Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector BradT private msg quote post Address this user

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with authentic Kirby signatures? Hoping to get a few opinions on this and if it's legit. I have compared to multiple examples online and for the most part I can't find a problem with it but I'm certainly no expert. Any thoughts would be welcomed!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like the others ive seen. I have only seen his signature on the bottom of the splash page, which is where its at. Id love a kirby sig to add to my collection, but cant afford it. A true legend. Congrats!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Mugroantics private msg quote post Address this user
Only the Red Label will tell....
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Steve Borock hired Spider-Man to verify all signatures, his spidey sense tingles at forgery. This is why VSP labels are red.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Mugroantics private msg quote post Address this user
Love the "behind the scenes" scoop!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS VSP verified this Kirby sig in one of my Kamandi #1's.
Your sig looks shakier, but that could simply mean it was signed late in Kirby's life.

Hope this helps.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector InfoMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Your sig looks shakier, but that could simply mean it was signed late in Kirby's life.

Hope this helps.

Can VSP tell if the sig was made by Roz?
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Here's an example on my Fantastic Four #62. Looks a little shaky too.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector ScaryTales private msg quote post Address this user
Does anybody have any opinions about Dark Adventure Comics? As you will see below, that's who I bought my Kirby signature from in 1997. They are still in business (online) and have awesome eBay feedback. I was just wondering if anybody had any insight into the validity of these signatures? Thanks.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector jmck965 private msg quote post Address this user
I heard Kirby always signed the 1st page because he didn't want to sign across the cover art.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Looks probably legit to me. I’m with Mr Sigs; it’s a bit shaky but he may have signed it later when his health had worsened. What’s the book?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS

Hope this helps.

Can VSP tell if the sig was made by Roz?

LOL Well, obviously I hope so.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
The K looks consistent with what I have seen and what I have in my collection as well. Kirby mostly signed the first page in a fine tip sharpie or ball point pen however I have seen four examples of Kirby signing on the cover.

This is one of mine.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector stophmaster private msg quote post Address this user
Looks legit to me. The thing with his signatures is that his wife signed for him quite a bit. That said, yours looks like the real deal, but only way to know for sure is to submit it. Hope it turns out!

Here is my authenticated Kirby sig (along with Stan Lee :-)) on X-Men 6. And like yours and the others, it's signed on the bottom of the splash.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector GenericName private msg quote post Address this user
I've always wondered if I had a Roz. What do you think guys?

Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
A “Roz”? Where is this idea coming from? I consume pretty much everything available about Kirby and don’t recall reading about her signing in his stead. The vast majority of anything he signed was done in person; there wasn’t a mail-order operation. Based on the minimal inking she did on his work, I don’t think she had a skilled enough hand to mimic his handwriting either.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector BradT private msg quote post Address this user
I think my concern was with the J initially. Most of the examples I found looked a little more squared off as in the pictures here but after more digging it appears he varied with a more circular start. I'll post examples. The bottom is the sig in question.

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmck965
I heard Kirby always signed the 1st page because he didn't want to sign across the cover art.

.. here's my Kirby signed across the cover ..

Post 19 IP   flag post
600686 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?