Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

The Rise of Skywalker - Leak ?10609

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I just listened to the entire video & it all makes sense. I think this is the real deal here. Watch if you don't mind spoilers.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Had not thought of that Rey possibility. Thanks for sharing
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Hcanes yeah. I have listened to it three times now. It just flows together too good to be fake... and all the preview scenes we watched on the trailers, he incorporates into the "leak" story. I just hate what happens to Ben.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
But Thrawn salvages the Empires attacks and rids the universe of these horrible Jedi...and story lines???
Post 4 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not watching the video but is there any update on Jar-Jar Binks? Does he play a major role in the plot line?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Did you see that Boyega had lost his script and it made it's way onto Ebay. Someone from Disney was able to purchase the screenplay so that the movie was not leaked to the world.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller No. Jar Jar Binks is not a dark Sith Lord or anything else. Haha
Post 7 IP   flag post
To further back up this "leak" info... Rey, holding the dagger.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
To further back up this "leak" info... Rey, holding the dagger.

👀👀👀
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Force ghosts save the day? Basically divine intervention? Not buying it. That would be a bad way to end it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Drogio the original Return of the Jedi had the Force Ghost save Luke, and then he beheads Vader and Luke becomes Darth Vader and rules the galaxy with his sister.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@Drogio the original Return of the Jedi had the Force Ghost save Luke, and then he beheads Vader and Luke becomes Darth Vader and rules the galaxy with his sister.

Lol! And that would have been a disaster!!

Thanks for reinforcing my point. Force ghosts can advise....but they’re ghosts, dammit!! They should not physically be involved. They’re of another dimension.

😉
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
I'm not watching the video but is there any update on Jar-Jar Binks? Does he play a major role in the plot line?

It was announced that the actor who plays the character will be the new host of the Star Wars game show on Disney +.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
I'm doing my best to avoid spoilers.

My expectations are low, but I'm a fan, so we'll see how it goes.

I think I'm the one person who liked Solo. It wasn't high art or anything, but it was fun, and at its core, that's what Star Wars is.
Post 14 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie It wasn't Solo.

I just hope they can pull off a miracle on this final installment, but I'm not getting my hopes too high. At this point I'm just glad it's over with, and hope they sell it back to George and a significant loss. What a disaster this whole Disney thing has been.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@Jabberwookie It wasn't Solo.

I just hope they can pull off a miracle on this final installment, but I'm not getting my hopes too high. At this point I'm just glad it's over with, and hope they sell it back to George and a significant loss. What a disaster this whole Disney thing has been.

There have been some hits. Rogue One was good, and Mandalorian is showing some promise.

I'd love for George to get it back, but we do have to be honest about those prequels...
Post 16 IP   flag post
I liked Rogue One. Definitely the best movie Disney has produced. It's not great, but it was fun. I thought Chirrut and Blaze stole the movie, so much so I wish the movie had been about them instead. Great characters worthy of their own spinoff.

Mandelorian is good so far. I wish there were more (and longer) episodes, but I understand they didn't want to commit too deeply given the reception the movies have been getting. This is the best thing in the Disney SW universe...so far. Keep it up.

I'm holding out hope that they decide to give it all back to George. It's no different than how they nearly destroyed the Power Rangers, and when they felt the teat was completely dry, they sold it back to Saban for pennies. Afterwards he brought the magic back and showed Disney that it wasn't the MMPR...it was Disney.

As for the prequrls, Episodes 1 and 2 were trash, but I'll admit I liked Episode 3. So much so I forgive him for Episodes 1 and 2. I just prefer not to watch them again.

