Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

From 9.6....to 6.9....or there abouts.11214

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

I don’t know what’s more upsetting, that the person shipping this comic is ignorant to the fact they are asking for trouble providing essentially no support inside a flimsy mailer for a high grade comic...

...or yet another classic comic tough to find in high grade becomes a common damaged item when it didn’t have to be this way.

Seller got stellar reviews in his/her shipping robustness....and this is how my book arrives....

So, so angry 😡
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
On a positive note, that damage looks pressable.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The creases running across the book, yes. It’s the 6-10 along the spine that break color which cannot.

And that $15 to press for a book that’s worth what, $15 in NM- raw grade

Ironically the seller chose to invest $3 in insurance rather than $1 in extra cardboard in shipping weight...so obvious they want me to file an insurance claim.

Classic.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Cheap seller using free priority mail boxes as support. Those things are way too flimsy.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Drogio

Where did you get the comic?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio Unfortunately your Spidey avatar is very fitting in this case. But, let's kudos to the seller for using blue painters tape to attach the comic to the priority mailer!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
Dam. Even low volume comic sellers use Gemini Mailers instead of a do it yourself project. (hmm, tape, cut & hope for best) If they wont send it in a Gemini Mailer, I wont buy from them.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
@Drogio

Where did you get the comic?

I can PM you, but the seller agreed to refund me the $ and take on the claim so in don’t want to black ball them.

Still upset a 9.6 moon knight 25 with white pages has become a 8.0..maybe 9.2 after a press...

It’s more about that loss than the money...the cover was flawless!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll buy it off you and press it, 😉
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
The pressing will not help sadly due to the color breaks mostly in the yellow area.

Send it back, get your money, and leave neutral feedback.
Post 10 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
It’ll most definitely help. It’ll present way better and for someone that thinks the cover is sweet,(cuz it is) it’ll be way more appealing. As far as this convo is concerned and grading, I totally follow the disappointment.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio - We have all been there and feel your pain. What we need to do is get a permanent thread with theses pictures and the sellers name attached to them, so that none of us ever use the guy and feel the way you do right now.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Drogio

I was just wondering if you got it from ebay. Filing a claim probably wouldn't work due to the terrible packing.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
@Drogio

I was just wondering if you got it from ebay. Filing a claim probably wouldn't work due to the terrible packing.

It will work. Use "item not as described" because the auction probably shows a NM condition comic, hence why you bought it. What you recieved is not the same as described in the auction.

But it doesn't matter cause the seller already told him he would refund him.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
It will work. Use "item not as described" because the auction probably shows a NM condition comic, hence why you bought it. What you recieved is not the same as described in the auction.

I think @moodswing is referring to a Postal insurance claim. That cardboard is not just flimsy, it's intentionally pre-bent for folding into a box! I would think that the pictures would sink an insurance claim.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
Problems like this could be avoided if eBay had an info page for seller that have more comics than common sense. Like, use a Gemini mailer, blue painters tape, or if using regular tape then fold ends over so they are easy to remove and buyer does not need to use a sharp object. Pad that box so there is no movement when its multi handled from you to buyer. And make it required reading for sellers and then they could post in their listing that they follow these guidelines.

Just sent back a shipped mint Empire mag - seller used no boards and tissue paper thin mailer - i got it in Doctors waiting room condition, da clowns.
Post 16 IP   flag post
601347 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?