Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

ASM 301 What Do You Think This Would Grade At?10542

To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I have this copy of ASM 301 and was thinking of sending it off to be graded. I was wondering if you guys thought it would be worth it and what grade do you think it might be. It is going to be for resell and not my PC. Thanks Also those two marks in the lower center are not actually on the book. It was something on my scanner.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
9.4-9.6
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
9.0 - 9.2
Post 3 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I also have ASM 299 to go along with it.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
8.5 - 9.0
Post 5 IP   flag post
Any other thoughts?
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I'd only send those in if it was part of a larger order and you plan on using grade screening. That way you spread the cost of shipping out over several comics and if it doesn't meet the minimum grade for you to make a profit you don't need to bother getting it slabbed and can just try selling it raw. A 9.0
ASM sells for around $40-60 slabbed.

This one sold recently, you can also look at ebay sold listings for raw comics and you don't need to list a grade in your auction, just clean your scanner off and upload some new photos of the comic. I personally don't like auctioning things off unless I set the price to the minimum I'm willing to sell the comic for:

clickable text

Your copy looks a bit better than this due to the dent on the front cover near the bottom staple on this sold ebay listing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
There are quite a few stress lines along the front cover, none that break color though (I think - hard to tell with scans). Send it in for a press, I think you have a 9.8 candidate here. Especially if those back cover top corners are just slightly bent and not blunted. (I think the left is a tiny bend, and the right is a tiny blunt ... but, by itself, not a deal-breaker for 9.8.)

Good luck!
Post 8 IP   flag post
597959 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?