Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

SPOILERS - Dawn of Justice - SPOILERS845

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, So I get it. Are people saying this movie sucked because the big S gets killed fighting Doomsday? Do people not realize this is canon to the storyline? I understand they changed a lot...such as making Batman the leader and recruiter...but really? It's pure canonical writing to the 90s Superman titles. I'd be shocked if he doesn't come back in JLA sequel. It's been stated the clone supermen will not appear in the sequels so is it possible he doesn't return?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke people hated it because at some point during the creation of the universe a cosmic law was written that every movie I absolutely love must get bad reviews.

BvS was simply an amazing movie. The 3.5 hour version was even better.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
It was just "okay". The ending was absolutely terrible though-the scene where Bruce is talking to Diana at the funeral.
Post 3 IP   flag post
And Why is flash Asian?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector ares private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
It's pure canonical writing to the 90s Superman titles. I'd be shocked if he doesn't come back in JLA sequel. It's been stated the clone supermen will not appear in the sequels so is it possible he doesn't return?

He will return. At SDCC there was a Justice League movie panel
and Zach Snyder introduced Henry Cavill saying.. " I know he is dead but who are we kidding he will be back" or something to that effect
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
And Why is flash Asian?

The Flash is not Asian, it's just the hair style and facial hair on the actor that makes him look it. You get a much better look at him in the Justice League teaser trailer.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares
Quote:
It's pure canonical writing to the 90s Superman titles. I'd be shocked if he doesn't come back in JLA sequel. It's been stated the clone supermen will not appear in the sequels so is it possible he doesn't return?

He will return. At SDCC there was a Justice League movie panel
and Zach Snyder introduced Henry Cavill saying.. " I know he is dead but who are we kidding he will be back" or something to that effect

Yep, it was officially confirmed that Superman is in the Justice League movie.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/837/page/1/justice-league---special-comic-con-footage/#3
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector FrankCastle129 private msg quote post Address this user
To bad there never was a jla movie in the 80/90s Reeves and Keaton would have been awesome
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
I thought it was a good movie with some great scenes.

I think my main issues are how it seems there is a lot of "What was that?", "When did that happen?".

For example, the future vision and the flash coming thru the portal. For views who do not know the lore, and there are a lot of them, they would be really confused by this. The Flash hardly even looked like the Flash.

There was also the introduction to characters that again, unless you know the lore, might cause confusion (ie, Cyborg)

But I think the main WTF issues is the entire backstory to Batman. We get he has been doing this for a while and we see things we could only guess at what happened, such as Robin's suit. This Batman does not follow after any previous movies so we watch it feeling like I missed an entire movie. What happened to Robin? What happened to Wayne Manner? Why does Batman brand and kill now?

To me, it is a good movie, it just seems it was rushed. It is like a shot of whiskey. It hits you hard but it has its' desired affect while a movie like Civil War, which has been building over numerous movies, is like a fine wine, aged to perfection.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@roarzola Good analogy. Can't wait for my next shot of DC whiskey! I have high hopes for the stand alone Batman movie that Affleck will be directing, many of those questions may be answered. It looks like the Wonder Woman movie is pretty much a prequel story, I wonder if they will do the same thing with Batman?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego, I'm really looking forward to the JL movie as well but for different reasons. I'm hoping that they get Superman right. I truly believe Henry Caville can be a perfect Superman. But Snyder should make him closer to who we grew up with. Not so dam dark and grim!
Post 12 IP   flag post
@SilverAgeFan in Superman's defense he was taking a lot of heat in this movie and was deservedly grumpy. But I think it was necessary to create the conflict with Batman. Hopefully we see the JL all on the same page when Superman comes back (but he may be pissed he got buried alive lol). As for dark and grim, you might not like where the franchise is heading if Batman's vision of the Flash was really Barry Allen using time travel to deliver a warning, because if you listen to the words he said it sounds like they are setting up a version of the storyline from Injustice: Gods Among Us, which is not a happy story.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCastle129
plus 1

