Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsQuestionsSigning Opportunities

Conventional wisdom on convention travel11301

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I read today the president might make an emergency declaration and involve FEMA funding which is reassuring and offers some hope at least.

Even at my place of work I nightly see people walking around coughing all over others and the location itself. It is frightening how ignorant most are of the dangers they could be facing or creating.

Last place I need to go is a con where there are masses of people doing the same and also handing things back and forth or touching many of the same things over and over. I can wait …

Meantime finding some great online comic deals !
Post 26 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
I read today the president might make an emergency declaration and involve FEMA funding which is reassuring and offers some hope at least.

Even at my place of work I nightly see people walking around coughing all over others and the location itself. It is frightening how ignorant most are of the dangers they could be facing or creating.

Last place I need to go is a con where there are masses of people doing the same and also handing things back and forth or touching many of the same things over and over. I can wait …

Meantime finding some great online comic deals !

while I agree with most of what you said, I rarely get sick, I would say once every 3 years or so, the hardest part to get over is the cough, I will cough for 6-8 weeks after I am over the my cold or flu. if I stayed indoors because of a cough I would have no indoors to stay in as I would not have a house to live in. Anyway, I know people that should stay in while sick don't so, I get it.
Post 27 IP   flag post
No , not quite my point. People cough ...I get it. However some are considerate enough to put their arm over their mouth or perhaps face away from others to do so.

What I see so often is someone walking around coughing and spewing right in others faces or paths with zero thought of the possibilities
I get that people cant stay home all the time and they sometimes have to cough, but there is a considerate method and a rude one I guess
Post 28 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-travel-advisories-flight-cancellations-italy-south-korea-iran-1490027

As COVID-19 continues to affect countries around the world, airlines are suspending flights to high-risk areas, and the State Department has issued increased travel warnings for certain areas of the globe.

More than 87,000 people in 59 countries have become infected with the virus, and nearly 3,000 people have died, including two deaths in America. Health officials expect to see additional cases in the United States, and to try to curb the virus from spreading, President Donald Trump expanded travel restrictions.

Vice President Mike Pence announced on Saturday that a travel ban was put in place, with foreign nationals barred from entering the U.S. if they visited Iran, where a large outbreak is underway, within the past 14 days.

Iran has 593 confirmed cases of COVID-19, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), and 43 deaths, the highest toll outside of China. Among those who have contracted the virus are Vice President Masoumeh Ebtekar, members of the parliament and Iraj Harirchi, the deputy health minister.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
No , not quite my point. People cough ...I get it. However some are considerate enough to put their arm over their mouth or perhaps face away from others to do so.

What I see so often is someone walking around coughing and spewing right in others faces or paths with zero thought of the possibilities
I get that people cant stay home all the time and they sometimes have to cough, but there is a considerate method and a rude one I guess

This I can get behind.
Post 30 IP   flag post

"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I cover my mouth when: yawn, cough, sneeze, use a toothpick, and so on. The ones that don't are a-holes.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
From the CDC
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.

Post 32 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Whatever you do, don't act like this doofus:

Post 33 IP   flag post
Idiots abound sadly..that poor little girl.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Dr. Fauci says we are at the pandemic proportions. On NBC Nightly News he stated that it was too early to cancel activities in which large amounts of people are in close quarters but that it might be necessary in the future to do so.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I find this whole thing to be excessive in comparison to other stuff. But that's just my opinion.
What I am however very worried about is cancellation of major cons this year. If this pandemic (I call it panic) increases - it may well happen. That would really stink.
Just boot this headline around "San Diego cancels SDCC due to fears of Coronavirus". It's not impossible when panic ensues
Post 36 IP   flag post
598059 36 11
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.