Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

Weekly Cover Contest #178 - The Search for Oak Island Treasure11034

Collector Ambush_Bug private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwRj69TBlEc
Post 76 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush_Bug
Oh Jeeeez! I just checked IN on this now!

SUDDEN DEATH ENTRY!!!!

Bro, you need to submit a different cover (that hasn't been used) that fits the theme.

Tiebreaker rules!
Post 77 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Why is that guy naked?

Maybe you just think he's nude. I believe he's wearing a swimsuit.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
I wonder if @Ambush_Bug is even aware he is involved in a tiebreaker.

Voting ends tonight at 9pm Eastern.

How do you vote on these? All threes for the one you like?
Post 79 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

I think you can vote for both of them.

@Ambush_Bug Are you going to put in a new cover?
Post 80 IP   flag post

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I presume that's up to the voters. Maybe 3 for a certain cover, and 1 or 2 for the other. Whatever the voters decide.
Post 81 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’m wondering what this weeks contest is going to be........
Post 82 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad - Late
Post 83 IP   flag post
Yaaarrr.. ok ok.. better late than never...

REAL SUDDEN DEATH ENTRY!!!

Post 84 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I vote 3 for favorite, 2 for the next one. But that's just me. I can see people not voting for a cover if they really don't like it. Or maybe just giving one cover 1 or 2 stars.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe just look to see how many votes each has, and then vote in whatever way gets closer to a tie?
Post 86 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Voted - again.
Post 87 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
tvedo
Post 88 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Why is that guy naked?

I thought he was wearing an octopus.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Quote:
Why is that guy naked?

LMAO
Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Quote:
Why is that guy naked?

Speedo.
Post 91 IP   flag post
I only vote if I submit, that’s why I’m antsy in my pantsys to move on.
Post 92 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad Vote one more time to take the edge off.
Post 93 IP   flag post
"You are no soft Hyborian!" she exclaimed. "You are fierce and hard as a gray wolf. Those eyes were never dimmed by city lights; those thews were never softened by life amid marble walls."

"I am Conan, a Cimmerian," he answered.

With the unerring instinct of the elemental feminine, she knew she had found her lover, and his race meant naught, save as it invested him with the glamor of far lands.

"And I am Belit," she cried, as one might say, "I am queen."

"Look at me, Conan!" She threw wide her arms. "I am Belit, queen of the black coast. Oh, tiger of the North, you are cold as the snowy mountains which bred you. Take me and crush me with your fierce love! Go with me to the ends of the earth and the ends of the sea! I am a queen by fire and steel and slaughter – be thou my king!"

His eyes swept the blood-stained ranks, seeking expressions of wrath or jealousy. He saw none. The fury was gone from the ebon faces. He realized that to these men Belit was more than a woman: a goddess whose will was unquestioned. He glanced at the Argus, wallowing in the crimson sea-wash, heeling far over, her decks awash, held up by the grappling-irons. He glanced at the blue-fringed shore, at the far green hazes of the ocean, at the vibrant figure which stood before him; and his barbaric soul stirred within him. To quest these shining blue realms with that white-skinned young tiger-cat – to love, laugh, wander and pillage—"I'll sail with you," he grunted, shaking the red drops from his blade.
Post 94 IP   flag post
*vote bump*

There is only 2 hours left for the tiebreaker voting deadline.

Tiebreaker #1 is on page 3 post #68.
Tiebreaker #2 is on page 4 post #84.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Bump
Post 96 IP   flag post
Waiting sucks.

Post 97 IP   flag post
30 mins left

Time to gamble.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Thank you all for the votes.

Congrats to @Ambush_Bug for the Tiebreaker competition. And thanks to all who posted their fav chest.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user

Post 100 IP   flag post
@brysb that's what I'm fixing to do.
Post 101 IP   flag post
I have to say, I woulda voted for Pre Coder’s cover as well. Heh. That’s one crazy cool-ass cover
Congrats!
Post 102 IP   flag post
Quote:
I have to say, I woulda voted for Pre Coder’s cover as well. Heh. That’s one crazy cool-ass cover
Congrats!

It was a great cover, but I couldn't get past the guy with a hook in his nipple. Ug.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
"You are no soft Hyborian!" she exclaimed. "You are fierce and hard as a gray wolf. Those eyes were never dimmed by city lights; those thews were never softened by life amid marble walls."

"I am Conan, a Cimmerian," he answered.

With the unerring instinct of the elemental feminine, she knew she had found her lover, and his race meant naught, save as it invested him with the glamor of far lands.

"And I am Belit," she cried, as one might say, "I am queen."

"Look at me, Conan!" She threw wide her arms. "I am Belit, queen of the black coast. Oh, tiger of the North, you are cold as the snowy mountains which bred you. Take me and crush me with your fierce love! Go with me to the ends of the earth and the ends of the sea! I am a queen by fire and steel and slaughter – be thou my king!"

His eyes swept the blood-stained ranks, seeking expressions of wrath or jealousy. He saw none. The fury was gone from the ebon faces. He realized that to these men Belit was more than a woman: a goddess whose will was unquestioned. He glanced at the Argus, wallowing in the crimson sea-wash, heeling far over, her decks awash, held up by the grappling-irons. He glanced at the blue-fringed shore, at the far green hazes of the ocean, at the vibrant figure which stood before him; and his barbaric soul stirred within him. To quest these shining blue realms with that white-skinned young tiger-cat – to love, laugh, wander and pillage—"I'll sail with you," he grunted, shaking the red drops from his blade.

Well done... but carrying it a little further with a trip below deck and the throwing off the chains of primal engagement would have completed the story as they sailed off into the setting sun.
Lol. 🖖
Post 104 IP   flag post
601314 104 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?