Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Since 54 books netted the seller $1, that's approximately 2 cents per book. I'm chuckling at the thought of a presser receiving the 2 cent book with the $12-$15 pressing fee. The question mark look on his face would be priceless.

Oh, wow ... I completely forgot! HA gets everything but the one dollar! Man ... that's $0.80 - $0.90 per comic cost to me, but only $0.02 of that goes to the seller. Not a lot of upside there.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Theo. Thanks so much for the extra cool comics! I was actually going to purchase a ā€¯Basket full of Heads #1."
I greatly appreciate what ya did for us. Thanks again.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I have a mini #2 myself as well

Post 28 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I'm chuckling at the thought of a presser receiving the 2 cent book with the $12-$15 pressing fee. The question mark look on his face would be priceless.

You wouldn't believe how common this is...
Post 29 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
I'm chuckling at the thought of a presser receiving the 2 cent book with the $12-$15 pressing fee. The question mark look on his face would be priceless.

You wouldn't believe how common this is...

I have noticed on the forum that we typically refer to pressing very casually, as if the cost is irrelevant. It costs more than the CBCS Raw Grade service and almost as much as modern slabbing.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid Thanks so much! The Atari Force books are in really nice shape. I also appreciate the Daredevil books you added. They are also really nice.

Post 31 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@Tedsaid Thanks so much! The Atari Force books are in really nice shape. I also appreciate the Daredevil books you added. They are also really nice.

Great! I hope you didn't already have them, but I saw from the Christmas thread that you like Frank Miller's DD run, as well as high grade bronze/copper. I found a set awhile ago, five copies each of these two issues, and had some left over. So I took a chance, figuring if you already had them, well, you could probably sell them easily, or maybe get them graded for a 9.2+.

At any rate, it was fun sending them out! Maybe I'll do another thing like this down the road.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Okay! It was fun while it lasted, but I'll have to cut off the offer. I've managed to give away a LOT of these, and I have two more takers on the waiting list. (I'm out of town just now, and will fix those shipments up when I get back.) But I do need to get on to other things. So even though it was a lot of fun, I'm going to pause for now.

I'll come up with something else fun in the near future. Thanks everyone!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I got em! Thank so much for the extra books!
Post 34 IP   flag post
597891 34 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?