Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPQuestionsSignaturesSigning Opportunities

Cincinnati Comic Expo Witness?899

Collector AznBane private msg quote post Address this user
I think I saw a thread about the Cincy Comic Con but I don't think I saw anything about the Cincinnati Comic Expo. Will there be any CBCS Witnesses at this Expo? I am considering getting a signature from Stan Lee since it is supposed be his last signing in the area. I would ultimately like to have my comic in a CBCS slab. One round about way of doing this is to have CGC witness it and possibly submit it to them then reslab it in a CBCS slab. If I remember correctly CBCS will honor CGC Signature series slabs. Any information on witnesses or what best way to do this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't heard anything yet about witness's being at the Expo. But yeah, CBCS will honor CGC yellow labels for regrading if you send them still slabbed. Although the actual grade is subject to the graders opinions so the grade could change.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector AznBane private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah... well I mean it wouldn't kill me if it went from a 9.8 to like a 9.6 since its for me. My main concern is dealing with all the extra steps from having to go through CGC. On top of that, I wouldn't be getting some crazy expensive book signed, just something fun like a Skottie Young cover. To me the expensive stuff should remain untouched, but that's just me.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@AznBane There is always the option to get it red label varified by CBCS if you can't get it witnessed.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Loiselle313 private msg quote post Address this user
Matt Saltzman, Trinity Comics Convention Services and Sketch Opportunities has a private signing with Stan the day or so before the show.

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/profile/TrinityComics
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBane
To me the expensive stuff should remain untouched . ..

+1
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector TrinityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Our Stan Signing was pushed back to NYCC. Just a heads up. We can take mail ins or we can talk your book at NYCC to take to our signing. Thanks for the shout out!
Post 7 IP   flag post
596794 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?