Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSP

Someone break down the VSP82

Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Could someone explain the VSP program to me or direct me to a site which explains it? Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Iceman399 private msg quote post Address this user
www.cbcscomics.com

https://www.cbcscomics.com/asp (CGC SS)
https://www.cbcscomics.com/vsp (book already signed not witnessed)
Post 2 IP   flag post
Awesome!

Post 3 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
There is also an Original Art program where sketches are signed, verified, and witnessed with a yellow label, but no numerical grade is give. It receives the ART designation. The program eliminates the thought of having a killer sketch with a suck arse numerical grade.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
There is also an Original Art program where sketches are signed, verified, and witnessed with a yellow label, but no numerical grade is give. It receives the ART designation. The program eliminates the thought of having a killer sketch with a suck arse numerical grade.

I like that idea. Art is subjective
Post 5 IP   flag post
You can also submit your previously sketched sketch covers to the ART program (as long as they are signed) and receive an Authenticated Signature ART red label.
Post 6 IP   flag post
hm Is there a limit for size? EG...

Post 7 IP   flag post
Yes they can't do anything larger than GA currently (no mags, no posters). You need a scale or reference to show size :P that could be a postcard or a poster!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I was speaking more in terms of comic book sketch covers.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Dimensions

The maximum dimension for these are 10.25 inches tall by 7.25 inches wide. There are some restrictions, please contact Customer Service if you have questions.

From their website :P
Post 10 IP   flag post
Ahh k
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector SSAckbar private msg quote post Address this user
If you've gotten a sketch by some not very known artists in the artist alley and want to get it verified through the OA program, would it be possible?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Those links aren't really informative. Nor is there much info on which membership is relevant.

I notice there is a bronze, silver and gold. What does each tier mean?

I am mostly after getting books signed, what membership is relevant to me?

Is there a list of facilitators, or witnesses? How about vendors who are sponsors of the program?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Jeffreykli private msg quote post Address this user
ASP refers to the program with facilitators, similar to CGC's SS program.

VSP is a separate program where comics that are already signed are independently verified through signature analysis, and if proved, get a different label.

For example, below is a book that was signed by Steve Gallaci on the inside front cover. No facilitator or witness was present, so the book cannot be submitted under the ASP program. However, I was able to send it under the VSP program.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Nice book

I understand the difference between the two, I am just unsure of who to contact at a show/event where I would need a witness to verify my books.

Also, I am unclear as to which membership would benefit me, someone who wants to mostly submit for signings.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Jeffreykli private msg quote post Address this user
Then I think you need to focus on the ASP program, and look in the "Signature Opportunities" tags. I'm not sure if there's a complete list of facilitators.

As to level of membership, I think that would also depend on your expected volume of submissions.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Thanks for the info
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreykli
Then I think you need to focus on the ASP program, and look in the "Signature Opportunities" tags. I'm not sure if there's a complete list of facilitators.

As to level of membership, I think that would also depend on your expected volume of submissions.
I agree with this. When accepting submissions at conventions I don't generally suggest anyone purchases a membership unless it's going to be a benefit to them. It's not a requirement to submit to CBCS and if you're only submitting a small amount of books in the span of a year it may well be more cost effective for you, personally, to pay the non-member prices. If you're submitting a higher volume of books it makes sense to get the membership.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
Dynamic Forced and Midtown Comics have been doing exclusive autos for their books for the longest time.
Can CBCS not strike an authenticity deal with them?

It can either be, they'll be sent directly by DF or Midtown directly to CBCS, and it'll still receive a Yellow Label because it's a business-to-business hand off... Or one of the Midtown or DF staff should be offering in-house Witnessing on their events.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Good question. I'd like to know about Celebrity Authentics as well
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector SSAckbar private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah. I'm also curious as to what happens if I get a sketch done by some not very known artist at a con, who isn't on the VSP authentication list?
Can I still slab my sketch cover through the VSP program?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Just to clarify a couple things. A signature can be verified if it is on the list of names that CSA (the company doing the verifying for CBCS) can verify. This list is quite extensive and and includes a wide variety of people - comic related artists and creators, authors, politicians, celebrities, athletes, actors, etc. IF they do not have an autograph on file, they have access to a signature database used by numerous signature verification companies the world wide (I forget the name of it right now). Also, in the case of the verified art, it is the signature that will get verified, not the sketch itself. The label will just say that the signature is authentic (if it is). I do not know if they deduct in grading for a sketch that has a verified signature. I would go with the verified Art label myself. There are a number of reasons for that.

I forgot to mention - you CAN call CBCS and ask if a certain name is on file.
Post 22 IP   flag post
598019 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?