Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkComics Modern AgeMemorabiliaSignatures

Show off your Michael Turner792

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
So there's been a bit of bad blood towards Aspen after some missteps last week and then there's the whole CBCS label thing. How about we focus on something awesome like everyone's Michael Turner anything; Covers, signatures, books, whatever!

I'll start off with a book I just got today. I was amazed that I got this for cheaper than cover price (not that it was particularly cheap then) but here it is! Number 13 out of 50! The holographic sticker was apparently signed by Turner at Wizard World LA 2007!

If you have a copy of this book and haven't flipped through it recently, there's a couple of things in the gallery you might recognize!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector JRA private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector zab47 private msg quote post Address this user
wow great covers and collector book for a new guy like me are these comics u are investing on or just your favorite comics for the green guy here info please
Post 5 IP   flag post
@zab47 I would say most are fans of the artist and as such might be willing to spend more for rare and collectible pieces
Post 6 IP   flag post
thanks for the ans. and your reply
Post 7 IP   flag post
Here's a couple more

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
@zab47 For me it was an impulse buy back in 2009 iirc. I had just returned to collecting and to be honest I wasn't even aware of who Turner was or that he had passed away. I keep it in the slab because if I were to 'trim the fat' from my collection, this would be included.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user

Ok so technically this isn't mine. Back in 2005 or 2006, I can't remember which, I got to meet Michael Turner at SDCC. The woman I was dating at the time is a huge Turner fan so I bought this book and got him to sign it and make it out to her.

I had honestly forgotten all about this but she reminded me of it recently and sent this picture. My memory is terrible and I had all but forgotten. Michael was a nice guy and gracious enough to make the autograph to her.
Post 10 IP   flag post

Also got her a statue, which was signed by him on the bottom.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@AndyRexia Ah yes, the ex! The things we did for them. I had gotten mine a copy of ASM vol. 36 back when it was a lot cheaper than it is now.

Anyways, I hadn't seen that bust but it is very appropriate for the subject.

The book is great, too. While I don't have that one, I do have this one:

Post 12 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite she's the one ex I can actually get along with. I didn't mind doing that for her at all because now I have the cool memory of meeting Michael Turner.

I like your book. Very cool. I have some Turners of my own but nothing spectacular and I don't have any pictures at the moment.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@AndyRexia lol I haven't spoken to that ex in a few years. Sometimes I wonder how that comic's doing though
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector IndyKMB private msg quote post Address this user
Some BEAUTIFUL books, esp that Fathom foil!
Post 15 IP   flag post
@IndyKMB Thanks, love that book, it was the first CBCS slabbed book I bought, also the one Fathom book I could never find when I was first collecting Fathom about 18 years ago. It's also the one book I own where I intentionally try to get camera glare.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Jesus! I didn't realize Fathom was nearly 20 years old now! I thought it was like 10
Post 17 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite Time flys, yesterday I was a teenager, now I'm 3 years away from 40, scary.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I think the Aspen reboot was closer to about 10 years ago. The original Top Cow series I think began in 1997.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Correction, the slab says 2000, issue 1 was probably 1999.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Post 21 IP   flag post
All I remember about '98 is Lots of
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
I was never fortunate enough to have met him,but love his work. I will have to post some of the things I have later. I am enjoying what has been posted here so far.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Bloodlikefire private msg quote post Address this user

More on the way, once I figure out my camera size issues.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@Bloodlikefire I used to have the Museum Edition for Fathom #1 I think. I wasn't a huge fan of the style and I think it's the only comic I've ever sold.
Post 25 IP   flag post
alright I just bought a short box of comics at a silent auction and I put these fathom comics on the side thinking that they were sexy but never thought much of them until I joined on here wow now I have a great selection and the box only cost me 11 bucks am I lucky now I need to go see which 1's I have. do I keep for the future or sell any suggestions
Post 26 IP   flag post
Unless it's a particular valuable variant, I don't think many Fathom comics are worth a significant amount, though at $11 for the box, you'll still bring in a profit. Really it boils down to if you like the books enough to keep or do you prefer to make a few bucks selling them.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I like the covers
Post 28 IP   flag post
Fathom is a fantastic sci-fi story. Once Hollywood finally gets this thing going the books will take off in value. It's been in development hell for a few years now.

The variant covers have held some good value because of their rarity. Because of the regular issues being cheap it's a good time to fill any gaps in your collection.
Post 29 IP   flag post

Post 30 IP   flag post
600892 119 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?