Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Need CGC Grader's Notes10285

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Can anyone help me out? I no longer have a CGC account and I'm curious about what the grader's notes say for one particular book. The CGC number is 0213256008.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
It costs $5.00 for graders notes. You can purchase with a defunct account. The only notes you get "free" for being a member are for your submissions.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Zordar private msg quote post Address this user
You don't need a cgc account. Just plug in the cgc number on the "Verify CGC Certification" page then click "Get Grader Notes for $5" It will be $5 to anyone, even if they have a cgc account.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
a constant reminder of why CGC is evil!!!!

I wonder how much added revenue they get from graders notes?
Performed the first service - grade and slab the book, notes done as part of that and that fee is what they would base all their profit analysis on.

The $5 is just a greedy money grab every time someone wants to check - I mean potentially they could get more in $5 fees than the original grading fee on a book depending how many people check each time a that book changes hands!!!!!

Dick move CGC

That being said I will likely have to submit to them next year for some magazine size books
Post 4 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, all.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Also be aware that not all CGC books have grader’s notes. I have some CGC books that were graded like 6 years ago and the CGC Verification page says the Grader’s notes are coming soon
Post 6 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Also be aware that not all CGC books have grader’s notes. I have some CGC books that were graded like 6 years ago and the CGC Verification page says the Grader’s notes are coming soon

Yes, but if you pay for the grader notes and there are no notes, there is no charge.

I have long wondered if they would make more money selling grader notes for just $1, instead of $5. I would never pay five bucks for them, because it's such a blatant money-grab and ripoff. But $1? I could see doing that quite often. Or even less.

What they should really do it make it super easy to buy "credits" with your account, and click through on the grader notes with very little effort. Say, 20 sets of notes for $5 or $10, something like that. Maybe even more for higher dollar amounts. Then you just use them whenever you want. I bet that would do very well for them, if the webpage operation was simple and robust enough.
Post 7 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
a constant reminder of why CGC is evil!!!!

I wonder how much added revenue they get from graders notes?
Performed the first service - grade and slab the book, notes done as part of that and that fee is what they would base all their profit analysis on.

The $5 is just a greedy money grab every time someone wants to check - I mean potentially they could get more in $5 fees than the original grading fee on a book depending how many people check each time a that book changes hands!!!!!

Dick move CGC

That being said I will likely have to submit to them next year for some magazine size books

especially since retrieval of those graders notes involve zero human involvement on CGCs part.
Post 8 IP   flag post
It bothers me you don't keep access to the notes, permanently...you pay for temporary access and need to screenshot the notes if you want to keep them.
Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
EDIT: My mistake. CGC Graders Notes ARE available to you if you are the submitter.

Others have to pay if they want to see it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
It bothers me you don't keep access to the notes, permanently...you pay for temporary access and need to screenshot the notes if you want to keep them.

I thought you could look up your own through your account dashboard. It's been a while since I've done it, but you may just need an invoice number.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

At least your notes will be free lol
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

I thought you could look up your own through your account dashboard. It's been a while since I've done it, but you may just need an invoice number.

I cannot see any notes for any of my submissions if I do not have an active account. It's a $5.00 charge even for my own submissions. They do have a $20.00 tier that...I'm assuming, would allow you to see your own submissions again. But, I cannot access the notes for ones I paid for. It was limited to like a week access or something. I can get into my submissions and see the individual books, but no access to notes.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a weird thing. Lately they have been moving away from grader notes even for 9.6's and 9.4's. Certainly, they are trying to make them the exception and not the rule. My last submission - all new comics - I did a 9.8 prescreen and had three rejects. The rest, there were 21 9.8's and exactly one 9.9.

Here's the weird part. ONLY the 9.9 had grader notes. "tiniest imperfection left bottom of back cover"

I guess they thought it was so close to a 10.0 gem mint, they felt they should tell me why it wasn't.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
To get notes for my 181, it was $10. Notes vary due to the comic?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing

Varies depending on what tier it was submitted under
Post 16 IP   flag post
I have an active cgc account and I can see, a now fulfilled submission, graders notes.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing

Varies depending on what tier it was submitted under

Really? doesn't surprise me....that kinda sucks.
Post 18 IP   flag post
598060 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?