Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsStatuesToysToys Statues

ebay seller claims death in family, out891

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
If George isn't happy then Disney is doing something right lol. There's a reason the prequels were not universally loved.
Post 51 IP   flag post
We've totally derailed Mykey's thread too lol.
Post 52 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
But, he still thinks he's a top tier filmmaker too.

What has he done lately? Nothin', that's what!
He's just piling up creator credits.
Top tier my spleen!
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
It's interesting to note, that when Steven Spielberg made the last Indiana Jones movie, he would only do it with George Lucas. And that movie was not particularly well received by fans or critics. Now, Spielberg and Harrison Ford and I are going to make another Indiana Jones movie and George Lucas will not be involved. Whether there should be another Indiana Jones movie with Harrison Ford and his age is a discussion for another thread!
Post 55 IP   flag post

I'm going to pay for the previous statement. My phone heard "and I" from my television as I was speaking and inserted it. But I heard that Spielberg did call Steve Borock for advice.
Post 56 IP   flag post
@SilverAgeFan haha, I was about to ask you what famous producer you were.

No one calls Steve Borock for advice. Steve Borock calls you and tells you the answer before you even knew what the question was.
Post 57 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 58 IP   flag post
Who am I? Where are we? What is this tv picture in my lap?
I remember a masked turtle and a bright flash. Why is Dart Vader here??
Post 59 IP   flag post
She gave me a full refund. She states she couldn't do anything because Ebay locked the account. No giant rocksteady. I don't see my refund on my credit card online either yet...probably won't for several days...ironically the same amount of time probably whenever she gets back from out of town or whatever.

I want the damn toy. They don't show up on ebay. Ever. Man I got screwed. This SUCKS because now I only have a Giant Bebop and 2 custom made acrylic cases. !!!
Post 60 IP   flag post
Did ebay lock her keys in her car so she couldn't drive to the post office? Nope, not an excuse. Also PayPal was spun back out from ebay, they are two separate compainies, is ebay preventing access to PayPal? Too many excuses, no reason to refund if she still has it, I'd put money on her having sold it out at a higher price, or thinking she under priced it and intended to relist. Usually I'd give people the benefit of the doubt, but her seller feedback tells a different story.

Sorry you had to go through this Mykey.
Post 61 IP   flag post
So now she sent me a paypal money request invoice for the same price so if I want to still get the toy I can pay her directly via paypal invoice instead of her paying ebay fees again. Is this safe and protected just the same as ebay? Should I do it? I feel like I am paying her twice right now because my refund will take a few days
Post 62 IP   flag post
my god her feedback is terrible. this blows because that toy is ungodly rare. my comic store lady didn't even know those 2 giant bad boys existed
Post 63 IP   flag post
When you make a paypal direct payment you can choose an option that treats it like a business transaction and gives you some buyer protection.
Post 64 IP   flag post
This all sounds too fishy to me though. I don't understand how ebay was preventing her from shipping?
Post 65 IP   flag post
I told her to let me know when she is back and able to ship the item and I would send her payment via paypal. I'm still wary though, as you said her feedback is terrible.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Well from what I understand - if a case is open against you and it's not resolved within the time frame, ebay will suspend your items from being able to be purchased or money receieved on items until your case that is open is resolved. I guess because I chose to leave it open until she got back, it messed her up.
Post 67 IP   flag post
well she replied "Ok will do" after I told her I'd send payment when she returned from out of town. It does seem fishy but high risk high reward I always say
Post 68 IP   flag post
But like I said, ebay isn't keeping her away from the post office.

Hope it goes well for you. Rocksteady needs a good home.
Post 69 IP   flag post
i knnnnnnnowwwwww
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
We all (or most of us) get a little too emotionally involved with some purchases we make. I know you really want this, but I'd be fairly uncomfortable dealing with her. That's just based upon the info. for this transaction. Darth lego and I have both pointed out that she could drive to the post office; not sure why she is claiming your open case would give her a negative balance; she refunds your $ but still wants to sell you the item; she is now trying to sell off Ebay.....
add in her feedback history and I'd want no part of her.
Hope it works out for you, either with this sale or in the future.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
It sounds like she had to travel for a funeral and didn't bother to take her eBay items with her!! How inconsiderate of her!!! Doesn't she understand the rarity of this toy??? LOL!! Just giving you a hard time Kaptain!! I hope it all works out for you. Wait until she gets back, send the payment through the buying (not friends and family) feature on Paypal, make sure she sends you a tracking number and enjoy your new Rocksteady when you get him!!!
Post 72 IP   flag post
I don't get why she didn't just put her ebay store on vacation mode before leaving. It's a simple mouse click.

I was just wondering how she could still not send the toy even if I do foolishly send her payment after all this. Is there any way she could claim the new paypal payment request is due because of the ebay transaction not taking place?
Post 73 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know. You can try calling Paypal. I just had to call them about a transaction. I commissioned something for my comic display and the guy sent me an invoice for shipping now that it is complete. I kept getting an error message and had to call Paypal to find out that their invoicing program is having problems right now. I ended up having to send him money through the buying feature and he will have to kill the invoice. I don't always understand Paypal, but they always have been able to help me out when I have a question.

As for why she didn't put her eBay on vacation, I'm not sure. I sell occasionally on eBay and I have no clue how to do that. Maybe she doesn't know how to also. And if the death was sudden, she could have just spaced on it. People don't always thing clearly in times like that. Just trying to see this from both sides.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Oh, I agree. In my last message I still stated the following:

"Again, I'm sorry for your loss. I'm just a buyer. Nothing personal. All life is precious."
Post 75 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke, that's the spirit Mykey! you are staying above where some people would be. In the end, that attitude will serve you well. I commend you.
Post 76 IP   flag post
It's never a good idea to burn bridges
Post 77 IP   flag post
Especially bridges that lead to a giant Rocksteady.
Post 78 IP   flag post
597874 78 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?