Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
I know this is a longshot but...due to unfortunate circumstances I was not able to get to my LCS or any other yesterday. I’m reaching out to anybody out there that might have an extra copy or have an LCS in their area with one. If so, I also have a book or two to add to the purchase price for the trouble. If not, no big deal. Just thought I’d ask. Appreciate the help. Thanks!!

Ginosdad
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Ginosdad Sadly I only got 1 copy out of four comic shops I visited. I hope you find one, good luck!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
Why is this book so hot? Is it hype?

And I saw an error copy sold for $900. WTF?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Yes. The introduction of any new character is now a celebration.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
The introduction of Punchline....in 6 months the hype for this book and this new character will be somewhat ironic.
Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Check the dc new villain thread or whatever it is. I got one cuz I could I guess.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I got 1 from my pull list. The owner of my LCS told me this book is really hot and sold out everywhere. I played it off like I did not know what was going on. Of course there were no copies left on the rack today.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
I have one thats at my pull box that i ahould pickup either tomorrow or Saturday. Might be able to get an extra one bit won't know till i go.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
(-460 degrees)@Absolute_Zero There will not be any left. You would be really lucky if there were.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I missed out on it too, but then I dont pay new books enough attention .
Post 10 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
My LCS sold out before putting any on the shelf on Wednesday. I thought about making the rounds to pick up a few copies, but I don't really like doing that ... it just feeds into the hysteria. Anyway, I am supposed to get two copies from my pull list shipped Wednesday ... here's hoping they materialize.

Does anyone have info on Hell Arisen #3? I read online that the release was pushed back a week, to March 4th, but I can't find that info online. Everyone still has the original release date.

Also, yesterday, a retailer told me Batman #90 will be Punchline's first full appearance. It's the first I heard of that, too. I'm thinking now that he may have been confused, between Punchline and The Designer? As #90 will be The Designer's first full appearance.

[Edit later]: I did find out that Batman #90 is supposed to have a section on Jorge Jiménez's process for designing Punchline. So essentially, she will appear in-full in that issue, but not as part of the story. In my mind, that doesn't count, but maybe others see it differently.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
You'll find one cheap in 6 months...trust me...the "cameo" in the issue was a stretch I felt

I'd sell you mine, but I'm still a completist on the runs I collect...I have 1-89, so can't sell it, yet
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Nelsconey private msg quote post Address this user
I have 3 or 4 if you are interested.

Maybe trade something along with it.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I would love one!! Price and give me an idea what kind of books you're looking for to trade. Thank you!!

Ron
@ginosdad
Post 14 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsconey
I have 3 or 4 if you are interested.

Maybe trade something along with it.

Sure! What would you be interested in, trade wise? You can pm me if you'd rather.

Any luck with Hell Arisen #3? I just found out my pull list was raided and I'm not getting it. I might try tomorrow, but chances are, no one will have it.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid I only ordered one of Hell Arisen #3 from The Comic Mint for $17.95. I wish I'd had ordered more I would have sold ya one for cost.

Just try to be at the comic shop first thing and beat the crowd. Eat some peanut butter, broccoli, eggs, and cabbage the night before so you can clear out the shop & have it to yourself. Make sure you do the "one cheek sneak" or else they might kick you out.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Just try to be at the comic shop first thing and beat the crowd. Eat some peanut butter, broccoli, eggs, and cabbage the night before so you can clear out the shop

Hahaha ... and I'll eat me spinach!

No, I will try of course, but I don't think it'll work. My LCS didn't even put Batman 89 on the shelf, due to so many people adding it to their pull lists. And Hell Arisen has a MUCH smaller print run. I reckon even getting there first thing won't help.

But I'll let you know! (FYI, I got one from Comic Mint, too, for close to that amount. I'm just annoyed because my order with Atomic Empire was for 4 copies and I got none. But I do appreciate the sentiment!)
Post 17 IP   flag post
My LCS didn’t even order it because it wasn’t selling. Going to try to hit another shop in the morning
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
My LCS sold out before putting any on the shelf on Wednesday. I thought about making the rounds to pick up a few copies, but I don't really like doing that ... it just feeds into the hysteria. Anyway, I am supposed to get two copies from my pull list shipped Wednesday ... here's hoping they materialize.

Does anyone have info on Hell Arisen #3? I read online that the release was pushed back a week, to March 4th, but I can't find that info online. Everyone still has the original release date.

Also, yesterday, a retailer told me Batman #90 will be Punchline's first full appearance. It's the first I heard of that, too. I'm thinking now that he may have been confused, between Punchline and The Designer? As #90 will be The Designer's first full appearance.

[Edit later]: I did find out that Batman #90 is supposed to have a section on Jorge Jiménez's process for designing Punchline. So essentially, she will appear in-full in that issue, but not as part of the story. In my mind, that doesn't count, but maybe others see it differently.

her first full appeaarance is in HA3. batman 90 is just background story
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
FYI for those who may not have seen it, Artgerm Punchline cover for 94 has been moved to 92

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02/26/artgerm-punchline-cover-batman-94-92/
Post 20 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@KCBatmanFan Is it me or does it look like a Scott Campbell rip-off?
Post 21 IP   flag post
I had one on hold and picked it up today

Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

I hadn't really thought about it, but now that you mention it, this one is more Campbell-esque than most of Artgerm's work, especially the nose and eyes. The little smirk shows up in a lot of Artgerm's work, though.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBatmanFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

I hadn't really thought about it, but now that you mention it, this one is more Campbell-esque than most of Artgerm's work, especially the nose and eyes. The little smirk shows up in a lot of Artgerm's work, though.

Whenever I see art like this it always reminds me of old school So-Cal Sereno Gang tattoos.

Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
No, I will try of course, but I don't think it'll work. My LCS didn't even put Batman 89 on the shelf, due to so many people adding it to their pull lists. And Hell Arisen has a MUCH smaller print run. I reckon even getting there first thing won't help.

But I'll let you know!

I got confused between this thread and the "Heads Up - Two New DC Villains" one, and posted the update there. But here it is again:

"I managed to get one copy from my main LCS first thing this morning. He had a few set aside "So I can give them to my favorite customers. Or you." Heh ... that guys cracks me up. The store is called "Up Up And Away," but if I call and he sees it's me, he'll answer, "Up Yours."

I got two more copies for $20 each from another store. That particular store does a good job of pricing hot books up so that they are still available, but not too high to piss people off. He did the same thing for Batman Damned and managed to have copies available for 3-4 days.

Another store had a couple at $35 each, but I decided to give those a miss."

Also, as I noted elsewhere, Atomic Empire felt bad about shorting me four copies of HA #3, so they put one copy in my pull list today ... AFTER mailing my monthly subscription. So I won't get that copy until April Fool's Day, looks like. It will be worth either $200 or $2 by that point, not sure which.

So altogether I have, or will have, at least five copies, three in hand. I guess I'll send those three for grading tomorrow, fast pass, try to sell 'em before the next shiny object comes out.
Post 25 IP   flag post
598062 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?