Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I swore no more comics, then this happened. PaulPop private msg quote post Address this user
Does this guy seem overly optimistic?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Comic-Cgc-Strange-Tales-138-9-8-Only-2-1st-Appearance-Of-Eternity/233358956225?_trkparms=aid%3D333200%26algo%3DCOMP.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D40719%26meid%3D1324b4c023c84199b5de8b8c9aa83dbd%26pid%3D100275%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D143396433346%26itm%3D233358956225%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2060778&_trksid=p2060778.c100275.m3474
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
Hah! Just a little.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
slightly
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@PaulPop you know, there are a lot of people out there with money who spend without thinking - that's what he's banking on.

Definitely overpriced.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I swore no more comics, then this happened. PaulPop private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
there are a lot of people out there with money who spend without thinking - that's what he's banking on.

Absolutely true. We see it on Craigslist every day too. You can always ask any price, you never know.
Post 7 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, $70,000 is a little steep for a non-key filler issue of Strange Tales, even if it is one of two 9.8s. He could lose TWO zeros and still be overpriced.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I do agree with the seller in one respect...I would like $70,000 for each of my books as well.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'd be willing to bet that he is married and that he told his wife that he buys comics as an investment and lists the major ones for sale on eBay. I imagine he is trying to keep the peace, but he better hope she never sees this listing! LOL!!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
It says it's the first appearance of Eternity. Eternity would be priceless. It encompasses everything. That price is a steal.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I'd be willing to bet that he is married and that he told his wife that he buys comics as an investment and lists the major ones for sale on eBay. I imagine he is trying to keep the peace, but he better hope she never sees this listing! LOL!!!

If you have to lie to your spouse in order to collect comic books, then maybe you need a new spouse.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

If you have to lie to your spouse in order to collect comic books, then maybe you need a new spouse.

Or aren’t mature enough to have a spouse.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I spent $300 on comics today and my girlfriend asked if I wanted her to pay for them. I said "no". That kind of attitude is worth more than the money.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I tend to agree with you. But despite the fact that I never lied to my wife, she is now my ex. So I make no judgement calls on these things!!! LOL!!!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I tend to agree with you. But despite the fact that I never lied to my wife, she is now my ex. So I make no judgement calls on these things!!! LOL!!!

I said comic books. You lie your ass off about the other stuff.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
It says it's the first appearance of Eternity. Eternity would be priceless. It encompasses everything. That price is a steal.

Lol
Post 17 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
There is the option to make an offer so there is hope
Post 18 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
His 14 listings total $155,000...or make offer!

Actually this particular book has, in recent years, become a little more than an in-line filler. I guess Eternity is a character from the Dr. Strange story line and there is some speculation regarding that character? Years ago when I was collecting Nick Fury books I bought 5 un-circulated copies from Koch Bros for about $25 bucks each without knowing there was a first appearance. I stupidly had most graded by PGX and never had them pressed. They graded 8.5-9.2, I just traded my last copy (8.5), a CBCS Raw Grade, to a dealer for a Flash 117 raw 6.5.
Post 19 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
My wife said she’ll f***ing kill me if I try to sell any of my books. She’s a red head with three pistols and a semi auto 12g shotgun. I believe her.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@JustThatGuy you picked a keeper, congrats
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
My copy is ungraded, but I expect it's a solid 9.2, maybe 9.4. If anyone wants to pay me $20,000 for the thing, PM me.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller

Actually this particular book has, in recent years, become a little more than an in-line filler. I guess Eternity is a character from the Dr. Strange story line and there is some speculation regarding that character? Years ago when I was collecting Nick Fury books I bought 5 un-circulated copies from Koch Bros for about $25 bucks each without knowing there was a first appearance. I stupidly had most graded by PGX and never had them pressed. They graded 8.5-9.2, I just traded my last copy (8.5), a CBCS Raw Grade, toQuote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller

Actually this particular book has, in recent years, become a little more than an in-line filler. I guess Eternity is a character from the Dr. Strange story line and there is some speculation regarding that character? Years ago when I was collecting Nick Fury books I bought 5 un-circulated copies from Koch Bros for about $25 bucks each without knowing there was a first appearance. I stupidly had most graded by PGX and never had them pressed. They graded 8.5-9.2, I just traded my last copy (8.5), a CBCS Raw Grade, to a dealer for a Flash 117 raw 6.5.
I tend to hoard copies of this one...I just like the book. It is the introduction of a still minor role character placing it as a minor key but nothing earth shaking.

GPA cites the last 9.8 sale for around five years ago at 850 but a 9.6 sold in April for 1500.

My gut feeling is that as the book moves up in value more people will submit copies and there will be more higher tier grades assigned as well.With only 408 copies in the census, there are bound to be many more that emerge.

MCS offers a fine+ copy at 90 and a Fine at 195 although both are consignment books. I remember a few years ago buying multiple copies for low twentish figures.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
Quit being so negative... Look at the upside
If you do in fact , Take complete leave of your sense and spend the $70,000
Your earn 100 eBay bucks O-o
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector gmellos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPop
Does this guy seem overly optimistic?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Comic-Cgc-Strange-Tales-138-9-8-Only-2-1st-Appearance-Of-Eternity/233358956225?_trkparms=aid%3D333200%26algo%3DCOMP.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D40719%26meid%3D1324b4c023c84199b5de8b8c9aa83dbd%26pid%3D100275%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D143396433346%26itm%3D233358956225%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2060778&_trksid=p2060778.c100275.m3474

Make a legit Overstreet offer
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
My wife said she’ll f***ing kill me if I try to sell any of my books. She’s a red head with three pistols and a semi auto 12g shotgun. I believe her.

It sounds like you're the wife - if we follow masculine stereotypes.
She's the family protector and you're off buying "shoes" ie "comics.
Hehehe
Post 26 IP   flag post
@JustThatGuy is your wife Reba from Tremors?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
did no one notice the shipping charge? it better be in a solid silver padded box.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by donho
did no one notice the shipping charge?
I really didn't. That's the icing on the cake for this ad.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Ambush_Bug private msg quote post Address this user
That's going to take an ETERNITY to sell!!
Post 30 IP   flag post
601333 34 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?