Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Notification of grade884

Collector howardknoah private msg quote post Address this user
If this was already asked, my apologies.
I am just trying to find out when you get emailed with the grade received. Thanks & have a great week.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
I understand your curiosity. There does not seem to be enough transparency in the grading process and timing.

My "2-day moderns" were received a week ago, but no mention of grades, or entering the grading room. Not sure what 2-days is supposed to mean, then.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
I used 2-day modern as well. My comics were received by CBCS on Friday 7/22, grading started on Monday 7/25, and were they shipped Thursday 7/28. I got the grade notification the day they were shipped.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks for the replies. As mine is now in shipping, I will keep an eye out later today. Thanks.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by howardknoah
Thanks for the replies. As mine is now in shipping, I will keep an eye out later today. Thanks.

Mind you I did not get an actual email with the grade. I went to the website dashboard and found it under "My Comics." Check it out now, and it may be there.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
I used 2-day modern as well. My comics were received by CBCS on Friday 7/22, grading started on Monday 7/25, and were they shipped Thursday 7/28. I got the grade notification the day they were shipped.

The 2-day turnaround is a bit extended it seems due to SDCC. It was submitted there but did not get received in until last Thursday, 7/28. Got the email this morning that it is ready to be shipped so hopefully the grade will be available later today or tomorrow. Patience has never been one of my strong suits.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
The grades are available on your account dashboard after the invoice goes to shipped (is leaves the building).

The received dates for Con submissions can be deceiving because they enter the grading cue the Tuesday after the con, but it might take a few days for the data to get entered into the system. Hence it will say received on Thursday, but actually began it journey through the building on Tuesday.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
The grades are available on your account dashboard after the invoice goes to shipped (is leaves the building).

Do you happen to know what the usual time is once the status changes to shipping vs when it is actually shipped?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@howardknoah it can be a day or so depending on the volume of business and level of service chosen. For example, a 2-day Modern will likely ship the same day as it goes into shipping. One of the tiers that has a longer TAT could take a few more days. Also, you will not receive the shipped notification right when the package leaves/is picked up. It will come the next day. (In my case I got the notification and checked the tracking on my package and it was due to arrive that same day)
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
@howardknoah it can be a day or so depending on the volume of business and level of service chosen. For example, a 2-day Modern will likely ship the same day as it goes into shipping. One of the tiers that has a longer TAT could take a few more days. Also, you will not receive the shipped notification right when the package leaves/is picked up. It will come the next day. (In my case I got the notification and checked the tracking on my package and it was due to arrive that same day)

Thanks for the info. I am hopeful that it will ship today as it was 2-day modern. Went into shipping status yesterday.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@howardknoah I would bet that if it went into shipping yesterday you should get notification either today (usually by now) or in the morning tomorrow.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector bridnap private msg quote post Address this user
If it helps, Zachary at Customer Service sent this reply to me this morning in regards to pretty much the same question. Mine are Modern grades with a Fast Pass on each:

Good Morning
Thank you for contacting CBCS. All grades and notes will be made available once the order has left our building
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector cloudcloddie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridnap
If it helps, Zachary at Customer Service sent this reply to me this morning in regards to pretty much the same question. Mine are Modern grades with a Fast Pass on each:

Good Morning
Thank you for contacting CBCS. All grades and notes will be made available once the order has left our building

yeah, that's a lie. My books shipped yesterday and I got my tracking info today, but the grades show up nowhere in my account. annoying.
Post 13 IP   flag post
597868 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?