Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Does anyone else collect Funko pops here?11411

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
"he sends us stuff like this all the time. He travels with the mustache and chin hair stick-ons."

Val Kilmer is super weird, bro
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelPanda144
just tonight I watched the Val Kilmer classic "Top Gun" for the first time in about 25 years...

THE DAAANNNNNGERRR ZOOOOOOONNEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I am personally a fan of Q-Figs from Quantum Mechanix and keep a look out for new ones that catch my interest:

And they have these awesome large dioramas too

Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I only caught a glimpse of that superman Batman one and.had to double check. Just looked inappropriate
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector gotham44 private msg quote post Address this user
I see more Funkos at comic book shows anymore than actual comic books. Some are really cool though. I just cant pull the trigger on them or ill be screwed.
Post 30 IP   flag post

The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
I only have one. Of course it's this one...

Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector gotham44 private msg quote post Address this user
I was tempted to the the VINCENT and Maximillian Black Hole Funkos.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
There always has to be someone that does it bigger --
Inside WWE star Zack Ryder’s million-dollar toy collection

www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/inside-wwe-star-zack-ryders-million-dollar-toy-collection-140041899.html
Best perspective - But before you criticize his hobby as a waste of time or money, Cardona has a ready response. “I’m collecting action figures, but I’m sitting in front of a case of my own action figures,” he says. “So I can collect whatever the f*** I want!”
Post 33 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Cool_Fool I don't think anyone here that collects colorful stacks of paper has any legs to criticize a guy for collecting whatever he likes
Post 34 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I've got 3....if the other 2 guys get there own Pops I'll get them as well.

Post 35 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite "...colorful stacks of paper..." Interesting way of looking at comics - breaks them down to a different perspective. Well earned, have a fresh one
Post 36 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
The first time I saw a Funko Pop, I thought they were ugly and decided that they weren't my thing. But now, I have one, and only one Funko Pop. I bought it last year.

Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
I don’t understand the appeal of POPs or why they are popular. IMO they are mostly the same figure with different color schemes.

To each his own. Some nice collections though.

Says the people who buy variant comics (I don't know you specifically, but our hobby in general)Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
....the proportions are all wrong too. They must have 2 different design people who don't communicate.....one's designing the head and the other the body.

Pops are bobble-heads. Not an odd proportionality for bobble-heads is it?
Post 38 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
I don’t understand the appeal of POPs or why they are popular. IMO they are mostly the same figure with different color schemes.

To each his own. Some nice collections though.

Says the people who buy variant comics (I don't know you specifically, but our hobby in general)Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
....the proportions are all wrong too. They must have 2 different design people who don't communicate.....one's designing the head and the other the body.

Pops are bobble-heads. Not an odd proportionality for bobble-heads is it?

I was totally joking about the proportions....🍻
Post 39 IP   flag post
I really dont remember how or which was my first pop I got, pretty sure it was a She Hulk Stan Lee glow in the dark con exclusive. I work with a girl who always does little random kind things and she brought that to work for me one day...then my mom stumbled across several comic characters in a store and thought they were neat so she bought several and peppered my Christmas that year with them...I saw a few here and there thought were unique and ...off and running..now I might have 20-30? I display by character in my house so...
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC
Post 41 IP   flag post
@etapi65 😀 👍
Post 42 IP   flag post
I keep thinking if Funko could develop an algorithim or simple method to make pops based off peoples dogs and cat pictures....they would be instantly massive
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector nik private msg quote post Address this user
I do. Picked up Venomized Ghost Rider & Deathwatch Mandolorian at a small Toy show couple of weeks ago

Post 44 IP   flag post
haha , I bought the venomized Rocket racoon...its hilarious
Post 45 IP   flag post
The POP collections does not stray too far from DeadPool, but from the beginning I always found Taskmaster such a kik azz character. So, glad he made it to the Black Widow movie.

There are two versions of the regular, I went with the third version, Walmart exclusive, with Black Panther claws.

Rest of the Taskmaster corner - have to keep 'em away from DP or they fight ^_~

Post 46 IP   flag post
I admit I am more fond of Taskmaster than DP...even his initials sound....wrong
Post 47 IP   flag post
"...too much time on my hands..." so finally organized and centralized most all of the DP POPS!, Dorbz and keychains.

and for anyone that has a problem with the initials "DP", must be coming from a warped and demented place - go pound rocks ^_~
Post 48 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Jean Grey, Storm, and Rogue are coming out later this year. They look quite nice. I have a Doctor Strange and Spider-Man from them.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_Fool
"...too much time on my hands..." so finally organized and centralized most all of the DP POPS!, Dorbz and keychains.

and for anyone that has a problem with the initials "DP", must be coming from a warped and demented place - go pound rocks ^_~
Nice collection. I will ignore the obvious and intended insult given. I am just not as delicate as some are
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just won this at auction this morning. It has a certificate, but I’m definitely gonna see about getting the signature authenticated.

As a huge Black Widow fan, I had to take a chance on it. And for what I paid, to me, it’s worth the risk.

Post 51 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I have looked at the Twin Peaks ones several times.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Just won this at auction this morning. It has a certificate, but I’m definitely gonna see about getting the signature authenticated.

As a huge Black Widow fan, I had to take a chance on it. And for what I paid, to me, it’s worth the risk.

You didn't take much of a chance there...her signature is relatively easy to see ….she is left handed so her signature is fairly obvious.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

You didn't take much of a chance there...her signature is relatively easy to see ….she is left handed so her signature is fairly obvious.

Sweet! And the GitS POP! is definitely legit?
Post 54 IP   flag post
I cannot say for certain but I can suggest that if you wanted to do it quickly and verify it you could message me Slim....there are simple enough ways
Post 55 IP   flag post
598019 58 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?