Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 8/16/16991

Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@howardknoah,Yeah, even though I live 3 1/2 hours away, I gave my son $100 and a tank of gas and he left this morning, dropped 16 books off for me and he's home. The best part about it is, my books are already in "grading" status! I do realize that's not feasible for a lot of folks but a total of roughly a week from drop off to receiving them back. I'll pay the extra every time and make the trip if I can!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
@SilverAgeFan 16 Harley Quinn variants? Haha
Post 27 IP   flag post
@Revelations, nope, a few though. That Wench has a stranglehold on my bank account. She is waiting on several of her sisters to show up in the mail!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Muggyman84 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
@howardknoah,Yeah, even though I live 3 1/2 hours away, I gave my son $100 and a tank of gas and he left this morning, dropped 16 books off for me and he's home. The best part about it is, my books are already in "grading" status! I do realize that's not feasible for a lot of folks but a total of roughly a week from drop off to receiving them back. I'll pay the extra every time and make the trip if I can!

I live in orlando and wouldn't mind making the trip do you pick books up also or just have them shipped back?
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Muggyman84, so far, I've just had them sent back. The gas, lunch and time are about equal. You live even closer than I do. If I lived near Orlando, I'd make the trip both ways. What I like about dropping off in person is by the next day, they're in the system instead of waiting thier turn in the mail line to be unpacked and entered.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
My Boston books just hit RCVD. Thought I submitted more, only 6 books.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector howardknoah private msg quote post Address this user
And now the wait from QC to being shipped.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Man you are lucky!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Muggyman84, so far, I've just had them sent back. The gas, lunch and time are about equal. You live even closer than I do. If I lived near Orlando, I'd make the trip both ways. What I like about dropping off in person is by the next day, they're in the system instead of waiting thier turn in the mail line to be unpacked and entered.
i think i will try this my next batch of books thaks
Post 34 IP   flag post
@Muggyman84, if you can, let me know ahead of time when you are going, and I'll try to schedule my next drop off to coincide with yours. Since I have a lot of family living in St. Petersburg, I know the area pretty well and it would be cool to hook up for lunch or something.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Muggyman84, if you can, let me know ahead of time when you are going, and I'll try to schedule my next drop off to coincide with yours. Since I have a lot of family living in St. Petersburg, I know the area pretty well and it would be cool to hook up for lunch or something.
sounds great will do
Post 36 IP   flag post
Is there a standard amount of time an order spends in QC?
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
I totally realize it's impossible for most of you fellow collectors but 2 things can make a huge difference. If you can drop them off in person at the CBCS offices, (must make an appointment), and if the 2 day turnaround time can be afforded.
Sent in Batman Adventures 12 using the 2-day option and just got received in. Cost wasn't all that much more than doing fast pass. Think this will be the way I go moving forward. Thanks for the suggestion.
Post 38 IP   flag post
600777 38 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?