Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Week #1 winner was @michaelekrupp.
Week #2 was tied between @michaelekrupp and @PhantomEwan.
Week #3 winner was @Pre_Coder
Week #4 winner was @michaelekrupp with the tiebreaker (4 way tie)
Week #5 winner was @PhantomEwan with the tiebreaker over @flanders
Week #6 winner was @PhantomEwan

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Still steaming over last nights game. Watching the TV replay right now. I don’t know what the league needs to do to fix the officiating problem but it is clearly something that needs to be addressed. Not only in this game, but seemingly every week in the NFL games are being profoundly influenced by questionable officiating. In addition to the multiple dubious calls in the fourth quarter, there were bad calls in the first half that extended Green Bay drives. On one play Jimmy Graham slipped and fell and there was a holding call against the Lions. A personal foul was called against the Lions for a helmet to helmet hit when the contact was clearly initiated by the receiver. If anything, the offense should have been called for a helmet to helmet hit.🤯😡🤬 I will eventually get over this game, but for now I am still pretty pissed off.😠 😤 Thanks for letting me vent here, saving me the cost of therapy. Hopefully this week will go better🙂.

Post 2 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Minnesota / Detroit - Detroit is pissed after losing to the Green Bay Referees and will take their frustrations out on Minnesota.

Oakland / Green Bay (and Refs) - We already know the outcome on this one.

San Francisco / Washington - I predict SF will beat my Redskins by 24 points. 41-17

Philadelphia / Dallas - Dallas is favored by 3 points but I'm going to gamble and give the 3 points to Philly.

Post 3 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp what is your total points for Monday night?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Sorry, I seem to have a problem remembering to fill that in. I will go with 44 points.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
LOL
This love affair the Night game networks have with the Patriots has got SO bad, they schedule almost SURE wins.
At least it isn't Michaels and Colinsworth gushing over "Tom". GO JETS!!
Ever notice the disappointment in their voices when their clear choice is losing?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Another tough week. Only 3 games with spreads of over 3.5 points. Two games are pickem and another is 1 point. Survivor pick is Buffalo (at home vs Miami). 31 of 73 remain in survivor pool.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
LOL
This love affair the Night game networks have with the Patriots has got SO bad, they schedule almost SURE wins.
At least it isn't Michaels and Colinsworth gushing over "Tom". GO JETS!!
Ever notice the disappointment in their voices when their clear choice is losing?

No kidding... It's hilarious!

My total points for Monday night is 51....
Patriots - 41
Jets - 10

I think the Jets are going to play smash-mouth football considering it's Monday, and they just embarrassed the Cowboys. But alas not enough to outshine the Patriots megalomania.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O I'm going for the win this week.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@comic_book_man don't hold back man!! Go for the "W"!!!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 11 IP   flag post

Post 12 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Going with a lower total score:

NE - 24
JETS -13

First week I haven't looked at any point spreads, went with my gut, so chances are I'll have the lowest total wins this week.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I'll try to get my picks in today when I get to a desktop. If I don't, I'm taking KC tonight for a rebound in Denver. Denver shouldn't have the firepower to win a shootout but I definitely think that the Broncos' defense can make life interesting for the Chiefs.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 15 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I dont have time until after work to get my full picks in - but I can get it in tonight. Is that OK?

Tonight I take the Chiefs to win.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@comic_book_man I'd say as long as someone calls the Thursday game before it happens, that they can take until Sunday morning to do the rest. As long as the picks are posted before game time, I don't see any problem.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O saweeeeeet
Post 18 IP   flag post
Just watched something interesting on the NFL app. They are forecasting that Minnesota has a 43% chance of making the playoffs. Not even 50-50?!? The Lions’ chance is 35% according to them. To add insult to idiocy, they have the Bears well ahead of both of them at something like 56%. Where do they come up with this stuff? These so-called experts just slay me!🤣

Oh, and in the anything is possible dept., they gave the Bengals and Redskins each a 1% chance
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
I'll try to get my picks in today when I get to a desktop. If I don't, I'm taking KC tonight for a rebound in Denver. Denver shouldn't have the firepower to win a shootout but I definitely think that the Broncos' defense can make life interesting for the Chiefs.
wait....KC still has a team?who knew
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I must have been living under a rock. Here are my Pick'ems for week 7. I was not aware this was happening.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips Welcome to the fun! I am a firm believer in beginners luck, so I am going to make a bold prediction that you will win this week.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp Thanks Mike. Sorry to see that happen to your Lions last week.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Thanks. I’m over it (finally).
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
Thanks. I’m over it (finally).

At least you're on a winning team. My Redskins are gonna suck all season... and next season... and next season... and...
Post 25 IP   flag post
Well, Denver didn't show up tonight... even in their own stadium.

What happened to (KC) Mahomie?... I missed it.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
He may have dislocated his knee during a QB sneak/TD play.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
He may have dislocated his knee during a QB sneak/TD play.

OUCH!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Listening to the radio on the way home tonight they were speculating the best case scenario is out 3 weeks and the worst is out for the year.
Post 29 IP   flag post

GUARANTEED WIN!
Post 30 IP   flag post
601274 61 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?