Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Collectors SetsComics Copper AgeComics Modern Age

Show your error comics10221

Collector Airmomo private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my Maxx 1/2 with no foil printing on cover. Has anyone else ever seen one of these before? What do you have?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector benparker private msg quote post Address this user

Morbius misspelled
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Sinnamon #9 from Catfish Comics was to have 3 foil variant covers. The foil colors were to be Gold, Red, and Black. In addition to the foil logo, the publisher added a word balloon making a comment about the foil logo. The word balloon said "Curses! Foiled again!" When the first samples were provided to the publisher, the printer had put the foil logo on the covers without the word balloon. Normally, that would just be a production sample that never reaches the consumer. In this case, the publisher was running mock ads in their comics. They slipped in a real solicitation for the three different foil "error" covers. The solicitation stated that only 30 sets of the three error covers were available. In other words, they could be purchased if a fan had a keen eye and noticed the solicitation.

Black foil was the rarest and is was limited to 75 copies.

Here is the error version:

Her costume is also different color shade on the error version vs. the regular version.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
This one is rather...obvious....had to choose between it and Daredevil 168 with Elektra mis-spelled
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Error comics without corrected versions might be interesting to see, but have no bonus value
Post 5 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user

Numbered wrong
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Yes but she has Liefield drawn feet so that makes up for it
Post 7 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user

This one came straight out of the diamond box and the shop owner was going to send it back to get credit I told him I’ll take it. Right side cut off way to far. This was done when it was printed.
Post 8 IP   flag post
That's pretty cool
Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
the purple production error

Post 10 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user

Not a great pic, but noted on the label. Newsstand edition with glossy interior
Post 11 IP   flag post
That's a cool error never seen that before
Post 12 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have posted this before, but I think it's pretty cool, interesting, and probably rare. In fact, I don't know if there are any other copies out there. Anyone else heard of this particular error? (PS - If the interior is Ghost Rider #2 (vol. 2), why isn't it labeled as a Ghost Rider #2 with a Wolverine #25 cover?)

Post 13 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Giant Size Chillers #1. It's supposed to be 64 pages, but when I brought this back to the room after buying it at a show last year[?], I discovered it had an additional 2nd half of an issue, so an additional 32 pages. Last image shows how it compares to a regular Marvel Giant Size.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
The Tick #2- It's supposed to have a Die Cut Cover exposing part of the Splash Page.
Example:

Apparently 200 copies without the window "made it out the door".

Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
the purple production error

I always thought this was just the printer running short of the pigment that makes it blue. The most extreme case of it, but that's what I thought.

Post 16 IP   flag post
Those are great examples. do you own them all ?
Post 17 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
purple sandman cover
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector TheMadTitan private msg quote post Address this user
This is a good site for errors

http://www.recalledcomics.com/index.php
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmomo
Those are great examples. do you own them all ?

I do.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
purple sandman cover

"CGC has decided to designate the ones with a larger proportion of magenta as the "Purple cover Variant""

Oh, it's a "CGC has decided" situation.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadTitan
This is a good site for errors

http://www.recalledcomics.com/index.php

Still can't find anything about that Maxx 1/2 with no logo.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
purple sandman cover

"CGC has decided to designate the ones with a larger proportion of magenta as the "Purple cover Variant""

Oh, it's a "CGC has decided" situation.

Seems to be...but I agree with you on the printer low pigment thing.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head

Numbered wrong

That and the word "assistant" is misspelled in Brent Braun's title.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
I found this interesting error comic in one of my publisher’s bound file volumes a while back. The comic was printed with blank inside covers. I have never seen this type of error before or since. Here is the copy from my bound volume:

For comparison, here is another copy with the printing as it should be:

Anyone else ever see anything like this before?
Post 25 IP   flag post
Never seen that before
Post 26 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Do you see it?

Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

This is probably the only one I have. Witchblade vs The Darkness 1/2. The centerfold wasn’t aligned and trimmed correctly so one page of the book is nearly gone
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster is it book 2 or book 4?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
@OGJackster is it book 2 or book 4?

Yup, the cover of this issue has a misprint saying "4 of 4". It's issue #2.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601440 43 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?