Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

What to do with a book missing a page?863

Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
My whole point has been missed.

If a comic is slight/slight/mod and a customer wants the resto taken off then it should be a 100% certainty that if all the resto is taken off it comes back as a blue.

Not if you take all the resto off it comes back as resto still.

Doesn't matter this has become boring lol

@DarthLego I appreciate you saying you agree it should be noted. As I have also said I have no beef with anyone on here about it. To begin with it was just a passing comment about this which then took me a fair few messages to show that it happens then felt like I had to explain endlessly why it would be annoying to a potential buyer.

Now others are saying taking resto involves risks. Well this is very clear to everyone. This was not my point. Taking all the resto off and still being left with a resto copy isn't a necessary risk it is extremely unfair.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by matterus023

Now others are saying taking resto [off] involves risks. Well this is very clear to everyone. This was not my point. Taking all the resto off and still being left with a resto copy isn't a necessary risk it is extremely unfair.

Actually I think our point on that is BUYING vaguely described resto with the intent of fixing what you ASSUME the resto is involves risk.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector Swampy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by matterus023
My whole point has been missed.

Why do you think that is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matterus
If a comic is slight/slight/mod and a customer wants the resto taken off then it should be a 100% certainty that if all the resto is taken off it comes back as a blue.

CBCS and CGC can't detect trimming or pressing 100% of the time but you want this type of thing, which happens to 0.00000000001% of all 3.5 million comics ever slabbed, to be 100%? Your request is unreasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matterus
Not if you take all the resto off it comes back as resto still.

But you bought it as restored so you haven't lost anything. You were just dumb enough to spend money trying to change a PLOD into a Blue. That's on the buyer, they have to take personal responsibility for their actions and realize that greed got them into this situation in the first place.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm out. Thanks for the chat. Plus i never mentioned pressing to be noted.

Plus asking if trimming covered up for it to be mentioned in the notes is hardly asking too much. Your whole argument is a contradiction. So it never happens (what you said) but it is asking far too much/unreasonable for when it does to add a couple more words on notes. Wow what an ask. Your points make no sense at all mate
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector Swampy private msg quote post Address this user
"Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction." Erich Fromm

Just like this thread LOL.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
The original post has been answered on this thread. There is no point for further discussion on this thread. It has been totally derailed. It is now locked.
Post 131 IP   flag post
600902 131 6
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.