Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Spandex free zone! What non spandex are you reading?11208

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Never herd of Omega Men This is the End....will have to look into it

Check it out. It's surprisingly complex, a lot of "gray area" characters. The artwork augments the story nicely and the ending doesn't let you down.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'm about half way through the trade of Frank Miller's Ronin. It's a book that I have always wanted to read and just never got around to getting a copy. It was one of the readers that a forum member sent me. If you like science fiction, it's a very riveting read.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve been enjoying horror comics the past few months. Hill House comics from DC are really good.
Gideon Falls
Cult classic creature feature
Dark red
Manor Black
The Creeps
The electric black
Post 28 IP   flag post
There is a new sci-fi series coming from Image called Decorum. I already have #1 on preorder, but this variant from The Comic Mint looks pretty wicked!!! Here's the short blurb from Image. I didn't find the Previews ad, but that was pretty vague if I recall correctly.

Here is the TCM variant. It goes on sale this afternoon. Honestly, I think it would make a cool poster!!

Post 29 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
There is a new sci-fi series coming from Image called Decorum. I already have #1 on preorder, but this variant from The Comic Mint looks pretty wicked!!! Here's the short blurb from Image. I didn't find the Previews ad, but that was pretty vague if I recall correctly.

Here is the TCM variant. It goes on sale this afternoon. Honestly, I think it would make a cool poster!!

Is that General Grievous!!!???
Post 30 IP   flag post

@KatKomics LOL

General Grievous steampunk version.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Old graphic novel

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
Two non-spandex comics that I will never forget reading for the first time were:
I Saw It: The Atomic Bombing of Hiroshima: A Survivor's True Story by Keiji Nakazawa. This amazing story with powerful images is well worth reading. The contrasting art of the main character being cartoonish, against the horrific drawings of the burned victims is startling.

The story "Master Race" in EC Comics' Impact # 1 by Bernie Krigstein. Possibly the most perfect example of the art of comic storytelling ever printed. A comic that really showed what the medium could do to get a story across to the reader. Very powerful, and should be used as subject matter in our classrooms today, but will not, because SOMEBODY would be offended by the truth of the material.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Just finished latest issue of isola ..

It's still great but sooooooooooo long between issues now
Post 34 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Lately I've been reading the 'Hill House' line of books from DC...so far so good!!

Also remembered an old series I used to like - Midnight Mass
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector kon_jelly private msg quote post Address this user
Surprised no one has mentioned any of the Boom! Studios comics right now. They've been hitting it out of the park with what they've been putting out recently. Standouts for me are "Something is Killing the Children" and "Folklords". "Alienated" is only one issue in but it was a solid first issue. I haven't picked it up yet but I've heard good things about "Once and Future" as well.

Also digging "Undiscovered Country" and "Reaver" right now out of Image.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
DC Black Label:
Basket Full of Heads

Image:
Monstress
Reavers
Deadly Class
Killadelphia

Boom:
Grass Kings
Black Badge
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Doubling back to Reaver, the new arc started today and it appears to be a time jump from the last completed arc.

They also have a new artist on board
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s one that I think technically qualifies?

‘Hard Time’ was part of DC’a short lived Mature Reader “Focus” line. Coincidentally it was also written by Steve Gerber the creator of Howard the Duck, which I didn’t even realize until now.

It’s a delicate subject matter, so, I completely understand if someone would rather not give it a shot. It’s about a kid who’s latent powers are manifested for the first time under the duress of a school shooting.

But, the story isn’t really about his powers. It’s about a wrongly convicted kid serving time behind bars, Coping with life in general population with hardened criminals.

It’s exceptionally well written.

Post 39 IP   flag post
601333 39 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?