Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS eventsPop Culture

Chicago Comic Collectors Dinner916

Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Every year during Wizard World Chicago, collectors of all things comic get together to indulge in food, drink and song (okay, maybe not song). This year's dinner is on Saturday August 20th at 8 PM at Gibsons Steakhouse, directly across the street from the convention center. In previous years, attendees had the distinct pleasure to meet and talk to such great comic luminaries as:

Neal Adams
Bernie Wrightson
Joe Jusko
Maggie Thompson
Michele Nolan

This is an evening for collectors of comics (new and old), OA, pulps, BLBs to meet and hang out, indulging our inner comic geek. It's an opportunity for anyone to show off pieces from their collection, things they picked up at the con that day, or drool over once-in-a-lifetime books like:

Action 1
Tec 27
Comics from the top GA pedigrees (Church, Larson, San Fran, etc)

Details: Dinner is Saturday Aug 20th at 8 PM. It'll be held in the Stephens Room (also referred to as the Fireplace Room). Doors will open at 7 PM to allow attendees to get properly liquored up before dinner It's a cash bar, so don't blow all that money on comics. The menu consists of the following:

House salad

( Your choice of one of the following: )
Center Cut Filet Mignon 10oz
WR Chicago Cut 22oz
Spicy Niman Ranch Pork Chop
Broiled Salmon
Spit Roasted Chicken

Baked Potato
Vegetable Combination Platter

**If you're attending and you're a vegetarian or have a food allergy, please PM me so I can pass that information along to Gibsons**

The cost is $85 per person. It's quite a bit of money, I know, but you're getting Flintstones-sized cuts of beef, an opportunity to see and talk to comic book icons, and meet fellow collectors at one of Chicago's premiere steakhouses

Payment can be done via Paypal (PM me for details)

Feel free to PM me with any questions
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Oldbsturgeon private msg quote post Address this user
This is a really cool opportunity. If I traveled that far for comics I would be all about this
Post 2 IP   flag post
President SteveBorock private msg quote post Address this user
This is by far my favorite dinner of the year! I hope many of you can make it. I think we are at 30 people already with special guests.
Post 3 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Borock saved my life one year by giving me the key to his hotel room. I'll never forget it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Steve Borock's key opens every door.

Oops wrong thread. Carry on.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Borock saved my life one year by giving me the key to his hotel room. I'll never forget it.

Even in the room next door, Greggy's snoring was loud enough to rattle the bedlamps?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick_Pontoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Even in the room next door, Greggy's snoring was loud enough to rattle the bedlamps?

I think he whines even in his sleep
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector BLBcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Tom Reilly copies
The collection was never ever in from San Francisco.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector CCD private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBcomics
Tom Reilly copies
The collection was never ever in from San Francisco.

Wrong thread???
Post 9 IP   flag post
We're in the stretch run. I have to submit final attendance numbers a week from today, so if you're thinking of attending let me know ASAP
Post 10 IP   flag post
597875 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?