Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Revan_Q private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a discount if you're submitting a bulk order? How much of discount would it be? I have 26 books I'm looking to submit at Tampa Bay Comic Con doing all of them for AW too. Sorry if this has been put out there before.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by slq955
Is there a discount if you're submitting a bulk order? How much of discount would it be? I have 26 books I'm looking to submit at Tampa Bay Comic Con doing all of them for AW too. Sorry if this has been put out there before.

I have the same question. I submitted (77) at the San Jose, California last April and got was not offered a discount. Even when I asked for one they said "No."
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Swampy private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I don"t think 26 books would be considered a bulk order, that's not really a lot of comics.

If you want a discount you should buy a membership.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I didn't say it was a bulk order. I know I saw some place in the past that they offer discounts if you submit a bulk order. The membership I think is only good if you submit so much in the year that you have it. Otherwise it's not worth the spent.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I didn't say it was a bulk order. I know I saw some place in the past that they offer discounts if you submit a bulk order. The membership I think is only good if you submit so much in the year that you have it. Otherwise it's not worth the spent.

I don't submit a lot (7 my most recent order and probably only about the same on my next in September) and it is gonna be worth it in the fee cut alone never mind that I can shave almost that entire cost off my next order.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
It does say on the site to call them in advance with "very large" orders. No idea what very large is. Regarding memberships, if you are going to submit 50 or more books per year, then in my opinion, a bronze membership more than pays for itself, even if you don't use the coupons (have they fixed those yet?).
Post 6 IP   flag post
"I didn't say it was a bulk order."

That's what your first post says :confused:

" I know I saw some place in the past that they offer discounts if you submit a bulk order. The membership I think is only good if you submit so much in the year that you have it. Otherwise it's not worth the spent."

When you buy a membership you get free submission option coupons that equal or exceed the price of the membership. If those are options you would use anyway, the membership immediately pays for itself, and then you get the discounts on any submissions throughout the year. Even if the only books you submit all year are those though the membership coupons you still haven't wasted any money.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
It does say on the site to call them in advance with "very large" orders. No idea what very large is

Probably more like the Mr Magic Woo sized submission.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy

When you buy a membership you get free submission option coupons that equal or exceed the price of the membership. If those are options you would use anyway, the membership immediately pays for itself, and then you get the discounts on any submissions throughout the year. Even if the only books you submit all year are those though the membership coupons you still haven't wasted any money.

I've seen a few posts where people have said it takes a large # of books to make a membership worthwhile. Unless I am missing something, a bronze membership can save you money by the 3rd book:
membership = $100
modern 2 day # 1 = free
modern 2 day # 2 = free
modern 2 day # 3 = $ 36
using the 3 fast pass coupons = free
total out of pocket = $ 136
----
not a member =
3 books 2 day modern = $ 120
3 fast pass = $ 30
total out of pocket = $ 150
I realize that there are other variations and options but a membership can pay for itself by the 3rd book.

in fact if you only use the 2 two day modern and 2 fast passes, you break even on the 2nd book.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy

I've seen a few posts where people have said it takes a large # of books to make a membership worthwhile. Unless I am missing something, a bronze membership can save you money by the 3rd book:
membership = $100
modern 2 day # 1 = free
modern 2 day # 2 = free
modern 2 day # 3 = $ 36
using the 3 fast pass coupons = free
total out of pocket = $ 136
----
not a member =
3 books 2 day modern = $ 120
3 fast pass = $ 30
total out of pocket = $ 150
I realize that there are other variations and options but a membership can pay for itself by the 3rd book.

in fact if you only use the 2 two day modern and 2 fast passes, you break even on the 2nd book.

I think you nailed it 🍻 Seems like you'd be wasting $14 and more by not purchasing the membership, if that's the way you would submit anyway.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Anyone know if the rewards program will be back dating every member's submission for total rewards earned? That's when it gets implemented.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Anyone know if the rewards program will be back dating every member's submission for total rewards earned? That's when it gets implemented.

Steve Ricketts, Steve Borock and other CBCS employees have stated that the rewards program will be retroactive.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

Steve Ricketts, Steve Borock and other CBCS employees have stated that the rewards program will be retroactive.

Scroll to the very bottom of this page for confirmation:

https://www.cbcscomics.com/membership
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@VaComicsGuy you are absolutely right, if you have at least 2 moderns that are valuable enough to warrant 2-day service the membership is already saving you money by the third book.
Post 14 IP   flag post
600771 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?