Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

[POLL] Which logo and label do you prefer?768

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muaythaiguy
I dont think cbcs are going to change their new logo and label.

That would be unfortunate. "My way or highway" doesn't have to be the only option. If CBCS decided to offer a choice between either design I bet everyone would be onboard.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Concerning the logo only, and considering CBCS is a newish company, it seems that CBCS would want to keep the original logo to establish visual consistency. People are creatures of habit and also develop associations with symbols. The new logo is still a shield, but to me, it appears vastly different to the original logo, not to mention less appealing.

Imagine if Adidas suddenly added a fourth stripe or Nike altered their swoosh. It just doesn't make sense to mess with an established logo design unless it is a brand new company logo that does not appeal to consumers. I don't think that is the case with CBCS. Their original shield logo looked fantastic to me.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Every time I see a poll about something that people do not like I always see the "most customers/fans/etc do not post on the forum" argument put up by the side that likes the change and is loosing the poll. But guess what, a companies forum is it's direct line of communication to it's customers and fans. They can ONLY hear the opinions of those who voice them. So this might be harsh, but anyone who chooses not to participate in feedback doesn't get their voice heard and their opinion doesn't count. Just like voting in an election, if you sit on the sidelines, you don't have a say in what those who chose to participate decided with their vote.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Every time I see a poll about something that people do not like I always see the "most customers/fans/etc do not post on the forum" argument put up by the side that likes the change and is loosing the poll. But guess what, a companies forum is it's direct line of communication to it's customers and fans. They can ONLY hear the opinions of those who voice them. So this might be harsh, but anyone who chooses not to participate in feedback doesn't get their voice heard and their opinion doesn't count. Just like voting in an election, if you sit on the sidelines, you don't have a say in what those who chose to participate decided with their vote.

Sorry you do not like the truth. But you also prove the point. Those of us who do not like the new label, and I do prefer the old label, never spoke loud enough so the powers that be ASSUMED a label change was necessary.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I voted for numbers but in the end none of it matters except what CBCS choses to do.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

Sorry you do not like the truth. But you also prove the point. Those of us who do not like the new label, and I do prefer the old label, never spoke loud enough so the powers that be ASSUMED a label change was necessary.

Prior to the actual change announcement I saw very minimal chatter about the label being boring, and never once saw an indication that CBCS was taking any of that to heart. This is one reason CBCS should have had an open deciscussion, something like "Hey guys, here's a concept we are considering, what do you guys think?" Then they could have guaged the response before actually taking the plunge and made tweaks to something that had a consensus of being eye pleasing to most people. I really don't understand why CBCS rushed this into production under complete secrecy the way they did.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I think the logo change is what is most baffling, even IF CBCS felt the label needed an overhaul, why did they feel the logo needed changing? No one ever said anything bad about the old logo. It was clean, bold and professional.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego I agree while there was talk of the label by no means was it the most common debate. By far the most popular debate was about a census and registry, both of which I would think would be higher priority than a label change. Same with website and forum changes. Having a functioning ecoupon system is far more needed than a label change. Why they changed the logo is a mystery, unless the new logo was easier to transform to a holofoil sticker.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego The original logo is very attractive. My only suggestion was to make the central part of the logo, the silver part, embossed foil stamping plus the circular border of the logo also embossed silver foil stamped. I hope I described that correctly. Keep the design the same though.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I don't like the website used for the polling. SurveyMonkey is clearly superior. I think we should ditch the current poll and set up a new, professional poll on SurveyMonkey.
Post 35 IP   flag post
600796 35 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?