Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS what have to done to my books10752

Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim

Did they do the pickup or are you still waiting?

Yes FedEx picked up Monday 6th January and delivered to CBCS yesterday Monday 13th January. That’s now over 29 weeks since CBCS first received my books on 21st June 2019.

FedEx were actually very good once they eventually collected and tracking system kept me informed every step of the way.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Let us know when it is headed back to you.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Let us know when it is headed back to you.

and of the results.
Post 53 IP   flag post
@Towmater @SpiderTim I most certainly will 👍 the anticipation is killing me already 😊
Post 54 IP   flag post
Well my books are on their way to me.

I got an email 7 days ago to say my books were ready to be shipped and dashboard said completed.

No email to confirm they were shipped and no tracking number followed.

I emailed CS this morning and in all fairness they have just replied saying they were shipped on 13th and gave me a tracking number.

Looks like they are in Dublin at the moment so delivery should be tomorrow or Friday.

Dashboard says grades are the same except Doctor Strange 2, which has gone up from 4.5 to 5.5.

Apparently X-Men still has a wave in it and when I ask why via PM I got no reply.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
Apparently X-Men still has a wave in it and when I ask why via PM I got no reply.

Oh, boy, that doesn't sound good.

It seems astonishing to me that a comic that was stored and protected the way you describe could ever get a 6.5 grade. And I'm not even sure what they saw. The comic looks fine, other than the waviness that should be correctable.

What did the grader notes say? Also, is that Milestone edition a thicker card stock on the cover? That might make it tricky to press.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@no1lufcfan I have a Jimmy Olsen 134 that looks 8.0 but graded 6.0 because of a wave. My presser took two shots at it. He said probably multiple more pressings would take the wave out but he wasn't comfortable pressing it that many times.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Well my books are on their way to me.

I got an email 7 days ago to say my books were ready to be shipped and dashboard said completed.

No email to confirm they were shipped and no tracking number followed.

I emailed CS this morning and in all fairness they have just replied saying they were shipped on 13th and gave me a tracking number.

Looks like they are in Dublin at the moment so delivery should be tomorrow or Friday.

Dashboard says grades are the same except Doctor Strange 2, which has gone up from 4.5 to 5.5.

Your experience sounds like a nightmare. sorry to hear, but like many of us have seen this type of stuff keeps happening and needs to be addressed.
Post 58 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Milestone edition a thicker card stock on the cover? That might make it tricky to press.

Nope.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Books are back

Doctor Strange 1 same 8.5 but I was happy with this the first time.

Doctor Strange 2 up from 4.5 to 5.5. The graders notes say:-

signature(s) verified by BAS
spine stress, corner, edge & surface wear to cover breaks color front cover
long vertical/horizontal stain right, top & bottom edge through book.

X-Men 1 MME same grad 6.5 but definitely an improvement
The graders notes say:-

"Jack Kirby" signature unverifiable by BAS.
spine stress breaks color
tiny wear top left back cover breaks color

Post 60 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I guess it looks better. Now to wait and see how it looks in the case in 2-6 months. Dr Strange 2 still looks weird.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I guess it looks better. Now to wait and see how it looks in the case in 2-6 months. Dr Strange 2 still looks weird.

Yep
Post 62 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Dr Strange 2 still looks weird.

Yeah. I wouldn't be happy if my book looked like that after it was pressed.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:

It seems astonishing to me that a comic that was stored and protected the way you describe could ever get a 6.5 grade. And I'm not even sure what they saw. The comic looks fine, other than the waviness that should be correctable.

Failed Verification due to writing (Jack Kirby) on the cover hit the grade HARD but this hard
Post 64 IP   flag post
Apparently our friends across the road dissagree

Ok it's got a witness sig but also writing ie Jack Kirby

Post 65 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Failed Verification due to writing (Jack Kirby) on the cover hit the grade HARD but this hard

What do the graders notes say? There has to be more than just the failed signature.

Edit - my bad, I just saw them.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I have this thought in my head that those Milestone Editions are notorious for losing the silver on the spine. I noticed the notes said that there are two color breaks, one being on the spine. I wonder how bad the spine is.
Post 67 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O on my phone if I double tap the pic I can then enlarge it so you can get a really good idea of the spine.

So total of two tiny colour breaking ticks and remember this book has now been pressed twice. I appreciate what you say about the history of this book though.
Post 68 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Apparently our friends across the road dissagree

Ok it's got a witness sig but also writing ie Jack Kirby

Noting that "Jack Kirby" is written on the cover in marker is not a validation of the signature.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Plus, it was the staining that really killed the grade on the Doctor Strange #2.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Noting that "Jack Kirby" is written on the cover in marker is not a validation of the signature.

Oh I quite agree but my point being it doesn't appear to have hert the grade by much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Plus, it was the staining that really killed the grade on the Doctor Strange #2.

I totally understand that 👍
Post 71 IP   flag post
There seems to be quite a bit going on with your Milestone cover. Is that a crease on the right hand side that travels the length of the book? It looks like there is one on the left as well. Plus, silver loss on the front and back covers. None of that appears in the notes.
Post 72 IP   flag post
When you blow the pic up I quite agree but in hand it certainly doesn't seem that bad and as you say it's not mentioned in the notes.
Post 73 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Quote:
Dr Strange 2 still looks weird.

Yeah. I wouldn't be happy if my book looked like that after it was pressed.

I second that. Always struck me funny that so many are willing to pay more to get inferior work done.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
I wouldn't be happy if my book looked like that after it was pressed.

Believe me I'm not.….and remember pressed twice and 34 weeks
Post 75 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Something going on with the Marvel Milestone. I'm Sorry but based on the pictures the grade seems accurate. I'm wondering if it was damaged between leaving your hands and getting to CBCS office? Looks like bends in the front and back cover that could be beyond press-able creases?
Post 76 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller Hey no need to be sorry all opinions are more than welcome. I have looked at this book more in the last few weeks than in the previous 20 plus years since I purchased it.

There are issues but this is how I received the book new all them years ago and how it’s been stored before being sent off to grading.

I honestly can’t see how it was damaged from leaving my hands to CBCS receiving it as I took really good care to handle and pack correctly, so perhaps it was like that ever since I received it, unlikely but possible, or did leaving it flat like this for all that time caused the issues.

My main concerned at the moment is Doctor Strange 2 and all those waves after 2 pressings ?

Post 77 IP   flag post
601210 77 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?