Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCertified Comics For SaleGrading Help NeededQuestions

CGC Charges for everything dang.11324

I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
I have never submitted to cgc so I went over to check them out. He’s what I found out.

$5 fee for online submission
Can’t mail in a book unless you’re a paid member of $25 or $149 or $299.

So right off you have to at least pay $30 just to send your books to them that’s crazy.

I’m glad CBCS is cheaper and a better grading company. Also no additional fees added to submit a book.

Pics below to show proof.

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I believe you can only submit one tier per invoice so if you want to submit a Modern book and a Silver Age book you need two invoices and incur the $5/$8 fee twice
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
If you pay the $150 fee you get $150 back for grading and other services...so it’s basically free if you know you’ll spend $150.

What gets me is that they charge $5 per each different tier. That adds up. Their bumps to the next tier are also lower than cbcs.

I put all this in a post a few months back...will find it for you...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah. CGC sucks.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
You get a discount on that $25.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Couldn’t track down my thread...but here is the info comparing prices of cbcs to the $150 CGC membership services:

CBCS Modern comics 1975 and newer = $18, Max Value of $200 (before bump to next price tier)
CGC Modern comics 1975 and newer = $18, Max value of $200 (before bumping)

CBCS Expanded = $27, max value of $250
CGG Value = $24.30, max value of $200

CBCS Consumer = $34, Max value of $400
CGC Economy = $34.20, Max value of $400

CBCS Quick Stream = $58, Max value of $2000
CGC Standard = $58.50, Max Value Of $1000

CBCS Rapid = $90, Max Value of $4000
CGC Express = $90, Max Value of $3000

CBCS Same Day = 2.75% FMV, max charge of $2759
CGC Walk Through = 3.0% FMV, Max charge of $4000

Oh, BTW, if CGC splits your books up into new tiers not on your invoice they’ll charge you $5 per tier (cbcs does not). :wink:
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
New member's get 5% discount.
Post 7 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I thought if you joined the Collector's Society, you could submit books directly to the cgc without a paid membership.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Like Jurassic Park.."They spare no expense." Noticed the price creeps lately. You have to really even decide getting a book signed and graded. Witness fee, grading fee, shipping, and artist's fee...holy rip. Damn fees exceed the true value of the book at times. I go CBCS all the way now...plus, CBCS is AWESOME to work with. NOTHING at CGC seems genuine anymore, except when they suck the money out of your wallet. Most of their employees seem soulless lately, unfortunately. They just receive the corporate wip. Keep in mind, just my humble opinion.
Post 9 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Damn Soulless Cash Suckers (DSCS)
Post 10 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Damn Soulless Cash Suckers (DSCS)

A subsidiary of CGC......DSCS.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
you can submit with a free membership at shows with CGC no need for a paid membership. I also know of pressers such as Avery Comic Pressing who will submit your books under their dealer account so you can save a lot of money using him. Josh Avery provides a great service. He also can provide his CBCS dealer account to submit your books.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I just assume they are just not that interested in the small customer submitting a few books. It's probably not a very profitable business. Small submissions still have to go through a lot of processing and handling. They would rather charge a premium there and offer discounts to the large volume customers.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I believe you can only submit one tier per invoice so if you want to submit a Modern book and a Silver Age book you need two invoices and incur the $5/$8 fee twice

Not anymore but you will be hit with separate shipping cost for each tier
Post 14 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson I read that as something else completely different.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman79
NOTHING at CGC seems genuine anymore, except when they suck the money out of your wallet. Most of their employees seem soulless lately,

I heard they instituted a Soul-Screen as part of the hiring process. There's probably a YouTube video about it.
Post 16 IP   flag post
597867 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?