Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Silver Age

Ed's X-Men Run11483

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My collecting goal for the last few years has been to complete my X-Men run - that I started as a teenager - before I turned 60 this April. I accomplished my goal about a month or two ago, and I had a lot of help from several of you on these CBCS forums (especially MC). I thank you all for that.

A few people said that I should post scans showing the run. And since I am a high school teacher on my "April" vacation this week, I figured why not? So here's my X-Men collection.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This one's a bit beat-up, but will be on its way to CBCS for slabbing very soon.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Still an x men 1 though, where it all began!
Post 3 IP   flag post

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
If I get that 1k from the trumpster, I might put that towards an XMen 1.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Won this one raw in an eBay auction a while back and had it graded.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Bought this one graded, and like the #1, the price kept rising so fast, I had to just stop thinking about it and just buy the best copy I could find and afford. I thought this 3.5 looked better than most 4.0's and 4.5's that I saw for sale.

Post 7 IP   flag post

Post 8 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo nice number 4. Yep I agree some books graded lower then a 4.0 present better and the price is better too 👍
Post 9 IP   flag post

Post 10 IP   flag post
Obtained this one from a CBCS forum posting a few years ago.

Post 11 IP   flag post

Post 12 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice start to the run Ed!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Somehow it took me years to obtain a copy of this issue, and then in a span of about four months, I ended up with 3 copies! This is the one I sent in for grading.

Post 14 IP   flag post

Post 15 IP   flag post
Issue 7 always makes me laugh, with the title block having that small remnant of the wings from issue 3 still visible...and issue 4, with the SCARLET witch in green no less....quality control wasn't quite on point back then!
Post 16 IP   flag post

Post 17 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town - When I was first looking at #7's and saw that remnant wing on the "X," I thought some kid must have drawn on the cover! Then I saw it on all of them.
Post 18 IP   flag post

Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Darkseid_of_town - When I was first looking at #7's and saw that remnant wing on the "X," I thought some kid must have drawn on the cover! Then I saw it on all of them.

I saw it there and wondered how they got it on issue 7 but the others in between lack the artifact , always puzzled me
Post 20 IP   flag post

Post 21 IP   flag post
First of two books that I bought around 40 years ago that I submitted and came back trimmed. It definitely bummed me out. It also makes me wonder if I have any other raws that might be trimmed too.

Post 22 IP   flag post

Post 23 IP   flag post
Second trimmed book that I submitted for grading. Picked up an untrimmed copy that arrived today.

Post 24 IP   flag post
I still have three short boxes of raw X-Men.

Post 25 IP   flag post

Post 26 IP   flag post

Post 27 IP   flag post

Post 28 IP   flag post
That's all for tonight. I will post more tomorrow. Thanks for taking a look.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Impressive.😳
Post 30 IP   flag post
601220 405 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?