Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeSignatures

KaptainMyke Crazy $0.99 CENT 7-Day Auctions881

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O you're a saint!
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
i'm going to be heartbroken if this shit goes for less than $10 free shipping. each.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke your WD is going to a good home my friend.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Always remember the final 20 seconds is what counts. I've repeatedly had a $99 item stay that way for 10 days but in the last seconds shoot up to $567.

There be vultures round these parts imo
Post 29 IP   flag post
Who's bidding against me? :pumps fist in the air: Do I need to force choke somebody?
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

I've been known to snipe things at the last minute myself.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Sniping is fun.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
I lost one tonight, pulled the trigger about 20 seconds too soon. Stupid "high speed" cable internet makes me go early in case it wants to act stupid. FN LAG!
Post 33 IP   flag post
You're gonna laugh but - I actually missed a ninja turtle auction one sunday night because my mouse battery died. Seriously.
Post 34 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Lol
Post 35 IP   flag post
yeah it was one i didn't care about as much. thankfully.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
punishment bids set
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
No name artist drawing a ninja turtle...on a walking dead sketch cover. At a ridiculous price? Pass. All you.

Interesting statement. It brings up a question; at what dollar amount do you stop paying for talented art and start paying for the "name" of the artist?
Post 38 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS I was drawn to the art on that piece, I honestly had no clue who the artist was until after Mykey's comment made me Google him.
Post 39 IP   flag post
To clarify: Sketch covers should with an attached artist of the book. Or, guest artist for the book. However, I'm seeing a trend now for this to be a way for new artists to "break out". Art is subjective. It is beautiful and ugly at the same time.

Regarding this piece, I said "ugly turtle", because, well, he is ugly, as a zombie. The art is unique, it's not bad. It's just not for me.

I think you guys assume I buy everything TMNT.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@MR_SigS I was drawn to the art on that piece, I honestly had no clue who the artist was until after Mykey's comment made me Google him.

I agree, it's a great drawing.

Quote:
To clarify: Sketch covers should with an attached artist of the book. Or, guest artist for the book. However, I'm seeing a trend now for this to be a way for new artists to "break out". Art is subjective. It is beautiful and ugly at the same time.

Regarding this piece, I said "ugly turtle", because, well, he is ugly, as a zombie. The art is unique, it's not bad. It's just not for me.

I think you guys assume I buy everything TMNT.

I admit I got that vibe lol
Post 41 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke You do buy everything TMNT lol.
Post 42 IP   flag post
To be fair to the artists, they are only drawing what a paying customer requests them to draw. This crossover sketch trend is all on the fans who are asking for it.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Speaking of crossover sketches. I currently have one being done that I commissioned from Chadwick Haverland, that will be the end all of all crossover sketches. And yes, it involves the Dark Lord Vader himself.
Post 44 IP   flag post
I found a sweet all metal 90s cartoon version michelangelo bottle opener with magnet on the back of it. i'm sure it's new but i like it.
Post 45 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke found, like in the back of your kitchen drawer, or found like you just bought it off eBay?
Post 46 IP   flag post
LCS had it for sale. Most likely a diamond catalog order or a consignment sale
Post 47 IP   flag post
Do you have a beer koozie to go along with that?
Post 48 IP   flag post
no why do you have one
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Always remember the final 20 seconds is what counts. I've repeatedly had a $99 item stay that way for 10 days but in the last seconds shoot up to $567.

Your account is new with zero feedback. Did you previously have a different account?
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector CCD private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick_Pontoon
Quote:

Your account is new with zero feedback. Did you previously have a different account?

Yes, eBay put some kind of selling/dollar limit on his first ID so he made a new ID.
Post 51 IP   flag post
kaptainmykeinc is my primary (business). I own kaptainmyke.com, inc. and have since 2002. I started thekaptainmyke (personal collection items) for my future tmnt action figure sales I'm about to unleash to the world in the next 3 weeks.
Post 52 IP   flag post
the whole zero feedback is hurting me currently which is why i started unleashing a bunch of 99 cent items so i could gain easy feedback before i begin. make sense?
Post 53 IP   flag post
600861 53 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?