Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 8/8/16946

Collector brianscotch private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01

Just submit your books and try to forget about them. You'll get them back at some point. If you try to anticipate there grading, qc, or shipping you will drive yourself crazy.
[...]
This is not a knock on their service or even cgc's service. This is just a comment to let you know you are not alone. It's the nature if the beast in our collecting. We all just have to hurry up and wait.

This is very true. I am a new customer too, so currently trying to calibrate my expectations. The important part is to keep feeding the pipeline, however you can, so that once books start rolling in, they will keep coming. If you mail in some comics right now, you will likely get them in mid-November.

For me the real pain is, I have books ready to go, but I have to wait for the new label. I don't have any idea where they are in that process, burning through their supply of the 'bad' label. So I can't feed the pipeline.

What's even worse are the ones I want to send to CFPcomics first, for pressing and cleaning. That adds another two months at least. But you can't send to CFPcomics (as I understand it) without first getting the CBCS invoice done. Which I can't do while waiting for the label fix.

So my next batch of books, I won't see again until mid-January. IF I submit now...

I'll be waiting for a label update until I submit another batch as well.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector scbeachbum private msg quote post Address this user
I just want my one book!
Post 52 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid You could always just send to CFP and have them sent back to you.
Post 53 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I am glad people will be waiting to submit or putting their current orders on hold till new label. Hopefully that will bump my orders up to the grading room soon.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
@Resurrection, I've just printed out my order for 2 day modern on 16 books. Are they pretty good with this tier? My books are being shipped Monday.

I've used this tier once and everything went smoothly. The books hit grading same day they were received and and hit shipping the next day. My only problem was they forgot to apply my ecoupons, which Customer Service promptly fixed.
Post 55 IP   flag post

I'm also not submitting anything new until there is a label change, at least not anything that I'm keeping for myself.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego, I do have one advantage, I live in Jacksonville Florida which is three hours away from Saint Pete, home of their offices. So my son and his girlfriend are going to make a day trip this Thursday and turn them in. That way they'll be inducted the same day they are dropped off and two days later should be done.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Joshua373 private msg quote post Address this user
We need a new update...last one was 8/8/16 on the forum and 8/5/16 on the home page. I like seeing something weekly so we can keep up with the progress.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
@DarthLego, I do have one advantage, I live in Jacksonville Florida which is three hours away from Saint Pete, home of their offices. So my son and his girlfriend are going to make a day trip this Thursday and turn them in. That way they'll be inducted the same day they are dropped off and two days later should be done.

Make sure they call ahead of time to arrange an appointment. It's my understanding that they discourage dropins. They like to make sure that they have someone available to help you.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
@Joshua373 They are likely returning to work today after Boston this weekend.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O, Thanks! Um, I learned that particular lesson previously. I called this morning and set it up with Zack.
Post 61 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
My books were received June 25 and went to grading today. This is for a expanded lot.
Post 62 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Funny I have 3 expanded orders of 30 comics each, that were recieved June 21st, June 22nd and June 25th and only the June 21st hit the grading room yesterday.
Post 63 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelon
Just to give you an idea of what to expect: I mailed books to them May 12th and May 18th. According to CBCS they were received June 1st and June 9th. So your 2 day modern is 2 days after CBCS says they received them, not when they actually arrived. Keep in mind the excuse that its also convention season, lol, which runs from March until December, so Friday, Saturday, and Sunday don't factor as business days. I'm guessing that they're gonna say they were received August 29th and probably be shipped back to you the first or second week of September. Just a guess of course.

PM me your invoice numbers so I can look into this.
I don't see any open orders on your account.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianscotch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelon
Just to give you an idea of what to expect: I mailed books to them May 12th and May 18th. According to CBCS they were received June 1st and June 9th. So your 2 day modern is 2 days after CBCS says they received them, not when they actually arrived. Keep in mind the excuse that its also convention season, lol, which runs from March until December, so Friday, Saturday, and Sunday don't factor as business days. I'm guessing that they're gonna say they were received August 29th and probably be shipped back to you the first or second week of September. Just a guess of course.
I have books in the 2-day modern tier that went into received status on 7/18 and they still haven't moved to grading. My guess would be a lot longer than a sept turnaround for books submitted in aug.

You marked your to be shipped together. All tiers are graded when the slowest tier gets graded. In this case, all of your books will get graded when your Modern's get to the grading room.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua373
We need a new update...last one was 8/8/16 on the forum and 8/5/16 on the home page. I like seeing something weekly so we can keep up with the progress.

I'm the one who does the updates and have been in Boston.
I'll have an update today.
Post 66 IP   flag post
600782 66 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?