Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

MCU Latest News: Eternals10685

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Marvel Studios boss and MCU mastermind Kevin Feige took the stage at CCXP in São Paulo, Brazil and gave the ecstatic audience a first look at the upcoming superhero epic, which stars Angelina Jolie as Thena, Salma Hayek as Ajak, Richard Madden as Ikaris, Gemma Chan as Sersi, Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo, Bryan Tyree Henry as Phastos, Don Lee as Gilgamesh, and Barry Keoghan as Druig — god-like cosmic beings, all of them.

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I recognize only 2 of the stars- That's already a plus for me. Whether or not they're the right actors remains to be seen.

I hope this works, and the studios will start to consider more "off the beaten path" projects.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy I agree, and as per Feige, this film is supposedly "Pure Kirby". That alone puts my anticipation on high. Can't wait!
Post 3 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I thought Ajak was a guy in the comics.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@DrWatson he was...but...well you know..today's world right?
Post 5 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, I get it. Transvestite.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@DrWatson lol!!!!!!!🍻
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

As long as there aren't any straight white males in it
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Maybe his use of "Pure" was a little off. Mike Royer once (once) "prettied" up Barda's face when he inked it. JK looked him in the eye and said, "Never change the faces." He never again did. That was Colletta's job.
I wonder what Kirby would think of this change.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I heard once that the core movie going audience is like 15-25 dating age singles and families with young children. I have serious concerns that this version of the MCU will not appeal to those audiences anywhere near the way the previous MCU did. On the other hand, Guardians of the Galaxy proved that, when done with the right charisma, those audiences can get attached to comic characters that they are unfamiliar with.
Post 10 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Where is Jon Snow? Why ain't you no here, Jon Snow? Can't find the place, Jon Snow? You know nothing, Jon Snow.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Where is Jon Snow? Why ain't you no here, Jon Snow? Can't find the place, Jon Snow? You know nothing, Jon Snow.

I don't know the reference, who is Jon Snow?
Post 12 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller king of the north.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
Statistically speaking , This should be a crazy success. I believe the only failures The MCU has had are the Inhumans and certain Netflix shows that shall remain nameless.... so that I might sleep well tonight. really pulling for Daredevil and Punisher and hoping my girl Elektra if given a second chance is done right
It seems so simple to me.If they DONT FOCUS on inclusive ,political agendas , and focus on great story telling , they will have a hit.
Am I wrong ???
Post 14 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@EbaySeller king of the north.

He used to be Ned's bastard, but then he wasn't.

"Stick 'em with the pointy end."
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

I don't know the reference, who is Jon Snow?

Some guy who had a thing for his Aunt, and gave her that thing many times until he killed her with a tear in his eye.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Game of Thrones reference.
Post 17 IP   flag post
The newsfeed headline kind of changed my point of view: "Marvel studios boss Kevin Feige unveils epic 'The Eternals' footage."

People may be completely unfamiliar with these characters, but the MCU machine is so good at social media and public relations that by time the movie hits, the movie-going audience will feel like they have known these characters all their lives.
Post 18 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arak
Statistically speaking , This should be a crazy success. I believe the only failures The MCU has had are the Inhumans and certain Netflix shows that shall remain nameless.... so that I might sleep well tonight. really pulling for Daredevil and Punisher and hoping my girl Elektra if given a second chance is done right
It seems so simple to me.If they DONT FOCUS on inclusive ,political agendas , and focus on great story telling , they will have a hit.
Am I wrong ???

Pretty sure they're pushing the gay agenda in this one.

I couldn't care less about any of the straight relationships. If I want to see a couple of men in a relationship, well, there are websites for that...

Okay, okay, I did find the Tony and Pepper relationship compelling. But that's because of a decade's worth storytelling. Stark's relationship changed with his own character. Steve and Peggy? Couldn't care less. Parker and MJ? Nope. Thor and Jane? Definitely meaningless to me. Banner's relationship to himself (Hulk) was much more interesting.

I'm not gay, so I will be completely disconnected to any male-on-male action. It's a small audience to target. Hopefully, for Marvel Studios, it doesn't distract from anything.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
It's crazy, because I can not think of a set of characters I know or care less about- but I am pretty sure I will watch the movie and enjoy it. I am able to compartmentalize any underlying politics involved in these movies. I see them as entertainment and move on. Just like the Rocky and Rambo movies in the 80s didn't offend me with their over the top politics I don't see myself walking out of eternals and telling my wife she needs to call me Edwina and the pronoun zhey(if you don't know about the new pronouns yet, look them up, they're a hoot)
Post 20 IP   flag post
Starting to wonder exactly how Feige defines "pure". Hopefully they'll focus on writing instead of pandering.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
My thought is and always has been if it does not detract, take away .or change the core story. For example everyone knows that superman's weakness is kryptonite. but tomorrow a writer decides to change that in the next movie we see him cringing and screaming while Lex holds a Funko Pop in his face

All the years of dedication loyalty . time spent argui....discussing at the stores and cons,money on the piece of krypto ( careful someone doesnt think Bitcoin) you got from the movie.whatever point made

so if its done for no other reason then to push the politics , theology, race, sexual preference,agenda and the story and mythology suffer for it...ITS WRONG
oh btw-before anyone gets your panties in a twist- got nothing against Funko Pops. My niece was sitting here and it was the first thing I saw when I looked up
Post 22 IP   flag post
598047 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?