ASM # 300
ASM # 194
Batman # 635
Post 26 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Transformers #9 Auto Assembly exclusive

Transformers #22 retailer incentive

Transformers Spotlight Orion Pax retailer incentive

If anyone has any for sale, I'm interested.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretCharacter
One of my all time most-wanted books is Superman #14. I don't see myself being able to afford one any time in the near future, but I'm always looking for one.

Wow! That is a gorgeous cover! Good luck finding it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretCharacter
One of my all time most-wanted books is Superman #14. I don't see myself being able to afford one any time in the near future, but I'm always looking for one.

Superman 14 is a great book. My current want, but cannot afford anytime soon is Captain Marvel Adventures 1 restored. Sigh

I just did a quick search and couldn't even find one on ebay. Issues 2, 3, and 4 are all up there though :/

It is a very difficult book to find, especially in blue label.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector qube private msg quote post Address this user
Looking for an affordable mid-grade raw X-Men 94. I've kind of suspended my search temporarily though because I just got back from vacation, so funds are a little tighter than I'd like them to be.

Once I've recovered though, I'll likely resume my hunt at Amazing Comic Con Houston in September.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I'm currently hunting down Silver Age ASM. Working on the run.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdod3
Quote:
Quote:
I've been searching for a low grade copy of ASM 129 (all I can afford lol) for a while...all of the prices are ridiculous though.

You're telling me! I was lucky to get my book a year or two ago. I paid about $150 for a raw copy and it came back a 4.0 from CBCS. I look on ebay now and they want like $300 for a 1.8!

I had a comic dealer buddy of mine come across a beat up copy with a detached cover MAYBE a 2.0-3.0 max...he said he would sell it to me for $180. I instantly said SOLD! Then 2 days later I asked him when I could swing by his house to give him the money and he had sold it out from under me for $400. Needless to say, I was furious.

Same thing with Flash 123...bid on a toilet paper copy missing two pages and it sold for $120. Ridiculous. My max bid was $65

Wow, and you still use the word 'buddy'?
Post 31 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've been searching for a low grade copy of ASM 129 (all I can afford lol) for a while...all of the prices are ridiculous though.

You're telling me! I was lucky to get my book a year or two ago. I paid about $150 for a raw copy and it came back a 4.0 from CBCS. I look on ebay now and they want like $300 for a 1.8!

I had a comic dealer buddy of mine come across a beat up copy with a detached cover MAYBE a 2.0-3.0 max...he said he would sell it to me for $180. I instantly said SOLD! Then 2 days later I asked him when I could swing by his house to give him the money and he had sold it out from under me for $400. Needless to say, I was furious.

Same thing with Flash 123...bid on a toilet paper copy missing two pages and it sold for $120. Ridiculous. My max bid was $65

Wow, and you still use the word 'buddy'?

He did say "HAD"
Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@DarthLego I've bought a few books from Canada in recent months. The shipping has been pretty high on a couple but the item itself was priced reasonably enough that it was still a pretty good deal altogether. I take it that's not the case with your Fathom book?

The book is $20 and the shipping is $20 bringing the total to $40, which is more than I want to pay for this book considering I can actually find the foil stamped versions cheaper, and they had lower print numbers. If I can't find it at a good price I'll probably just go ahead and buy a foil one. I only want the non-foil because I already have #12 #13 the other parts of the connecting image in non foil versions.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
My list is all over the place:

Psylocke # 1
Spider-woman # 1 (Manara cover)
ASM # 300
ASM # 194
Batman # 635

I didn't even know Psylocke had her own series.

How long have you been looking for that Manara Spider-Woman? I remember it fell to like a $50-$60 book not too long ago. I was surprised to find so few copies on ebay right now and how expensive they are :/

@DarthLego ahh, gotcha. Yeah, I guess it's bot worth it for a lower value book
Post 34 IP   flag post
I don't get why the $20 shipping for one raw book when I can order exclusive variants from AOD in Canada for less than $6 shipping.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I can't really afford to go hunting, but every now and then I look for [at least] a single issue to scratch off my AF/ASM #15, #1-#328 run.

Still need:
ASM #1, 3, 60, 68, 72-74, 76, 78, 82, 83, 87, 100, 111, 116, 117, 119, 120, 130, 132, 140-145.

Then there's my Avengers #1-#200 run.

Still need:
#1, 105, 107-113, 118, 122, 123, 126, 131, 133, 135, 137, 138, 142, 152-155.

