Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Silver Age

Daredevil 1-15 run complete!836

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
So I just got my copy of Daredevil 7 to complete my Daredevil 1-15 run! They're not all pretty but they're mine! Going forward I'll be on the lookout for upgrades, especially issue 6, but I'm also gonna start nabbing the "Daredevil and the Black Widow" run, plus the Frank Miller run, of which I only own a couple of issues.

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations! It's always nice to set a goal like this and then finally get it done.
My personal favorites of the silver age Daredevils are the ones Gene Colan drew. His style seemed to really fit Daredevil. His work on Dr. Strange in the late 60's is also killer and some of my favorite.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
There's nothing wrong with low grade. I used to own this one. The cover was split, but it was complete, thanks to a coverless copy that donated the missing page.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Well done!
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Foghorn_Sam @D84 @MR_SigS Thanks guys! I had a blast getting this lot together. While I have many silver age books, they're mostly scattered keys so this is my first actual run of SA books.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite congrats on the run.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite awesome man! So jealous
Post 7 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Awesome work, bro. I've got a few issues left for my Miller DD run. That's been a fun one to collect too. Still working on that X-men #1-15 5.5 or better run. That's a real nice collection you got there. Congrats again.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Awesome! Congrats on achieving your goal. Can't beat those early DD's
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Awesome stuff!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite, Amazing job of getting them all together! And worrying later about higher grades. You SHOULD show them off!
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Kinzebac @AndyRexia @KenWorthing @matterus023 @SilverAgeFan Thanks Guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@dielinfinite Awesome work, bro. I've got a few issues left for my Miller DD run. That's been a fun one to collect too. Still working on that X-men #1-15 5.5 or better run. That's a real nice collection you got there. Congrats again.

lol, I think I'd be lucky if the best of these came back a 5.5! How many issues do you have left in that X-Men run? I've seen a few early issues at some reasonable prices. I have a really shitty X-Men #2 and not too long ago there were a bunch of coverless early issues for sale that I almost jumped on.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Off the top of my head, I am still looking for 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 14 & 15. I only picked 5.5 or better as the grade because #1 came back as a 5.5. I'm super excited to send down my #12. It's pretty sharp. I'm hoping 8.5, probably more like an 8.0 tops.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley That's pretty awesome! I hope you show it off here once it all comes together!
Post 14 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I will. It might take some time considering I've bought some big books in the last couple weeks.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley Yeah. I'll be taking a break from major purchases for a while after SDCC. I didn't buy many books but I did buy OA and some commissions and that adds up fast.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations. When you get a nice set like that, I know how it feels just to lay them all out and look at them. You get a warm, fuzzy, feeling, inside.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roarzola
Congratulations. When you get a nice set like that, I know how it feels just to lay them all out and look at them. You get a warm, fuzzy, feeling, inside.

I'm finding it a lot more difficult to believe you're really a computer-literate husky for some readon
Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Here's one of my favorite Gene Colan DD covers:

Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats, well done. Putting together runs on a budget is very satisfying. Much more so for me, then when I had more financial capacity to buy what I wanted quickly
Post 20 IP   flag post
@VillageIdiot I kind of agree. It's fun scouring auctions and shops for the book at the price you're looking for, crossing your fingers hoping your bid makes it to the finish line. Winning some, losing some, and keeping watch till you see the book show up again.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector WEBHEAD private msg quote post Address this user
Here is my favorite autographed at the NYCC 2011 God Bless Gene Colan

Post 22 IP   flag post
@WEBHEAD Gorgeous book! Too bad for Matt that everyone and his mother would soon know his secret identity
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBHEAD
Here is my favorite autographed at the NYCC 2012 God Bless Gene Colan

That's quite a feat, considering he died in June 2011.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector WEBHEAD private msg quote post Address this user
sorry I ment 2011......... it's him he signed a Iron Man and Sub Mariner as well. Sold the Subby I am very sorry I did.
Correction made

typo not enough caffine
Post 25 IP   flag post
@WEBHEAD I thought zombie Colan attending conventions in New York was a much more intriguing story. Stick with that one in the future
Post 26 IP   flag post
597921 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?