Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASP

Does CBCS allow witnesses to work for CGC?998

Collector Cmonman private msg quote post Address this user
There's another thread about Desert Wind over on the CGC board regarding how they witness for both companies, even though CGC says ths is a no-no. I was wondering what CBCS' policy was concerning authorized witnesses. Are they allowed to work for both companies at the same show?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS witnesses are allowed to witness for other companies. I think DWC gets around it by using separate companies. Desert Wind Comics only does business with CBCS while their Celestial Comics branch is exclusively CGC
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
On a related note, has any one dealt with Desert Winds before? I just submitted books to them and I wanted to know what to expect.

Thanks
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
CBCS witnesses are allowed to witness for other companies. I think DWC gets around it by using separate companies. Desert Wind Comics only does business with CBCS while their Celestial Comics branch is exclusively CGC

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9510555&fpart=1

According to this thread, the way they keep the shell companies separate is that Chandler walks away from his CGC table to talk to you about CBCS books.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Themaxx35 They're pretty good people but it might be a bit difficult to get a hold of them when they're busy with shows and signings so that can get a little bit frustrating, but same goes for a lot of comic-related businesses.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
On a related note, has any one dealt with Desert Winds before? I just submitted books to them and I wanted to know what to expect.

Thanks

They've had a terrible reputation since 2009. Many horror stories about them on the CGC board.
Post 6 IP   flag post
In that case, does anyone know of a reputable signature facilitator for the Baltirmore Comic Con. Not liking what I am seeing about Desert Winds on the CGC boards. My books are still with the presser so I can adjust course still. Thanks
Post 7 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Thanks

I'm so sorry.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

Thanks

I'm so sorry.

The books are still with the presser - so I canceled my order submission to DWC. That was a close one. Thanks for the warning form everyone.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Again, I am an authorized witness for Baltimore Comic-Con and can help anyone with signatures for your comic books.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Ram_Jam private msg quote post Address this user
Ooh, Chandler showed up.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9510555&fpart=23
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_Jam
Ooh, Chandler showed up.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9510555&fpart=23

WOW! .. that's a hot-mess
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenWorthing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_Jam
Ooh, Chandler showed up.

WOW! .. that's a hot-mess

I was not able to understand how the guy from Desert Winds makes the guys at Sam Kieth's signing booth charge anything. It is their business, right? Maybe I missed something.
Post 13 IP   flag post
601228 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?