Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if you are keeping up with the news coming out of DC about their 5G plan and what that means for a shake-up in their universe.

clickable text

"...characters like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman and maybe others will cede their mantles to replacements, some of which will be surprising (Batman, for example, will be replaced by Luke Fox, rather than a Robin, a Batgirl, an Orphan, etc.)."

If that is the case how long will it be before Batwing 19, Luke Fox's first appearance, goes up in price? Anyone know who is replacing Wonder Woman?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
sorry...too jaded to believe this won't just reset in a year or two or in DC language 52 weeks or maybe 104??

Will this get a Presidential veto since I assume Huawei is somehow involved with 5G?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I would think it would depend on if sales are there. That being said will the make a Batman movie that does not have Bruce Wayne as Batman? That might be a really interesting movie as it has almost no history that it has to be indebted if it isn't Robin, or Batgirl.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I don't like the idea of changing the OG's. Take away the originals and the historical recognition of the characters is all thrown out the window. Noncollectors that would go see movies that were comic-related at least had a working knowledge of them. If all the time travel and parallel universes weren't enough to confuse people, this sure will. I also don't think that if they fully dive into this, it won't be looked at as a jump on point bet rather a desperate attempt to publish an overabundance of uninteresting titles. This IMO is not a smart way to bring readers back. It will just convolute continuity to the point of just being a big old cluster pluck.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Reminds me of the overused lines in a movie trailer... "this will change everything you know."

Okay... I'll skip it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
if readers is what they want they need to blow up the specialty comic shop model.

Can either sell fewer books at larger prices or try and sell more books at a lower price.

Drop books to $2 say..and put them in dollar stores (at least around my area there are 2 or 3 per town!! vs 1 or 2 comic shops in larger cities - 120k pop- and nothing in small towns - 50k or less) where they become an impulse buy to keep your kid happy or your kid can....heaven forbid...spend their own money

Unless you could talk your parent into a 30 minute or more drive there is nothing around me and then only 1 or 2 comic shops. News stand was the past but it is probably the best bet at a future too!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
...how long will it be before Batwing 19, Luke Fox's first appearance, goes up in price?

Have you checked Ebay lately? It already has!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBatmanFan
Quote:
...how long will it be before Batwing 19, Luke Fox's first appearance, goes up in price?

Been hovering over $50 for a couple months now...first Luke fox as Batman is $15-$20 (Batwing 20).

I’d rather see a movie about Batman Beyond than a “new” Batman...and I’d rather see Damien take the cowl...much more interesting character than the other robins.

After 80yrs and some meh movies, I’m ok if they want to try something different.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Cool, another reason to reduce my dc pull list.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
They didn't learn way back when with Crisis on Infinite Earths, they didn't learn when they monkeyed with the characters during the new 52, they had something going with Rebirth and they are set to throw it all away again.

They can couch it however they want, but there is no "mantle" to be passed. Clark Kent is Superman, Bruce Wayne is Batman, Diana is Wonder Woman. I quit collecting once I saw where the new 52 was going, couldn't stand it and Marvel had nothing for me. I came back once I heard about Rebirth and have been pleased with characters and story arcs.

If this is truly what the 5G is going to be, I'm out! I will just go back to finishing out the runs of the books I love.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Replace the people? Replace thr buyers. It will be worse than the new52 debacle.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I had recently just started following Green Lantern again because of the Grant Morrison writing, so far it has been ok...interesting enough to keep following it but if they blow it all up again I am for sure out.

Actually...writing this I've decided to pull the plug on GL tomorrow at my LCS.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I had recently just started following Green Lantern again because of the Grant Morrison writing, so far it has been ok...interesting enough to keep following it but if they blow it all up again I am for sure out.

Actually...writing this I've decided to pull the plug on GL tomorrow at my LCS.

#12 that dropped October 2 is actually the last issue (for now?) of The Green Lantern. It's replaced by Green Lantern: Blackstars for November.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@KCBatmanFan ha!!! guess they ended it with me before i could with them!! Hate being on the wrong side of a breakup
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics to keep my Seinfeld theme going...

I can't believe they are giving you the, "It's not you, it's me".
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
And that ended my GL stuff...Hal a blackstar? No GLs at all? Morrison is off the rails, again. Dropping Action Comics again, over that HORRENDOUS JR Jr/Janson art coming up. Likely dropping others before 5G even ramps up, but trying to wait and show direct displeasure.
Post 16 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
5G? like the phone network?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector chirock private msg quote post Address this user
Tom King screwed up Batman so bad, they have to revamp to whole universe just to have bring back a real Batman in a couple years.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBatmanFan
Quote:

Been hovering over $50 for a couple months now...first Luke fox as Batman is $15-$20 (Batwing 20).

I went and looked for the book. There were 10 or 12 for sale. Spawn Gold and Silver (500/1500 print runs), TMNT 95, and spider-Man Unlimited #1 have large amounts available I have to wonder the print run on that Batwing 19 was when it came out? For a $50.00 book there aren’t a lot for sale on eBay.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Comichron estimates 12,595 copies of Batwing 19 shipped to stores.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Welp...
I've been waiting for a final excuse to get out of DC I quit at new 52, came back at rebirth, I think this one is gonna be it
Post 21 IP   flag post
600902 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?