Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Justice League / Suicide Squad cast859

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Read at your own risk! The link contains newly released information about the cast list for Suicide Squad.

clickable text

I just had this posted a few moments ago, the press kit came out today.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by
For some reason, Warner Brothers thought it would be a good idea to release additional details regarding their upcoming movie Suicide Squad and, at the risk of revealing a major spoiler

Maybe they took a poll and found out they've been showing the bloody trailer for so long that people are getting tired of the film before it's released. I know I am.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by
For some reason, Warner Brothers thought it would be a good idea to release additional details regarding their upcoming movie Suicide Squad and, at the risk of revealing a major spoiler

Maybe they took a poll and found out they've been showing the bloody trailer for so long that people are getting tired of the film before it's released. I know I am.

haha quite possibly! DC always seems to struggle with just how much to show to people prior to a film's release
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector TruckJohnson private msg quote post Address this user
"Maybe they took a poll and found out they've been showing the bloody trailer for so long that people are getting tired of the film before it's released. I know I am."

~ MR_SigS

What bloody trailer? All I've seen for the last few weeks is the goof-ball trailer with all the characters getting off funny lines. Either way, at least they didn't do like Ghostbusters and spend LITERALLY the last 12 months over-running the air waves with a trailer to a remake nobody asked for, and ultimately not nearly as many people as expected went to see. Nevertheless, I expect Suicide Squad to do huge numbers at the box office.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@TruckJohnson I've been seeing trailers in the theaters for many, many months.
The same thing was done with The Lone Ranger, which I never saw because (in large part) I was tired of it before it was released.

It's funny what you say about Ghostbusters 12 months of trailers, because I've only become aware of it in the last couple LOL
Post 5 IP   flag post
I know it was SDCC and all but we're already seeing trailers for Justice League which doesn't come out for over a year.

I hope DC/WB learned their lesson with BVS and doesn't give us too much trailer, too much plot and too much movie ahead of time. I'm not so sure they have when things like this lastest Suicide Squad news is released.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Hollywood has had the too much info in the trailer problem as long as I can remember. Will they ever learn?

In the back of my mind there's a movie I'm thinking of that did it's trailer right and the movie ended up being a vastly different surprise from the trailer, but the name is escaping me right now.
Post 7 IP   flag post
BVS did that for me. The dream sequence shown out of context in the trailers had me looking in a COMPLETELY different direction than the film did.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
BVS did that for me. The dream sequence shown out of context in the trailers had me looking in a COMPLETELY different direction than the film did.

I thought I was the only one who went in thinking it was going to be good based upon the trailer. Glad to find out I wasn't alone.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah I too took the dream sequence in the trailer to heart, I was expecting to see a Superman led military unit fighting Batman. I was like "what the hell, did they promote Superman to some kind of crime fighting military general?" I'm was so happy when I saw it was just Bruce having a nightmare, lol. Those parademons were pretty cool though.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:

I thought I was the only one who went in thinking it was going to be good based upon the trailer. Glad to find out I wasn't alone.

That's not what I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Yeah I too took the dream sequence in the trailer to heart, I was expecting to see a Superman led military unit fighting Batman. I was like "what the hell, did they promote Superman to some kind of crime fighting military general?" I'm was so happy when I saw it was just Bruce having a nightmare, lol. Those parademons were pretty cool though.

This, or something along these lines, is what it made me think. I went in thinking I was going to like it, and walked away liking it. It wasn't the greatest, but I liked it more than any of the FF or Ghost Rider films.
Post 11 IP   flag post
600646 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?