Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
"Please pack well so corners do not get dented...thank you. "

Simple message that I sent prior to shipping, right?

Seller responds "no worries, will pack securely"... And then the book gets shipped...NO protection of any sort, shipped in a flimsy mailer envelope, NO sturdy cardboard, etc!! Dang, a book I have been wanting forever and I thought I finally obtained it in NM condition??? Um, NOPE!!!

So the seller refunds my money 100% without asking for images of the damage, but...I am still NOT happy!! I specifically asked for this book to be packed well to avoid damage! I really wanted to SLAM this seller with negative comments, but, my funds were refunded and all was made right, so what else could I do?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Keep moving on and find the books again later. At least you aren't dealing with awakeintheashes trouble across the street. Basic gist if you aren't aware is that he sold an IH 181 CCG 8.5, and the buyer claims to have received an X-Men v2 #11. It goes both ways, and it is unfortunate.
Post 2 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Same stuff happened to me about a year ago. I bought a full set of 10 Spawn Origins hardcovers. If you're not aware, #1 and #3 are expensive. I asked to make sure they're shipped securely - seller says "just picked up shipping supplies today, no problem". Box arrives. Literally nothing in the box except for 10 books and a small sliver of cardboard (why?).

I was F-ing irate. I ended up receiving a 50% refund. All said and done - I felt I was 'made whole'. I got a good deal on them considering the refund. I really tried to calm myself and told the seller that "ALL comic properties - whether they're single issues or not - should be treated as valuables".

Always under-promise and over-deliver as a seller. Always.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I just received a slabbed Thor 337 (First appearance of Beta Ray Bill)for a great price, it came in a manila envelope with 1 layer of bubble wrap around it. the bubble wrap was not sealed on the side so the comic could move around and slip out of the bubble wrap and only leave a thin piece of paper between the slab and a hard surface, no cardboard not nothing. I was lucky that the slab was not damaged or broken open, if it had been dropped just once it probably would've been damaged. I did not want to send it back for a refund. Yikes!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I've been burned a few times...usually with the cereal box packaging....also not marking "Do Not Bend" on package apparently gives my postie freewill to fold it in to my mailslot at the community box.

I treat all packages going out as if they were mine. I do ship in bubble envelopes with cardboard on single issues, but that cardboard is rigid corrugated and the book is well secured..if I don't have materials, I will let the buyer know, it'll be a day late...I ran out of packaging and I'd rather send it properly.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
I feel your pain. I received an asm 361 nm in an envelope with 1 board. Nothing else. No bag, no padding. Amazingly it was still ok. But who does that??
Post 6 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my modified Spider-man quote for purchasing comics:

"With great (or even cheap) prices, come not-so-great (usually crappy) shipping practices."

I am always nervous about using a seller for the first time. So I look at how they say they will ship an item and check their feedback. I also try to avoid sellers that say they use media mail (please don't go off on that topic here - that debate is done). I don't mind paying a fair price for shipping as long as the seller uses that money for it's intended purpose.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@brysb sooo - which comic?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
... so what else could I do?

Could you tell us who the seller is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoosh5492
No bag, no padding. Amazingly it was still ok. But who does that??

Who did that?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@brysb Buy from Scifinator

Post 10 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I will not name the seller, but will say this...not the first eBay seller (with 100% positive feedback)I have dealt with where I requested ahead about secure shipping and wound up disappointed! I just do NOT get it...how hard is it to ship in a box with ample packaging?????????? I will say this, EVERY seller from the CBCS forum who I bought comics from has ALWAYS sent me the best comics and packed well...NEVER an issue!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy newstand comics.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
@Yoosh5492 thank you.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@brysb

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
I will not name the seller, but will say this...not the first eBay seller (with 100% positive feedback)I have dealt with where I requested ahead about secure shipping and wound up disappointed! I just do NOT get it...how hard is it to ship in a box with ample packaging?????????? I will say this, EVERY seller from the CBCS forum who I bought comics from has ALWAYS sent me the best comics and packed well...NEVER an issue!

I’ve never left negative feedback myself, but in this case it would seem dutiful for you to forewarn potential buyers of this seller’s packaging practices.

If a previous buyer had done this, you may have been able to avoid this situation yourself.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I saw a lady at the post office putting a glass framed photo straight into a thin yellow envelope. A lot of people are just completely oblivious to what these items endure in the shipping process. I think they just assume the the Post Office does this all the time, in all types of weather, so they must have some system in place to avoid damage.
Post 15 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator What size is that box? I am looking for a better box to ship slabs in. Thanks
Post 16 IP   flag post
D'Oh!
Post 17 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
@Scifinator What size is that box? I am looking for a better box to ship slabs in. Thanks

I guess it depends on how you ship but the USPS medium size flat rate box has worked perfectly for me when sending slabbed books. If you need more space the Large flat rate box should work great and you don't have to worry about weight and they're free from the post office and and and, they you can arrange for them to be picked up from your home or work.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@MutantMania The one from above is 14 x 11 x 3 and is about $26 per bundle of 25 on Ebay or Amazon. The ebay item # is 113895158745. They have variations in the dimensions.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector hitmantyler private msg quote post Address this user
I only just recently order a comic from eBay and the seller shipping in a Gemini mailer, bag and boarded, extra cardboard, lots of tape and came in perfect condition.

Think the problem with ebay is the seller a comic collector that understands comics or just in to make money. I always talk to people at conventions when a signing is happening or such and some are complete clueless about the person or comic. I even had one say "I will probably get alot of money for this, right"?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a first for me.... book was packaging taped so much to the cardboard that the safest way to free it was to exacto the bag and slide it out the top....masking tape, people!!!!

Cardboard top and bottom were also air tight sealed with packaging tape...

Post 21 IP   flag post
600840 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?