Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Last Star Wars movie theory10509

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Could the new Star Wars movie be taking us to a new idea on the Force? Maybe we will learn that there is a good side and a bad side but that a “Skywalker” will be able to master both sides of the Force ending the need for the Jedi and the Sith. (I mean Rey being able to do it).

I’m more than likely wrong but for some reason I keep thinking that’s where this all leads.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Could the new Star Wars movie be taking us to a new idea on the Force? Maybe we will learn that there is a good side and a bad side but that a “Skywalker” will be able to master both sides of the Force ending the need for the Jedi and the Sith. (I mean Rey being able to do it).

I’m more than likely wrong but for some reason I keep thinking that’s where this all leads.

Interesting thoughts.

I think maybe the movie has Kylo turn good, and Rey turn bad. Kylo is technically a Skywalker, so maybe it works that way.

Plus, this new trilogy has had Kylo being kind of the reverse Luke in ways.

I'll be surprised regardless what happens, but I always enjoy talking Star Wars with fellow fans!
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Jabberwookie Your ideas would be an interesting conclusion too. My theory is based upon the prophecy that a chosen one would bring balance to the Force. If Rey masters both sides the she is the chosen one and not Vader/Anakin. That’s what I think the twist at the end reveals.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater

Great Theory I’ll enjoy it no matter what happens.
I just want them to make a PG-13 or better yet “R” rated Vader
Movie.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater Excellent theory! That’s how it SHOULD be at least 👌🏻
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Gotlift The scene at the end of Rogue One was impressive. I'd like to see more on Vader and how he used the Force but where can you go with it? The guy was totally evil. What he'd be doing with the Force would like watching a Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie as he'd just be killing people with impunity and in horrible ways. That isn't something I'd be up to sit through for 90+ minutes.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Gotlift The scene at the end of Rogue One was impressive. I'd like to see more on Vader and how he used the Force but where can you go with it? The guy was totally evil. What he'd be doing with the Force would like watching a Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie as he'd just be killing people with impunity and in horrible ways. That isn't something I'd be up to sit through for 90+ minutes.

90 minutes no.....but a 3 season Disney + series????
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

90 minutes no.....but a 3 season Disney + series????

Yeah but done right it would probably have to be done on Hulu as they are trying to keep D+ pg13
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:

This concept was already explores at least in the expanded universe. Not sure if it is still canon, but there were gray jedis that walked the line between light and dark.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYoung_1974
Quote:

This concept was already explores at least in the expanded universe. Not sure if it is still canon, but there were gray jedis that walked the line between light and dark.

I did not know that. Did the gray jedi master both sides or just kind of use both sides?
Post 10 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds awful.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I’d rather Kylo be eliminated in 9. He killed Han.

The concepts regarding the Force would be interesting.

Sadly, if the leaks out there for the plot for 9 are correct, it’s gonna be a major disappointment for us all. I hope all the reshoots they’re doing are an indication that they’ve changed course.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Sounds awful.

Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYoung_1974
Quote:

I did not know that. Did the gray jedi master both sides or just kind of use both sides?

Here's the wookiepedia article on it.

Wookiepedia article

I believe that they could just use dark side powers without fully sucumbing to the dark side.
Post 14 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Sounds awful.

LOL.

I just think we need better, and not different, storytelling. A focus on the characters and what they're doing, themselves, rather than changing some sort of outlook on the Darkseid vs Light Side.

I'm continually lowering expectations. From George Lucas being brought in, to the old writers getting credits, etc. It's all making me expect low and hope for high.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I’d rather Kylo be eliminated in 9. He killed Han.

The concepts regarding the Force would be interesting.

Sadly, if the leaks out there for the plot for 9 are correct, it’s gonna be a major disappointment for us all. I hope all the reshoots they’re doing are an indication that they’ve changed course.

If the leaks are correct about who Rey's grandfather are true then I'm not understanding the title of the movie.
Post 16 IP   flag post
600762 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?