Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector cawummel private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone got signatures from Larry Hama or Jim Shooter and could share what they charge? Prepping for a show they will both be at this Saturday
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Jim Shooter has always been free when I've seen him. He was signing unlimited books at Lost Nation Comic Con in northeast Ohio in June. No charge, and he talked to people for a LOOOOONG time.

He talked to me for about 20 minutes about Marvel's direct-sales model in the 80s involving Moon Knight, Ka-Zar and Micronauts.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Once or twice he has had the Heroes Initiative jar for donations but Jim Shooter never charges.

I think Larry Hama charges $5 or less, I forget.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Kahless2005 private msg quote post Address this user
I think my Larry Hama sig was free. If I had more books, it was $5ish for every one after that. Any remarques or sketches was extra, depending on what you wanted, and he only did a certain amount and you were not guaranteed to get the character you want necessarily. But Hama was really awesome and told some great stories
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few Hama Autographs. All were free, but I heard he might be charging a small amount now.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
The last time I saw Larry Hama sign books was at 2017 WonderCon. He signed the first 3 comics for free, but no duplicates, and each additional comic thereafter was $5 each.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector cawummel private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks guys! This helped greatly because I can get more signed than I thought.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@cawummel - My experiences with those two gentlemen matches what everyone else is saying. Loved getting the chance to meet and chat with Jim Shooter (there was no line, so we talked for at least 15 minutes or more - a really great guy).

Here’s what they signed for me:

Post 8 IP   flag post
598074 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?