Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
If, the rivets vanish they could salvage this design.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Old logo with hologram, loose the rivets, and it's a winner.
Post 202 IP   flag post
Collector DrunkWooky private msg quote post Address this user
I like the new label, CBCS! Can't wait for my books to come back under it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyComix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenlocke_Variant
go with this lol

see now thats a label.

That IS a very good looking label. No way any major comic book company would allow blatant, repeated, unlicensed usage of their trademark in another company's course of business. But, yeah, that is some nice graphic design.
Post 203 IP   flag post
Collector akionabr private msg quote post Address this user
Lol sorry but if I am encapdulating my personal books, I want it to be in a slab that looks nice. This new logo looks cheap (again, think 90's). I am definitely holding off on my next submission.
Post 204 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Flippers don't give a crap what the book looks like. It's collectors who slab to keep who care that the label looks nice.

Didn't you say you flip books to fund what you collect?
So you're a Sith at odds with himself?

Learn how to read better.

Meaning that's not what you said, or you're not the one who said that?
A few said they flip books in order to fund what they collect. I thought you were one of them (maybe I'm thinking SilverAgeFan, it's hard to search for past posts here).

If you didn't say that, or if you don't do that, my apologies.

Rage on
Post 205 IP   flag post

I do believe it was SilverAgeFan that said it. I personally have one CBCS book for sale, which I payed triple retail for from an ebay scalper when it was raw. Only selling it so I can use that money to get another book which is currently price jacked because of scalpers. No worries mate . CBCS has my feathers ruffled right now.
Post 206 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS, I am one of the folks that said that Sig. Does that make me a flippin collector? Or a collectin flipper? But it does help fund my more ambitious purchases.
But, if I recall, on a different thread earlier this week, Darth said something to the effect that he'd have to flip some books to help pay for all the Harley variants he was buying.
If I'm wrong Darth, you have my apologies!
Post 207 IP   flag post
I did say I was considering flipping some of the B&W covers because I'm not really into them that much. I'm 100% keeping the color covers.
Post 208 IP   flag post
@DarthLego, Darth, we're narrowing down where you dark side vampires keep your coffins. "No worries mate". Somewhere in Australia!
Post 209 IP   flag post
On the upside, look at all the money I'm going to save this year by using ZERO grading companies and keeping my books raw.
Post 210 IP   flag post
@SilverAgeFan Cincinnati, Ohio my friend. I'll be waiting. You have no idea the power of the Dark Side.
Post 211 IP   flag post
Darth, calm down. Give it some time. See what happens. See if all the unhappy CGC guys come this way. Watch the prices.
On the other hand, if you hate the new logo, you hate it and that's that.
Post 212 IP   flag post
@DarthLego, Damn, you're likable in spite of yourself!
Post 213 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
hmm. does look cartoony. bummer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-1-Michael-Turner-Aspen-Variant-CBCS-Not-CGC-9-8-1ST-NEW-LABEL-DC-Rebirth-/131878543021
Post 214 IP   flag post
The thing is, 99.99% of my to be slabbed pile is staying in my personal collection for at least the next 30 years (knock on wood). The aesthetic appearance of the CBCS slabs most a major factor in choosing to give my business to them. I love how the old label looked, yes it could have used a few weeks, but overall all it was a great label. I refuse to stare at something I consider ugly for the next 30 years, so if this is now the option I have? I'd prefer staring at plain Mylar, Full backs, and toploaders as opposed to those rivets.
Post 215 IP   flag post
If they just loose the goofy rivets and do nothing else it would be 1000% better.
Post 216 IP   flag post
I have 3 fast pass coupons I paid good membership money for. I have liked CBCS ever since I discovered their existence. I want to continue doing business with them. The old label was so clean and professional. Everything about CBCS worked for me as a consumer and collector. They need to do something to make that customer relationship continue. Because this (pointing at the new label) does not fit anywhere into Darth's private collection.
Post 217 IP   flag post
Collector akionabr private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The thing is, 99.99% of my to be slabbed pile is staying in my personal collection for at least the next 30 years (knock on wood). The aesthetic appearance of the CBCS slabs most a major factor in choosing to give my business to them. I love how the old label looked, yes it could have used a few weeks, but overall all it was a great label. I refuse to stare at something I consider ugly for the next 30 years, so if this is now the option I have? I'd prefer staring at plain Mylar, Full backs, and toploaders as opposed to those rivets.

I agree with you completely. I am not staring at some 90's RPG game logo and label. I can understand people's hate on CGC but when it boils down to it, their label is professional.
Post 218 IP   flag post
Collector TimesChange private msg quote post Address this user
I thought we were over trying to make print or screens look like real world textures or objects when Apple iOS did away with it.

Trying to make the label look like brushed metal is a throwback to the 90's skeumorphism and makes things look very childish and cheap "to me" but people still do it, some love it.

The font also looks less professional then the old font. Just stick with basics, to me the 9.4 with this new font....yikes.

I do like the new logo, I would have kept the color closer and just fixed up the layout.
Post 219 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I love how the old label looked, yes it could have used a few tweeks, but overall all it was a great label.

Yah, the change is confusing. The "old" logo was good...why not make that the foil hologram?

I don't want to write an essay, but, yeesh, I have strong concerns/opinions...

Does it seem to anyone that there is an effort to emulate CGC's color schemes? I get that blue is a hard color to dislike...but perhaps distinguish yourself differently?
Post 220 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
Does it seem to anyone that there is an effort to emulate CGC's color schemes?

Absolutely!
The darker colored strip at the top is an outright attempt to blend in with the other companies' labels when they're sitting in a box and the very top is all you can see.
Post 221 IP   flag post
Collector Arikhan private msg quote post Address this user
About the only thing that looks bad to me are the fake rivets. The rest I can live with.
Post 222 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
@MR_SigS, I am one of the folks that said that Sig. Does that make me a flippin collector? Or a collectin flipper?

I don't know. Ask Darth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
But it does help fund my more ambitious purchases.

Whatever works for you is fine with me. DarthLego is the one that said flippers don't give a crap about how labels look.

You can see how blanket statements are no good for anything.
Post 223 IP   flag post
I was responding to someone else who made the blanket statement that only flippers were upset about the new label being ugly.
Post 224 IP   flag post
Collector Bluespeyer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The aesthetic appearance of the CBCS slabs most a major factor in choosing to give my business to them. I love how the old label looked,

Same here. I dislike the cheap look of the new logo, the rivets, and the new colored strip on top. I've been going with CBCS precisely because it DIDN'T look like CGC, which imo places superficial -- and arrogant -- importance on the grade, not on the book itself. I understand if you're a dealer you want high grades on your modern books in order to (hopefully) turn a profit, but I'm a collector who wants his mid-grade Goldens to look good displayed, period. The old label did that BEAUTIFULLY, while the new one would make em look inferior. Just my opinion of course.
Post 225 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Less is more.

Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector Bluespeyer private msg quote post Address this user
Get rid of the border and you've got something.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Less is more.

Even that looks better, and how much time did that take you to design?
Post 228 IP   flag post
30 minutes. I didn't think anybody would care, so that's why I didn't complete all the text words.
Post 229 IP   flag post
Another kick in the pants is the complete lack of even asking the community of our opinion. No design mockups, no polls, no voting, no feedback. Who exactly was it they "heard?" It wasn't this forum.
Post 230 IP   flag post
601281 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?