Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

NFL Week 11 Thread & Picks10488

Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
I think the race card is the only card Garrett has in his hand in this situation. What happened is indefensible and inexcusable. I don’t know if a permanent ban is forthcoming, but at the very, very least he will be suspended for the rest of the year, maybe even into next season. Also, I agree that there are grounds for legal action to be taken here.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Per ESPN, Garrett has been suspended indefinitely, Ogunjobi one game, and Pouncey for three games.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Per ESPN, Garrett has been suspended indefinitely, Ogunjobi one game, and Pouncey for three games.

I think Pouncey is going to appeal, maybe get it down to 2 games.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Steven A. Smith (NFL analyst) is spewing that the discipline will be harsher on Myles Garrett because he is black. Steven A - always bringing racism into the mix.

Well of course he is. It's easier to spew HIS hate than to research similar incidents. I find it very convenient that he forgets Marty McSorley, and the fact that he is not black. But I guess that means it isn't the same thing.
For Steven A. Smith.

If Nick Bosa did it Russell Wilson, I'd be just as disgusted.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
While I was watching this unfortunate series of events. For whatever reason my mind wondered back to when the Seahawks played Cincinnati in the playoffs years ago. When a fan did something (don't even remember what it was) Sam Wyche took the PA and announced to the stadium (paraphrasing) "we don't behave like that, this isn't Cleveland".
Post 30 IP   flag post

Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
"Will the next person who sees ANYBODY throw anything onto this field point them out- We'll get them outta here... YOU DON'T LIVE IN CLEVELAND, YOU LIVE IN CINCINATTI!!"
Post 31 IP   flag post
I forgot to add; fans were throwing snow and ice on the field at Houston (iirc) Players. The Cleveland reference was to Browns fans throwing beer bottles into the Dog Pound.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck guys. I think the Jaguars/Colts game is a hard one to pick this week. Mike, enjoy Ford Field.
Post 33 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Late with my picks but I did anticipate Pittsburg to win last Thursday.

And yes, I'm picking Philly over New England today.

Post 34 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O When NO brought Brees back in, you said this move might haunt them! You just may be right about that,.. and it appears you and I are the only ones picking TB to take the game today.
Post 35 IP   flag post

Post 36 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp I picked Dallas but rooting for Detroit.
Post 37 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder me too!
Post 38 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
The Vikings are totally killing themselves.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Detroit is giving Dallas a huge helping hand as they (DET) are not a team that can recover from penalties.
Post 40 IP   flag post
How about those Vikings!
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
How about those Vikings!

WOW... what a comeback!
Post 42 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
My oxygen meter kept beeping at me those last few plays because I kept holding my breath as soon as the ball was snapped!! LOL And don’t be concerned, the thing goes off quite often for me.

SKOL!!
Post 43 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
0-10 baby!
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips @Studley_Dudley

Looks like the 3 of us are sitting at 11 correct - there are a few people at 10, but none of which have the Chargers to win.

Good luck tonight!!
Down to points, again.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
@BrianGreensnips @Studley_Dudley

Looks like the 3 of us are sitting at 11 correct - there are a few people at 10, but none of which have the Chargers to win.

Good luck tonight!!

Thanks for tallying it up comic book man.
Down to points, again.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Did I win?
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Did I win?
Yes.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
Did I win?
Yes.
yippee!
Post 49 IP   flag post
597893 49 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?