Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user
Hello to all of you here to help.

I have been debating Liston FB my amazing Spider-Man complete run. It would be from 1-800. Including almost all variants. I might be missing 1 or 2. (Missing variant 667). What are your thoughts and what would the price tag be??
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Most likely would make far more money separating it out, and selling individually. Many people might want a 14, or 300, but not the entire run and by forcing someone to pay the cost of the entire set you eliminate most of the possible purchasers. Aside from and nevermind, if someone were working on a Spiderman run, and only needed issues under 100, but would be forced to pay shipping for more than 700 comics they dont need or want. You may luck out and find someone who has thousands to spend on the run....but that may take a lot of time and work,
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
If you are looking to sell quickly and all in one shot then a fire sale price will probably be required. If you have the time and are looking to maximize the true value and income potential for each issue, then maybe a seller that can take in that many and has the buyers that can/might pay true value per issue, I suggest talking with MyComicShop. So many in that run should be CBCS graded to max the value.....

So you buying a house with the proceeds?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
If they aren’t graded, definitely get the keys graded. If the non-keys are very high grade, considering slabbing them as well.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quick/easy cash- contact a buyer like MyComicShop.com or maybe Quality Comics.

Most profitable- sell the Keys individually. Non keys would be easier to sell in bulk IMO.

Obviously selling graded would beneficial; as mentioned above slab the early keys and “raw” grading is always an option.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
What are you looking to get for the whole run and what shape is #1 in?
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Amspider show a pic of your issue #1 if you don't mind.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amspider
What are your thoughts and what would the price tag be??

That's kind of like asking "how much is a car?" or "how much is a house?". Lot's of details to be discussed before you can narrow in on that question.
In my experience its a bad idea to bundle books of significant value with a bunch of books of little value. Less is more, more is less, etc.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Hello to all of you here to help.

I have been debating Liston FB my amazing Spider-Man complete run. It would be from 1-800. Including almost all variants. I might be missing 1 or 2. (Missing variant 667). What are your thoughts and what would the price tag be??

5% of the comics will bring you 90% of the value
Post 9 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
If you have been collecting long enough to put together a complete run I’m sure you know the value
Post 10 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Lets start with pictures of:

Post 11 IP   flag post
I do, but sentimental value is one thing actual value is another. I see some pricing on eBay and say “I am glad I have collected” yet the set for months.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t do Facebook so don’t know if it’s a big comic book market place. There is no way to give you a value without knowing the grades of your big keys.
You need money now list individually 1-20 on a 1 week EBay auction.
If you want it to dribble in (like me) look at eBay sales, do buy it nows at the bottom of the previous sales data, and keep your biggest keys and let them appreciate while you sell the rest.
You want to sell them all at once you might get 30-50% of what you would get yourself.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
typed out a whole reply to this then told myself...dont feed the trolls, its a new rule and backspaced the entire post gone
Post 14 IP   flag post
So really mixed reviews. Thanks. I will post 1-14 in the morning.
Post 15 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I do, but sentimental value is one thing actual value is another. I see some pricing on eBay and say “I am glad I have collected” yet the set for months.

Sentimental value has no value to buyers...actual value is all that matters. If you're serious about getting some sort of realistic value we've got to see pictures or grades of books...otherwise this is an exercise in futility.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Can somebody please just post the Dr Evil Billion dollar meme and we can be done?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

does that mean that you wish to sell here?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Don't sell your keys here. Best to get in touch with a big auction house and they'll probably send the books to a third party grading company and then auction them off for the best prices minus slab and selling commissions
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Don't sell your keys here. Best to get in touch with a big auction house and they'll probably send the books to a third party grading company and then auction them off for the best prices minus slab and selling commissions

Unless you get them graded first. Then you can simply offer them for 10% less here & give the buyer a deal and still make the same money you’d make with an auction (considering the fees you’d pay otherwise).

Win/win.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
It would be from 1-800. Including almost all variants. I might be missing 1 or 2. (Missing variant 667).

You gotta fill in those missing variants first. Without them you've got nothing.
How much is a rock? So I can hit myself in the head with it.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
typed out a whole reply to this then told myself...dont feed the trolls, its a new rule and backspaced the entire post gone

Ditto
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Well done on the complete collection .. I envy you
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
@Amspider . Congratulations on completing the run (minor issues don't really count-its the silver age slots that impresses us all!)With regards to selling- I agree with most- break it up will get you more money. Back in the 80s I had a baseball card store and sold cards. Individual star cars sold for far more than the complete sets. So find yourself some good sources- here, Facebook, Ebay, Mycomic shop etc and break it all up and let it go all go at the same time .a few keys here. some dreck there, etc. Multiple sources at the same time will bring quicker return- but if you were doing it on just once source (and doing it yourself) you will be at it a long time! Good luck!...
Post 25 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
How much for issues 1-50
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Me thinks um we have a game player here - said would post 1-14 in morning - oh, he didn't say WHAT morning, so sorry.

If it's true that poster is false, then kudos to @Darkseid_of_town & @Haljordanfan for calling it early. ^_~ HavaTaco

LQQKing at his old posts, even a sale he made to @OGJackster took extra time and effort on Jacksters end. So he got gifted a huge collection (RIP original collector) and is overwhelmed with his gold mine. Collection like that, I quit my job, slab and sell it off full time. Then margaritas and Margarita on Miami Beach @_@ You know, before the Coronavirus gets us all......
Post 27 IP   flag post

Post 28 IP   flag post
By the way Cool-fool your name really sits well with you. Thanks for looking up my history, lucky for me I am A Miami Dade Police Sergeant and got home late slept only a few hours and back to work. As for my past transactions I didn’t hear the buyer complain at all. Lets wrap this up with your final sarcastic remark. I have bought all my books my self.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Man, if I hadn’t spent a small fortune recently on a personal grail, I’d be keenly Interested in #3. 😞

If you still have it in a few months (doubt it) I could be a buyer.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597876 47 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?