If George can just come to grips that his strength is of a storyteller and a universe creator. Write the stories and hire people to direct the movies. That would be the winning combination. I just wish Disney would have seen this and used him to write their movies.
Post 17 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
***POSSIBLE SPOILER IF YOU DID NOT WATCH THE VIDEO****

I actually like the idea of Rey being the granddaughter of a great Sith, and the one to finally bring balance by mastering both sides of the force. It makes sense, and I hope it’s true.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts I agree with ya. Rouge One was a pretty good movie. Episode 3 was one of my favorites out of the series, along with Return of the Jedi. Episode 3 mainly because it shows the birth of Darth Vader (the Vader before the suit) which was cool to behold. Anikins eyes were an evil gold color, showing the power of the darkside. I don't know why people gave Hayden Christensen such grief, I thought he played the part very well. Also, we get to see the Emperor come to fruition, and watch him in a light-saber duel against one of the best Jedi (Yoda) and best him.

The Mandalorian is just too short. So far it's been a pretty good show,(maybe I just get caught up in it, it seems like they are too short). Let's hope they continue to keep it interesting & entertaining.
Post 19 IP   flag post
So....how much of this spoiler was true? Not all of it, but much of it appears to be factual. Some parts are similar, but not exactly as described too.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I only care about the ORIGINAL TRILOGY. My only hope is that one day they will be remastered devoid of all of the Lucas special edition footage.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Drogio They did several test audiences and had reshhots up until just a few weeks ago in an attempt to make something that would be acceptable. I think at one point all the leaks were true, but many didn't make the final cut.

It was very good, IMO. I hated Episode 8, but 9 put together an acceptable closure to the series. It's not flawless. There are many things I would have done differently, but it far exceeded my expectations.

I'm going to refrain from tearing it apart piece by piece. You can tell that they definitely tried. It was a good movie, certainly worthy of closing the series.
...now let's move on to new stories and new characters. Expand the universe. Hell, do something with Baby Yoda.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@brysb They remastered the original several years ago. You can get them on Blu-ray.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
@brysb They remastered the original several years ago. You can get them on Blu-ray.

What is the original without all the tinkering Lucas did (without the editing and computerized additions) sold as or under? I don't want to watch the computerized Jaba the Hut chatting with Han in docking bay 94 that Lucas put into the original movie(among other edits) when he released the Special Edition version in 1997.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
For those who saw the movie, were there any new trailers for upcoming MCU or comic movies? I was hoping Star Wars would introduce summer movie trailers that would jump-start the back issue sales for 2020.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Ummm, maybe the comic sales bubble is starting to have the air let out of it like many other "collectable" hobbies have seen over the last couple of years. Personally, I would welcome it. One could start going back to SDCC, and be able to move around. Wouldn't that be something?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
For those who saw the movie, were there any new trailers for upcoming MCU or comic movies? I was hoping Star Wars would introduce summer movie trailers that would jump-start the back issue sales for 2020.

Just the Black Widow Trailer.

They also played Christopher Nolan's Tenet. The preview captured one long sequence that I thought we walked into the wrong movie.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

They have all of the changes Lucas made, not the unaltered original versions. Although I do already have that blu-ray set. I don't mind some of the changes when they enhance a scene, updated special fx for fight scenes, deathstar blowing up, etc. Parts I detest are the Jaba/Han added scene that looks bad, Jaba looks silly and nothing like how he later appears in ROTJ. The worst change of all is the end scene with the Jedi ghosts, changed original actors with prequel actors!
Post 28 IP   flag post
@brysb Yeah, I stand corrected. My bluray set is the cut from around 2011ish. The only release of the original cut they ever made on DVD was on this set. I bought them when they came out, so I have no idea how much they'd cost on the aftermarket.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
@brysb Yeah, I stand corrected. My bluray set is the cut from around 2011ish. The only release of the original cut they ever made on DVD was on this set. I bought them when they came out, so I have no idea how much they'd cost on the aftermarket.

I remember it well. I bought these DVD's at Best Buy years ago but no longer have them. I was disappointed in the original versions that were included as extras...picture quality looked like VHS, taken I believe from an older Laser disc release? I wasn't impressed with the quality because no attempt was made to clean up the prints. But sadly, this is all we have left of the unaltered original trilogy on any digital format (except for LD).
Post 30 IP   flag post
600891 46 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?