Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Question on signed numbered comics987

Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a bunch of comics from the 90's that are signed and numbered with the certificates of authenticity. I know they aren't worth that much but was curious if did get them graded would with signature verification would they be encased with the certificates or are they just set those aside like I'd assume.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The certificates would not be encased with the book.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks, I figured.
Post 3 IP   flag post
And with that I assume when I send them in to get graded it would be better not to send the certificates with them?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
I have heard that PGX did encase the COA with the graded book but that was second hand information, and have never seen that done before. So if any one could elaborate please do.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
The signatures still need to be verified and they don't use the COA's in that process. You can either hang on to them or they will be sent back to you with the comics.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyComix
I have heard that PGX did encase the COA with the graded book but that was second hand information, and have never seen that done before. So if any one could elaborate please do.

A quick search on eBay found this older PGX with the COA in the case. Whether they still do this or not, I have no idea.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Darkness-20-PGX-9-8-Jay-Co-WWLA-04-LTD-500-EBAS-Signed-COA-N-A-CGC-/251597868813?hash=item3a9466cf0d:g:n74AAOSwd4tT0V7w
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Cmonman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

It's PGX, who cares?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone. I'm still new to getting things graded and appreciate the help.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

PGX will do so upon request, I asked them this question directly about 2 years ago and they said yes they will encapsulate the COA if you want it to be.

The reason CBCS does not encapsulate COAs is the fear that they could actually cause damage to the comic over time. You can always slide the COA into the mylar bag that the CBCS slabs come in once they come back.

@enaz13 If you choose to submit a signed book you'll want to select VSP and get a red label that verifys the signature, otherwise the signature will be treated as writing and be a downgrade.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
So how does cbcs treat the numbered part? If the vsp comes back good, then the numbered part doesn't hurt the grade right?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations
So how does cbcs treat the numbered part? If the vsp comes back good, then the numbered part doesn't hurt the grade right?

It shouldn't. I have a retailer incentive that was hand sketched. I submitted through the VSP. It came back verified and noted a sketch on the cover, and it was a 9.8.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector MedicAR private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmonman
It's PGX, who cares?

Post 13 IP   flag post
598069 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?