Agree 100%

@DarthLego The conflict with Batman is crucial to the canon of the JLA
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
I thought Afflecks Batman was great and spot on. And I also got that the conflict was necessary to the storyline. I just felt even going back to Man of Steel that Snyder just didn't use Caville properly. When we saw MOS, even my son noticed. Clark Kent is supposed to clumsy, nervous and unsure of himself. Reeve's Clark would never have been so adversarial with Bruce Wayne. So strong and challenging. My son nailed it when re remarked that Clark was simply Superman with glasses.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I thought Affleck was ok as Batman the only issue I had is the age difference. The way it looks to me everyone is supposed to be in their 20's except for (5000 year old WW) and Bruce is in his mid to late 40's. If they get to a JL 3 he will be way out of his prime.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
I thought Afflecks Batman was great and spot on. And I also got that the conflict was necessary to the storyline. I just felt even going back to Man of Steel that Snyder just didn't use Caville properly. When we saw MOS, even my son noticed. Clark Kent is supposed to clumsy, nervous and unsure of himself. Reeve's Clark would never have been so adversarial with Bruce Wayne. So strong and challenging. My son nailed it when re remarked that Clark was simply Superman with glasses.

Excellent point, you're right, he never properly played up his Clark Kent persona. I didn't have a problem with his confrontation with Bruce, he's a reporter that's what they do, but yeah he never acted clumsy, which was always an important part of keeping his identity secret.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@FrankCastle129 Have you seen how much muscle Affleck has put on? He's in better shape now than when he was 20. And remember even at 50 Batman was still a badass.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I think Affleck looked great working out and wearing the armor. I just didn't like the gray hair and Alfred saying 20 years of fighting bad guys, it kinda dated Affleck for me. I totally agree Batman is a badass in his older age too, Bale fighting Hardy was good. I just wanted the whole JL to be closer in age for the sequels.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Do the events in Suicide Squad happen post the BvS Doomsday attack?
Post 20 IP   flag post
I read an article this morning that hits the nail on the head: http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2016/07/the-main-reasonbatman-v-supermansucked-isnt-what-you-think-it-is/
Post 21 IP   flag post
I hate review articles that make blanket statements like "it sucked" as if it was a scientific fact. The movie did not suck, it sucked in one internet writer's opinion. Some others may agree, but many other people actually enjoyed the movie quite a lot. And after the train wreck that was Age of Ultron, which was praised like the next coming, I think something is very very wrong with the current online movie review community.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
@SilverAgeFan Great observation by Junior!

@DarthLego I agree. I see headlines like that (once I've seen the film) and I just move on thinking, "Well, I liked it so this wasn't written for me."
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Here is my take of Superman for this movie.

We have seen many variations of Superman and for some reason, we seem to latch on to Reeve's interpretation. The all good, always does the right thing, black and white, sees the good in everyone, perfect hero. In today's movie audience, who expects more realistic drama, that Superman would be more of a comic book character and not a person with real inner struggle. It's as he said "You can not be good in this world"

This Superman may not be the Superman everyone wanted, but I believe it was the Superman we needed.

As for Clark, again we look at Reeve's interpretation of the character. He never seemed clumsy or idiotic in the old television serial or in most of the comics I read. He never seemed like that in Smallville, Lois & Clark, or any other interpretation of him but we keep latching on to the Reeve's version. Why is that? It was said it was because that way nobody would expect him of being Superman. But honestly, acting clumsy is not a good disguise. It suddenly doesn't make you look different.

After MOS, I excused the fact nobody recognized him because nobody really saw him up close. Except for the military and the folks at Smallville. But if you watch their reactions, you can tell they know who it is. For example, the fight at the IHOP. They knew it was Clark. But for BvsS, since there was television footage of him up close, I honestly believe he isn't fooling everyone and they are just keeping his secret because they know what would happen if it got out. Yes, I talking about Perry White. He knows, he isn't a idiot, but he is playing along.

Anyway, that is just my take on the character.
Post 24 IP   flag post
600892 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?