Most will be a piece of cake. It's just a matter of doing it.
Post 36 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite LOL missed that.
Post 37 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Psylocke # 1
ASM # 300
ASM # 194
Batman # 635

How long have you been looking for that Manara Spider-Woman? I remember it fell to like a $50-$60 book not too long ago. I was surprised to find so few copies on ebay right now and how expensive they are :/

She had her own 4-issue mini series in 2010. It is a Chris Yost story and the covers are by David Finch. I have all but issue # 1 and around the time I actively started looking for it, X-Men: Apocalypse and Olivia Munn started hitting the news circuit so, of course,the book price climbed. So I wait for it to head back closer to $20.

For the Milo Manara, it is more of a passive search but always on my radar. I whet my appetite with Frank Cho's covers however if Spiderwoman # 1 should crop up for a good price I will scoop it up. The last I looked on eBay I think the best price was $175.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Psylocke # 1
ASM # 300
ASM # 194
Batman # 635

She had her own 4-issue mini series in 2010. It is a Chris Yost story and the covers are by David Finch. I have all but issue # 1 and around the time I actively started looking for it, X-Men: Apocalypse and Olivia Munn started hitting the news circuit so, of course,the book price climbed. So I wait for it to head back closer to $20.

For the Milo Manara, it is more of a passive search but always on my radar. I whet my appetite with Frank Cho's covers however if Spiderwoman # 1 should crop up for a good price I will scoop it up. The last I looked on eBay I think the best price was $175.

Ouch, I see what you mean. Those are some very optimistic buy-it-now prices, especially the graded books
Post 39 IP   flag post
So the seller just accepted my offer on this; I'm kind of surprised:

Supposedly signed by classic Captain America artist Allen Bellman (we'll see what CBCS VSP has to say about that).

Well, now I got to find something else to look for...like a cover lol. I'll definitely upgrade if I find a nicer copy in my price range but this will do nicely for the time being.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
New Mutants 15 32 36 48 58 and MGN #4 in 9.2 or better for a reasonable price.
Those are all I need to finish my set.
Post 41 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking for all the Valiant and Image comics from the 90's.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
I have been hunting this stupid book right here. I have looked and looked and looked. I don't even think it really exist. I think it is the chupacabra of books.

It is the Brandon Graham's variant cover for Godzilla Half Century War #3
Post 43 IP   flag post
@roarzola I'll find one for you, or die trying.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Psylocke # 1
ASM # 300
ASM # 194
Batman # 635

I got lucky at a sports card show a guy had a box of comics all books for a quarter. I for the Psylocke #1. It was not is super condition, but for a quarter I wasn't going to leave it there.
Post 45 IP   flag post
@JWKyle be prepared to pay hundreds and hundreds...of cents
Post 46 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by roarzola
I have been hunting this stupid book right here. I have looked and looked and looked. I don't even think it really exist. I think it is the chupacabra of books.

Amazon but it's not cheap clickable text
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@roarzola I'll find one for you, or die trying.

Oh my gosh, If you could actually find one and sell it to me, I will bow down and pledge my allegiance to the dark side and say "What is it you would have me do, my Master"
Post 48 IP   flag post
@roarzola Here you go

https://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Half-Century-Brandon-Graham-Variant/dp/B00N73CVAO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1469581650&sr=8-3&keywords=Godzilla+Half+Century+War+%233
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:

I found a couple of copies for you ($5-$8):
http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/item/e5ec49b8-3b2d-467c-8a38-f56338f03832/Godzilla-Half-Century-War-3-Brandon-Graham-Cover
Post 50 IP   flag post
@roarzola I really hope you were the one that just bought the $5 copy
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I found a couple of copies for you ($5-$8):
http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/item/e5ec49b8-3b2d-467c-8a38-f56338f03832/Godzilla-Half-Century-War-3-Brandon-Graham-Cover

Thank you, I just created an account and bought it. Hope it looks good. Not that I am complaining since at least I will have it.

Sorry DarthLego, his copy was a lot cheaper. I guess the Dark Side will have to wait for another day.

When I get a chance, I am going to have to check out that webssite.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego if you want tracking and insurance it is going to run way past $6. As well, some of the smaller stores and individuals cannot get much in the way of discounts so costs can add up quickly.

Costs from the US are not exactly cheap even without exchange being factored in. This is why I buy almost nothing online anymore and even less out of the US
Post 53 IP   flag post
This is what I like about you guys. I seriously have tried to find that book. I have checked ebay and amazon, but I never seen it listed.

Thank you so much. It was the last one I needed to complete that set.

I do hope it looks good.
Post 54 IP   flag post
@roarzola

Congrats on finding a copy of your book!

Comic Collector is a software for tracking your collection, kind of like Collectorz. The site hosts a very well maintained library that drives the software and connects you with sellers.

The software was good, used to be free but switched to a $30/year model. I love the library and the vendors have always done alright by me. They tend to not have any big keys but I always stop by when looking for a book
Post 55 IP   flag post
600821 228 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?