Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

civil war ii #3 cover damage manufacture or?811

Collector ESSA private msg quote post Address this user
hey guys i wanted ask something

i have order 3 new civil war ii #3 original covers all three of them have ding in the corner's,(left staple side's, top and bottom) i was wondering if your cover have those too. its black overs and the ding is white so it stands out, i dont know if its print press problem or they got damaged in transit.

i was also wondering would this be valid reason to send back to the shop.

thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
i also have notice on all 3 books a straight line indentation running down from the first I through the letter R to the bottom any body else have that mark.

i've also notice a black mark on the nightwing dc variants running across the top in the few book ive ordered.
Post 2 IP   flag post
the place where i order these books, uses one bag to place 4 to 5 books in it and places it in in cardboard boxes which isn't tight so they move about they only bag and board variants covers.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I only have the Dell'Otto cover of CWII#3 so I can't compare. I get all my new fresh off the print regular books from TFAW.com and pay an extra .25 for bag and board on each, every thing I get from them looks perfect.
Post 4 IP   flag post
how about the nightwing dc variant black horizontal mark DarthLego?
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I think the Nightwing is in my next shipment, I get my pull list shipped every two weeks to save on cost.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Probably an issue with the distributor (Diamond)
Post 7 IP   flag post
this store in the uk is well known so i dont why they put 4-5 book in one bag why not put each book in its own bag if they wont bag and board standard covers. the amount business they do and amount money they make they could at least for their subscription members do this the very least, at this rate they would be getting alot damaged returns. im going give them ring and give them pieces of my mind this not acceptably even tho they would most likely replace it for me.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
Probably an issue with the distributor (Diamond)

we need to verfy this from the member swho have bought the issue
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Diamond issue
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
I went to 3 different shops. All had the same creases about 5/8 to 3/4 the way up the spine.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
I went to 3 different shops. All had the same creases about 5/8 to 3/4 the way up the spine.

hey thanks for the investigation ^^ is that the same crease that i mentioned in the above post's.

also i went to do some investigation of my own, i did'nt see any ding sin the corners of the books so i guess my comics books were the unlucky one's they got damaged in transits.
Post 12 IP   flag post
600638 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?