Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

What are your top five pickups for 2019?10720

Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Love that Sgt. Fury 1!
Post 76 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Doc_Cop Thank you!! Love the book too but its the White pages that I couldn't resist.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
I went after some lower quality more affordable books this year because I needed a change and need to start enjoying the books for what they are, not resale . Couldn't afford Gotlift's page, but managed to find a cheaper one ..I just picked these all up the last couple/few wks.

[img]https://e3effa51eee72fd900e3-2fb779bd12ec72d4612275342f2c9187.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/0b9d3b8236f7e44eac22499faf821a73.jpg[/img)
Post 78 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
wow 1937 holy cow #2
Post 79 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
I went after some lower quality more affordable books this year because I needed a change and need to start enjoying the books for what they are, not resale . Couldn't afford Gotlift's page, but managed to find a cheaper one ..I just picked these all up the last couple/few wks.

You did great. That Detective Comics #2 is fantastic and the others aren’t to shabby either. I would pull the trigger on any one of them if I had a money tree in the back yard. Lol. 🖖.
Post 80 IP   flag post

lol..thanks @Gotlift I truly felt a change in what interest me these last few months. Addicted to this older stuff now...dont even need keys (not that I could afford them).
Post 81 IP   flag post
Christ! I put the wrong TEC pic in there...thats not mine! Didn't even notice until I read your sentence and I'm like "#2?!?"

Can you pull that pic out of your post please...dont want the owner freakin out I claimed his book...mine was this one at about a 10k difference):
Post 82 IP   flag post
and its the only one you liked gonna go put my head in oven now
Post 83 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
and its the only one you liked gonna go put my head in oven now

Whoops. Lol.
No that one especially stood out as stunning
I too have steered towards the golden age stuff in fact I have a lot of my newer stuff on eBay now.
The others were great also. The Captain America page I see now was kind of hidden in fact I didn’t read the header and thought it was a camera fropa
Any of the pages from Captain America #1 that pertain to Captain America are super and deserve notoriety. I think They rank up there with the first Superman action pages. Take a shot of both sides and post them. I’ll have to dig out my reprint and enjoy reading it again
Post 84 IP   flag post
I will and I agree
Post 85 IP   flag post
600736 85 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?