Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsStatuesToysToys Statues

ebay seller claims death in family, out891

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Out till Thursday. I made a case beacause I want my $175 action figure. It's mega rare. You see 1 every 5 years on ebay. I can't just ask for a refund and close it.

Seller asks me to close case. He'll ship it Thursday when he returns. Should I believe him?

Ebay clearly states once I close the case I cannot reopen it if there is an issue. You can't open another case on the same item ever again.

What to do?

If you must know, it's a TMNT GIANT ROCKSTEADY. These things NEVER show up on the public market, new in box, untouched.

SIGH.

ebay, you cruel mean machine, you.

I'd rather do without it honestly.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
Leave it open. It won't hurt anyone except him if he sold it out from under you.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
I would be patient. If you do it today or next week, you will still get your money if he doesn't deliver. As long as he is communicating with you, that is a good thing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I'd leave it open. Doesn't hurt anyone and if he is telling the truth, you get your item. if he sold it, you have recourse.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
I won an auction for "Alien, the illustrated story" about two weeks ago. I wanted to take it to the SDCC to get it graded by CGC (it is about magazine size). It never came in time. In fact it didn't come at all. I created a case and after about a week of waiting I got my money back. I would have preferred to have gotten the book.

Anyway, I won another auction and got a hardcover version of it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd tell them that the case will be closed when the item is received. Any reputable seller wouldn't have a problem with that.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
It won't hurt to leave it open until you have confirmation.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
How long did you wait before openingthe case? Anyway, now you should send your condolences and leave it open.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector zab47 private msg quote post Address this user
leave it open if they did not have the item I sure at this point they on the up side u waited this long
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector jmck965 private msg quote post Address this user
Leave it open.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
The problem is when you leave a case open it locks his account so he can't even pay shipping costs he claims this is going to cause a negative balance on him
Post 11 IP   flag post
I really don't know what to do but most of your state to leave the case open.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
The Ebay Seller to Buyer structure is SO fargin' unfair to sellers its pathetic. Things best change soon.
Post 13 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

AHH....there she is.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
The problem is when you leave a case open it locks his account so he can't even pay shipping costs he claims this is going to cause a negative balance on him

He can't pay shipping through his account but he can certainly take the package to the po or fed ex and pay out of pocket.

how would not paying shipping cause him to have a negative balance?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@VillageIdiot, You are soooo right about EBay being seller unfair! I sold a book almost 2 weeks ago. The guy paid through PayPal but they won't release the money until eBay notifies them the item has been received by the buyer. My buyer went overseas until the 10th of this month the day after he paid. He didn't tell me until 2 days AFTER the post office tried to deliver and I emailed him asking wazzup? Jerk.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Mykey's seller has 10 nuetral and 8 negative in 12 months, a pattern of buyers complaining about items not getting shipped and seller making excuses. The auction ended July 21st, I don't blame Mykey for being upset.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Mykey's seller has 10 nuetral and 8 negative in 12 months, a pattern of buyers complaining about items not getting shipped and seller making excuses. The auction ended July 21st, I don't blame Mykey for being upset.

With that kind of history, I'd probably proceed now and not wait.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector cjbehr948 private msg quote post Address this user
Keep the case open!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

Why on Gods good earth, would one even bid on an auction by a seller with such negative history?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiot

Why on Gods good earth, would one even bid on an auction by a seller with such negative history?

GIANT ROCKSTEADY.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01

AHH....there she is.

That's my baby. Come home to me NOW.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke, Keep it open, offer your condolences, tell the guy you understand but it's a business transaction and you've been previously burned.
Post 23 IP   flag post
That figure is a holy grail to Mykey.
Post 24 IP   flag post
one of many....
Post 25 IP   flag post
I'll just go ahead and put this in here lol:

https://www.pinterest.com/kaptainmyke/kaptainmykes-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-collectio/
Post 26 IP   flag post
@DarthLego, There'll be an answer to you forthcoming dark lord. In Rogue One......
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck. I hope you get it. I can tell you really want it. I appreciate your passion.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I have my eyes on a set of 3 or 4 of these too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282113324702?_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Do you understand what THESE books mean to ME? My undying love for the TMNT action figures themselves just adds so much intrinsic value to those!

I will pay anything for those. I will win all of them. At least 3 of them.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@SilverAgeFan what was the question?
Post 30 IP   flag post
601198 78 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?