CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeMemorabiliaMovies TelevisionQuestions

Rob Liefeld to Sue Marvel?10233

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user

Now what's is he going on about?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
He's a clown, but people keep buying his work for some odd reason. I think he's gotten worse at drawing over the years. Good luck to him in this future endeavor.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robliefeld
Time to hold some feet to the fire for some shady practices over at @Marvel.

Rob Liefeld can't even draw feet. He's the one who should be sued.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder Haha
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
What is he suing for?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@JLA555 I don't know, it doesn't tell us.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector classicaaron private msg quote post Address this user
dudes a joke and just needs to go away. can we all make a pact to just ignore him so he has no option but to fade away.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
@classicaaron I don't follow him so I'm good with that.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Seeing that he tagged Iger, could it be Deadpool related...maybe he's trying to take a page out of the Sony playbook and renegotiate the Deadpool deal?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I have no respect for an artist in the industry who cannot draw anatomy competently & threatens to sue anyone!

Has Liefeld ever apologized for this?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb

Wait a second. Are you saying Rob's version of Captain America doesn't look as good as this one? Haha

Post 11 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Gwenpool probably
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
I have no respect for an artist in the industry who cannot draw anatomy competently & threatens to sue anyone!

Every time I see this I'm just astounded that a "professional" artist would sign his name to something that grotesque.

From what I understand he supposedly used one of Arnold's body building pics as a reference (side chest pose aka right bicep flexed, left hand grabbing right wrist with torso turned and pecs flexed for those non-bodybuilding aficionados) The fact that he failed so badly trying to translate a picture he was looking at just makes me shake my head all the more.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe this has to do with that reprint of New Mutants 98 he was all pissed about...
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector gmellos private msg quote post Address this user
Rob Leifled was a UNTALENTED HACK in 1990s and he is a untalented HACK in 2019! I am ashamed to say I did buy the first few issues of youngblood back when Image first came out but I was a young stupid Image fanboy. I quickly stopped buying those books after I couldn't take spending of my min wage earned cash on that CRAP!

ANyone who buys that untalented plagiarizing hack's work should get their head checked out!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYoung_1974

From what I understand he supposedly used one of Arnold's body building pics as a reference (side chest pose aka right bicep flexed, left hand grabbing right wrist with torso turned and pecs flexed for those non-bodybuilding aficionados) The fact that he failed so badly trying to translate a picture he was looking at just makes me shake my head all the more.

Post 16 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
For everyone saying he can't draw feet, he did six of them on this cover. Artwork on this one isn't bad at all.

Post 17 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
now, now, people....we can't blame Rob for this.
As long as people keep throwing large amounts of cash at you for doing something I suggest you keep doing it - no matter how good or bad people say you are at it - until they stop throwing cash at you!!!
Then and only then should you maybe try doing something differently.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
For everyone saying he can't draw feet, he did six of them on this cover. Artwork on this one isn't bad at all.

lol
Post 19 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if people buy his stuff as a joke to rag on him. Major X should never have gone to a first printing, let alone a 3rd or whatever it went to. Clearly, people are buying all his work for some reason. I admit X-Force used to look kinda cool back in the day when I was a kid. When I turned 13, I started wearing glasses. Same thing with some of his New Mutants work. I think Todd ghosted some of those covers which is why they looked good. I digress. If I didn't go for the full runs of X-Force or New Mutants, I doubt I would have any of his stuff.

On the other hand, my friend really likes Liefeld and considers him a phenomenal artist who gets unfairly crapped on. I've recommended he start taking drugs to clear his mind.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

On the other hand, my friend really likes Liefeld and considers him a phenomenal artist who gets unfairly crapped on. I've recommended he start taking drugs to clear his mind.

Or get glasses.

Post 21 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
NM98 is still an iconic cover.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if it’s the timing of that Major X cameo...
Post 23 IP   flag post
His art isn't my favorite, but it's not the worst I've seen. My problem is and always has been the same. The guy describes ripping off others for the couple of characters he "created" and then constantly freaks out about ownership of creations. The self-deluded egoism of that is just too much for me to ever take anything about him seriously. That on top of that Deadpool that people know and love was actually developed after he left (personality and art-wise the Kelly/McGuinness run). He was directly involved with..what? First couple of appearances? and it immediately got developed without him. If this is about Major X, that would be even more absurd.
Post 24 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to get into X-Force, but... I just can't. Not with that art.

He has SOME talent to learn from. He's isn't a well-rounded artist, though. If someone else drew a character outline, I feel like he could competently shade for them.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Liefeld is the creator of Deadpool in the same way a sperm donor is a father.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@CatCovers ouch. Haha
Post 27 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicaaron
dudes a joke and just needs to go away. can we all make a pact to just ignore him so he has no option but to fade away.

A few of us have waiting for everyone else since the 90s.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

lol

This is a cover I sometimes use as an example of him not being able to draw feet. Shatterstar's left foot look "ok", so that's probably the one he'd say he messed up.
And her thighs lol
Post 29 IP   flag post
The proportions on that cover are so out of whack and the errors are centered on the cover. Not just Dominos legs, but Deadpools left thigh is laughably misproportioned. HOWEVER, it's not like that's unique to Liefeld. I will say I don't dislike this cover (or NM 98). But I'd also argue he's gotten much, much worse...almost lazy. His covers don't look like this anymore for the good parts, but the bad has gotten so much worse. Have you ever tried to swing a punch with the same arm you're in the middle of kicking with...while not training your gun on the target in front of you? No? Just checking. What position is his right hand at for that gun angle?

I like Ethan Van Sciver's work in many cases, but sometimes, his scale, proportions and perspective are seriously jacked up. New 52 Batman #1 (look at the shoulders) and Dark Knights metal Justice League #32 (WTF with the Merciless's right arm?) come to mind as freaking terrible.
Post 30 IP   flag post
602923 107 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?