Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Cowboys - 37
Eagles - 10

I think it's safe to say that Doug Pederson (Philly coach) is mostly to blame for this debacle. His public comment, "WE ARE going to Dallas and WE ARE going to win that game!", fired up and motivated the opposing team. Congratulations, Doug,.. you are truly a coaches coach. LOL
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
I really expected more out of Philly last night. That loss really dealt their playoff hopes a serious blow. It will be interesting to see if they can recover. They certainly have the personnel. It is the coaches’ job to get ‘em ready to play and they have failed spectacularly in that the last couple weeks.

Speaking of damaging losses, the Lions suffered a serious setback this week as well. Their situation is far from hopeless but I am concerned because, probably for the first time this year, they were outplayed this week. At least they have the Giants coming up next week. The game plan that Minnesota used, mainly misdirection and play action, is not likely to work for New York because they can’t block anybody. They do have some weapons so I expect an entertaining game, but I do expect the Lions to bounce back and get a W next week.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Cowboys - 37
Eagles - 10

I think it's safe to say that Doug Pederson (Philly coach) is mostly to blame for this debacle. His public comment, "WE ARE going to Dallas and WE ARE going to win that game!", fired up and motivated the opposing team. Congratulations, Doug,.. you are truly a coaches coach. LOL

No kidding- Tell this to YOUR team, not theirs LOL

I forgot you're a 'Skins fan- Sorry 'bout that. It looked like they put all their planning into their first drive- I thought they were going to score on that one.

The game had plenty to offer from a Defensive standpoint. That Nick Bosa was a Home Run on Draft Day!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Ok guys, I'm under the weather tonight. I doubt I will make it to the end of the game. If someone can do an "official" count tonight, I'd appreciate it. I'll post next week's card in a new thread now. Here is this weeks done up to tonight.

Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O I'll save you the trouble - I win with 11 total.
Post 55 IP   flag post

For the official record, here is what I came up with:

@Studley_Dudley 7 wins
@flanders, @michaelekrupp 8 wins
@Jesse_O, @Lonestar 9 wins
@Pre_Coder, @BrianGreensnips 10 wins @PhantomEwan 10 wins
@comic_book_man 11 wins

It occurs to me that it would be interesting to see who called the most correct at the end of the season.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Week 7 random observations and thoughts:

1. Chiefs will be OK if Mahomes is out for a limited amount of time, because the rest of the AFC West sucks.
2. There are several teams that I just can't figure out how they are going to play from week to week. The Rams are one of them.
3. This be the best Bills team since their super bowl teams...and I can't name anyone on the Bills!
4. That was the third good/great game in a row for Kirk Cousins. He'll make it four in a row since the Vikes are playing the Redskins this week.
5. In case you thought otherwise, Aaron Rodgers is still good, especially at Lambeau.
6. Who is a bigger surprise, Jacoby Brissett or Teddy Bridgewater? I thought both would be competent, but average at best. Both are playing great.
7. How are the Cardinals .500?
8. The Eagles look to be in trouble and they may implode. Bold prediction, the Eagles lose their next 4 games.
Post 57 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp Thanks for everyone's totals. I was thinking it might be fun to total them up at the end of the year also.

@Lonestar 1-3 agreed. 4 - agreed and he seems to be getting more confident with each game. 5 - LOL 6 - Brissett. I knew Bridgewater would be good. 7 - no idea 8 - very bold prediction!!! Their 5th game is against Miami, we better wait to call that one!!! LOL!!!
Post 58 IP   flag post
@comic_book_man congrats!!!!!
Post 59 IP   flag post
@Lonestar I agree that the Chiefs will be fine, especially since it looks like Mahomes will be back sooner than later. I am a little bummed that both Green Bay and Minnesota will get a pass on playing against him.
The Bills have a great defense, I am not sold on their offense yet. They seem to be in the mold of those old Saints teams of the early’90s, which had one of the all time great defenses but couldn’t generate enough offense for playoff success.
For me, Jacoby Brissett is the bigger surprise. Bridgewater will deservedly be a starter somewhere next year.
The Cardinals are .500 because they’ve beaten the Falcons, Bengals and Giants.
I still think the Eagles can turn it around. This week will be very telling. Talk about a must win! If they lose again it could very well spiral out of control.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@comic_book_man congrats!!!!!

Thanks! Think a back to back victory is possible?

@Lonestar all great questions!! sometimes I get so caught up in numbers that seeing interpretations based on intangibles makes me feel warm inside.

Ravens, Texans, and Jags are under rated teams this year IMO. I liked the Bears/Chargers but they are quickly spiraling into no mans land.

People forget that even if the Patriots have a perfect season and even if they still had Antonio Brown that it doesnt mean they'll win the superbowl.
Post 61 IP   flag post
598059 61 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?