Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Heads up. New arrivals at Walmart10094

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these from my local Walmart here at 11:30pm Tuesday.
They are selling on eBay for $15 a piece. Get'em if ya can.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
If these 100 page giants reprinted true classic stories I would be buying them. As they are I just can't get excited over them.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a copy of Villains #1 and a copy of Ghost #1 for my personal collection.

I got a copy of Ghost for my wife's collection. She enjoys reading horror comics, as do I. So I'll get to read her copy after she's done. 😁

The third copy of Ghost, I bought to sell.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
That would require me to go to Walmart, and the clientele that go to Walmarts near me have necks that are super red. Pass, but best of luck to you all!
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley Haha. I think that's every Walmart.
Heck, I'm a Field Service Engineer for HP, Large Format Printers but we bought a house in the country on over three acres and all my neighbors have goats, horses, cows, sheep (yes sheep) etc.
Oh, and I was born in Georgia... Dang, I might be a high tech red neck?
Humm. Nawww. I drive a Toyota 4runner and my wife's got a Mini Cooper S. I'd say I was if I drove a lifted Toyota Tacoma and the wife had a Camaro or a Mustang. Haha
Post 5 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley

ROFLMAO
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I want the Ghost one but none of the Walmart stores up here in Seattle sell comics.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Mike. I'll sell ya one cover price. Just gotta add $2.75 shipping.
$7.74 I believe (no tax).
Post 8 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth Out of curiosity, does this sound like a preview for the Ghosts one??

Quote:
Originally Posted by preview
This issue includes three new stories: o "Shop of Nightmares," a 16-page story written by Dan Jurgens with art by Scot Eaton Jim Corrigan investigates what appears to be a run-of-the-mill murder, but when he discovers the supernatural is at play, it becomes a job for the Spectre! o "Child of the Night," an eight-page story written by Keith Giffen with art by Priscilla Petraites A young girl on the run finds more than she bargained for when she takes cover in a house occupied by none other than Gentleman Ghost! o "The Ghost Inside," an eight-page story written by John Layman with art by Andy Clarke John Constantine discovers that nothing is ever what it seems, even inside a haunted house... Plus, these reprint tales: o "Gorehound," from Cursed Comics Cavalcade #1 o "Strange Visitor," from Cursed Comics Cavalcade #1 o "A Night to Remember," from DCU Halloween Special #1 o "Mercy Killing," from Curse Comics Cavalcade #1 o "Blackest Day," from DC House of Horror #1 o "Halloween Hayride," from Cursed Comics Cavalcade #1 Cover price $4.99.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O yes. Im still currently out of state for work, but my wife was looking at her copy and said the Spectre was in the first story, and that Constantine was featured in another.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
OK - now the August previews make some sense. I believe that the Walmart Giants are going to be released to comic stores (with new cover art) basically two months after they hit the Walmart shelves. I remember that both Villains and Ghosts were in the August previews. There are a bunch more in the September Previews. I believe they all say "New cover art by ..." on them. So I'm thinking they just switch covers to make them available to the comic stores. Villains and Ghosts should hit the comic stores in October.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I think I read someplace that the "Walmart Giants" will soon to be stopped/removed from all Walmart stores. They will no longer be sold through Walmart. Maybe these issues are the final transitions from Walmart to comic shops. Who know, but it makes sense.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Mike. I just dropped it off at the post office.
Post 13 IP   flag post
598057 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?