Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Modern AgeQuestionsSignatures

CGC Damages Book Then Bans Submitter951

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I invited Marky on my show last night to talk about this whole fiasco and what it has spun in to.

Mark is a New Yorker. Not an excuse but NY'ers tend to be loud and passionate lol Marky is a nice guy.

He told me that he maintains he is right here and he was done wrong however if he could go back and do it all over again he wouldn't have let his emotion cloud his judgement. He would have used much better language and not spammed or yelled.

But he did say he's pretty much done with this all. The book is staying in the yellow label although he might end up doing VSP eventually.

So I guess that can close this chapter and we can move on to more positive things!

*** If you care to watch the show, it is on my YouTube channel page. Dont worry we talked about lots of other comic book related things too haha**
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
Well, I invited Marky on my show last night to talk about this whole fiasco and what it has spun in to.

Mark is a New Yorker. Not an excuse but NY'ers tend to be loud and passionate lol Marky is a nice guy.

He told me that he maintains he is right here and he was done wrong...

I found his videos hillarious and point of view very valid. Prism rings aren't acceptable...they aren't! Why are they on some books and not others? At some point you are beating your head against a wall...I empathize with his situation.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Just to clarify a few things, I watched Marky's video, and the waves are completely unacceptable, in my opinion. This isn't the only video to show these waves, and - as in other videos - they can even cause damage to the comic. So I'm completely with him on that.

The Newton rings, however, seem to be a different issue? I think the Newton rings (the prism effect?) are supposed to be purely a visual effect. So different than the high-pressure wave damage. If so, I think Marky was maybe overreacting when they told him there is an "acceptable" level of Newton rings; or he thought they were talking about the physical waves (in which case I would totally agree - there is not an acceptable level of physical waves).

As a viewer I got the sense there was a disconnect ... Marky was (rightly) upset about the waves and physical damage, and then maybe still upset when they were unclear about what exactly they mean by "acceptable" Newton rings. Anyway, I just got the impression Marky was talking about a physical effect and the c.s. rep was talking about a visual one. If it's not very obvious - and I couldn't see the prism effect in the video - then it's probably within the acceptable range.

But maybe I'm confused on the terminology. Can anyone verify, or correct my understanding here?
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector CCD private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to remind everyone that the prism effect on CGC slabs has been around in one form or another for 16 years. The damaging waves are new this year but the Newton rings are not.
Post 54 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCD
I would like to remind everyone that the prism effect on CGC slabs has been around in one form or another for 16 years. The damaging waves are new this year but the Newton rings are not.

This is true. Sometimes passing a piece of paper through the middle actually removed the Newton rings
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector BLBcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Some commenters - especially over in CGC general "chat"-Land do not seem to comprehend this 80 minute "rant" (description by some virulent CGC-Heads) is actually a Pod Cast with Call In collectors asking questions. Or appearing on his screen - but "we" do not see or hear these other fellows. I found his gig quite entertaining in his sincerity.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Whatever, I'm not stirring any pots. That dude in the video is an eccentric loud mouth for sure. But CGC damaged his book. He deserves good customer service as much as any other customer despite what his mental standing may be.

The intention of your reply quoting me doesn't look like that is what you are stating, at all.
Post 57 IP   flag post
598092 57 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?